Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What competition belt do you use and why?

GrumpyOne

Fresh eyes here. Hello big boy.;)

I just ordered another CR Speed belt and pouches for my ill conceived notion to dabble in Open Division.

Are the set screws through the top of the pouches still the best way to secure them?

Thanks

Kevin

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered another CR Speed belt and pouches for my ill conceived notion to dabble in Open Division.

Are the set screws through the top of the pouches still the best way to secure them?

Thanks

Kevin

It's been working well for me for several years.

I put the screws up through the bottom but I don't see why going through the top would be any problem.

• 1 year later...

Thanks

Kevin

It's been working well for me for several years.

I put the screws up through the bottom but I don't see why going through the top would be any problem.

Still working for me.

Look at post #51, on page 2, screws from the top but will work from the bottom.

• 3 months later...

look at that...the search function does work.

i got a DAA belt with my gun.....only issue is i am too fat! :surprise: so i oredered a CR. i have yet to use it.

i do like the stiffer DAA outer belt....but again i might as well try the CR and see how i do. then later either i will loose some weight (yeah right!) or just order a DAA just to try it. the extra stiffness seems like a good thing but wudda i know?

thanks

eddie

Just upgraded a couple months ago from leather gear to

CR Speed belt, CR Speed pouches, with Power Factor spacers for Singlestack, and Comp-Tac Belt Holster.

Why? Seemed like the thing to do at the time.

I changed guns, belts, caliber, new range bag, new shirt. Pretty much everything is new except my shoes and sox -- and they're next.

• 8 months later...

I am going to go against the grain here. I am very picky, have a freakish attention to detail and own 4 belts currently. I have been almost completely converted from cr speed to the JR holster belt sold by cpwsa. My last remaining cr speed is constantly fraying and the trim is coming unstitched in numerous places. The JR holster belt is hands down the best I have seen. Super stiff, far better Velcro than the cr, and fit and finish better than any other brand. Not to mention it comes in cheaper by $5 as well. It should also be noted that the Velcro on the crspeed wears out quickly and has bare patches that no longer adhere. The cr speed is not excessively old at 2 years either. If you are in doubt give the JR holster belt a try. As far as I know cpwsa is the only place in the States that carries them. They offer a lot of colors from the factory but international shipping is a killer. Cpwsa carries blue black and red. In my opinion one of the best kept secrets or the most underrated product in shooting sports accessories.

Edited by sb3

In my opinion, there is such a thing as too stiff. I started out with a CR Speed belt which served me well for years. I then drank the cool aid and went all DAA, which was Super Stiff and Super heavy. SInce then, Ghost International has supplied me with holsters, mag pouches and belts. I prefer their outer belt with a super still inner belt. This allows you to fully engage the belts.

My DAA rig was so stiff that there were many points where the belts did contact each other.

Ghost International has the right combination for me!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Of my three current rigs, two are CR-Speed and one is DAA.

My DAA is the stiffest; almost too stiff, which is the reason why my newest rig features a CR instead. The stiffness of the DAA makes it seems to want to come off of me, as it doesn't conform to my waist as easily.

And FWIW, my new CR belt seems to be stiffer than the old one. And the new CR inner seems to be thinner than the old one. The new one was purchased this year, while the "old" one is about two years old (~2008).

ETA - Both of my CRS belts are the normal versions; I haven't tried the "Deluxe" or whatever it is.

I have found the same kind of thing. I have an older CR speed belt too (around 2008 made). it has the plain inner belt (no CR speed lettering around the inside of the inner, and the belt keeper is embroidered, not the stamped rubber logo of the newer ones). This belt has the inner belt end tapered which is nice. The outer belt seems pretty much the same as later made ones. Mine has lasted fine. there are a few pulled bits of velcro as you'd expect being used at least once a week for 5 years. but the outer belt is still pretty stiff, doesn't seperate and works nicely with my production rig (H&S CW5 holster, CZ Shadow, 5 CR speed versa pouches). I too found the DAA a little too stiff. I'm now going to try the CR speed 'deluxe' version of the super hi-torque and see how that goes for my new rig.

I am going to go against the grain here. I am very picky, have a freakish attention to detail and own 4 belts currently. I have been almost completely converted from cr speed to the JR holster belt sold by cpwsa. My last remaining cr speed is constantly fraying and the trim is coming unstitched in numerous places. The JR holster belt is hands down the best I have seen. Super stiff, far better Velcro than the cr, and fit and finish better than any other brand. Not to mention it comes in cheaper by $5 as well. It should also be noted that the Velcro on the crspeed wears out quickly and has bare patches that no longer adhere. The cr speed is not excessively old at 2 years either. If you are in doubt give the JR holster belt a try. As far as I know cpwsa is the only place in the States that carries them. They offer a lot of colors from the factory but international shipping is a killer. Cpwsa carries blue black and red. In my opinion one of the best kept secrets or the most underrated product in shooting sports accessories.

That is a shame you had that experience. As above I have a CR speed belt that is 5 years old and gets used every weekend with a decent-ish amount of gear on it. I'm not sure if perhaps their more newly made belts are not quite as well made as earlier ones. there was definitely a change in production when they went from plain inner belts to the ones printed with CR speed in blue.

• 1 year later...