Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What competition belt do you use and why?

GrumpyOne

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm weird....I use a Safariland Sam Brown belt that is 2 1/2" with a suede lining for several years now. Bladetec DOH holster and Ghost pouches because they fit. I'm a lady and need to wear my belt low on my big hips. I like my belt real tight and I can really cinch this up like doing up a saddle on a horse! lol. I get odd looks for wearing a PPC belt in IPSC but I have no plans on changing it anytime soon. It's not a belt I usually recommend to most people who can wear a belt normally.

I own a Defense Solutions Group belt, and could not help but notice in reading through here that nobody mentioned DSG. Are they substandard? Do they cause Mikes?

I have only shot in one outdoor USPSA shoot, but the DSG belt served me well as did the used CompTac holster and magazine holders that i bought. And although it was my first outdoor shoot, i did not finish last by a good margin. How does that DSG belt stack up, or is it too low on the totem pole to even be worthy of a reply?

Mine's branded Blade Tech, but I think it's a rebranded CR speed, they look and feel the same to me except the logo on the loop. I've never felt a need to change. I considered a Safariland when I bought a 014 holster, but once I fixed the breaking straps that hold it to a standard belt, I decided to stick with the BT.

• 2 weeks later...

New guy here, I just got my CR speed in the mail.

Just for the info, I wear 33" waist in Jeans. Actual mesurement with a tailors tape was 36" I ordered the 40" CR Speed. This gives me approx 12" overlap on my inner belt and around 8" on my outer without any holster or mag pouches. I think I could have gotten the 38 and been fine, but this gives me options.

I recently purchased the CR Speed Deluxe Hi-Torque to replace a very old (think 1980's??)1 hand-me-down Safariland that was starting to get saggy and cause my draws to stick a bit from my DAA racemaster holster. I ordered the belt based on posts on this forum and the aesthetics, The one I received from a US dealer had some minor cosmetic flaws. As I bought it partially for "pretty" I was a little disappointed.

I emailed CR Speed directly on Saturday with some pics. To my surprise I got an email back from Cathy Resca, in less than an hour, apologizing for what must have been overlooked as a manufacturing defect. She said she would airmail me a new one at no cost (from South Africa!!) as soon as possible. I was blown away with the speed of the response I got and this outstanding customer service experience. I have enjoyed other CR Speed products and I will never hesitate to buy anything from them. This type of customer service is scarce these days and I have to publicly recognize it.

Go CR speed!!!

Yep. CR speed are a great company. As you may guess from their name (rescomp) Cathy is part of the owners of the company.

I ordered one of my cr hi torque deluxe belts direct from them as no one in my area carried that model. At the time I ordered I also mentioned id lost all the spare spacers for my 5 cr versa pouches (intending to buy some).

I got the belt and 5 full spacer kits in the mail free of charge.

Anyone who has both the daa and cr belt and compares them closely will see where the cr belt is better made.

I now use and like daa pouches but I would not hesitate to buy anything cr/rescomp make.

• 2 months later...

Anybody try a Guga Ribas / Erine Hill speed option belt?

I have a Ernie Hill rig for my Limited gun, it's very nice. Belt is ultra stiff, mag pouches have any configuration you would want.

And the Black with Gold accents is looks great.

Thanks zzw26n I'm looking at getting the belt , holster , mag pouches , from Ernie Hill for my open gun. Have used CR Speed belt for years, they are a great belt.

I've owned Bladetech, CR & JR Holsters but now have standardized on Black Scorpion. I've got belts setup for Production, Limited, Single Stack & 3-gun (which is also a backup production rig) and for both of my kids in Production setup. I don't see any difference in quality and they are plenty stiff for me. My only complaint is the inner belt end is not tapered so unless you thread it through before you put your pants on it can be slow going through the loops. It also makes it a little harder to run the overwrap part through to the side where I like to wear it. It hasn't been enough trouble to make me take it to a shoe repair shop to have it cut and sewed though, which wouldn't be too hard to do. I got such a good hookup on the cost of the gear I don't see a need to spend more. I will say my son's first belt that he out grew was a Ghost and I was pleased with it as far as quality vs. price.

I own a Defense Solutions Group belt, and could not help but notice in reading through here that nobody mentioned DSG. Are they substandard? Do they cause Mikes?

I have only shot in one outdoor USPSA shoot, but the DSG belt served me well as did the used CompTac holster and magazine holders that i bought. And although it was my first outdoor shoot, i did not finish last by a good margin. How does that DSG belt stack up, or is it too low on the totem pole to even be worthy of a reply?

Very late reply but I'll go anyway. DSG seems pretty popular in 3-gun but I've never seen one in USPSA. I personally have no experience with their belts but their Kydex is great quality, more tactical than practical but good stuff. Great company overall too, they've received many thousand of my dollars over the years.

Safariland els for 3 gun, interchangeability with pouches is awesome. For pistol only uspsa DAA is great. Belt is wicked stiff. Haven't tried others but after using DAA I have no desire to look elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 regular DAA and 2 DAA Pro. The standard DAA belt is super-stuff and I love it. The Pro belt is still pretty stiff, but has a tad more give. Haven't tried anything else, and probably won't.

Recognize if you use CR Speed Versa pouches, the standard DAA belt is a bit thick, but it fits the Pro belt perfectly.