Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What competition belt do you use and why?

GrumpyOne

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of CR speed and a couple of Double Alpha. On the CR speed, I find my holster and mag pouches moving around. The DAA is a little bit wider, and the stuff stays put. From now on I will only buy DAA.

I use a Davis belt. Any of you guys know that name?

the first prize I ever won at a match was a Gordon Davis belt and holster with a nice shiny brass buckle. That belt was great in the old school leather days. Sold it when I wen into the service. While I wish I still had them both, none of that gear would fit me now.

To OP, CR all the way . Need to get two more this year for my new shooter and so I don't have to switch my prod and Lim rigs over when I choose which I'm going to practice with.

JZ

I use a 5 stitch Wilderness Tactical belt shooting Production.

Works well with my Tek-lok stuff, which were also chosen for the same easy on/off and multipurpose-ness reasons as the belt.

They've been secure enough but I can see a point in my development where a inner/outer belt and fixed holster/mag pouches would be better.

-Dale

I have used the CR Speed belts and I still have setups with it. However, I looked at and tried the AA belt and they are more stiffer than the CR Speed. So I got one for my primary rig. I have no problem going back to using the rigs setup with the CR Speed belts. I have not tried the newer CR Speed belts so I do not know how they compare. You want to get a stiff belt so when you draw or grab for your mags, they come straight out instead of twisting your belt.

Edited by racerba

I use a blue one, or at least blue-trimmed. I'm pretty sure it fits better and is faster than black or red. Blue is cool -- just ask Micah. Ciao for now.

-br

I bought CR Speed because that's the only belt I could buy at the local gunshop. Still have only seen one DAA belt that I can recall at the matches I've been to over the last year.

I love my Double Alpha belts! Stiff, well made... And, I like the added thickness! My Comptac holster was a bit of a P.I.T.A. to get on, but IT DOES NOT MOVE now that it is on the belt! I added some velco to my Ready Tactical mag pouches and they stay too! I use the same belt/set up for Limited/Lim 10 and Prodution. I have a 2nd DA belt set up for my single stack rig...

Do you think the CR speed belts are so much more popular because they have been around longer? Opinions?

Yes. They were the best belt available for a long time. Now the competition is picking up. They reworked their belt after Double Alpha came out with their thicker/meaner belt. Possibly coincidence?

The new CR is a good belt. So are the DA belts. That Center of Mass belt I saw looks pretty good, though the website needs some help. Safariland has an interesting looking new belt.

Like most of my gear, my rig(s) tend to be Frankenstein mash ups. Double stack rig is a CR Speed outer with loop type Safariland inner because the S-land is thinner and for me can be pulled tighter, also fits through the belt loops easier...Gugas holster and CR Versa pouches. Singlestack (L-10) rig is almost the opposite with the Safariland ELS outer and the CR inner, because the thickness of the CR inner makes the holes in the ELS line up correctly. Safariland 012, 771's in the front, 773's in the back. Those locking forks and plates are expensive...but your stuff will never shift. Single Stack Division rig is an old Ted Blocker leather belt that I've stuck industrial strength Velcro hook side tape to over a Safariland inner. Safariland 5189 and fold-molded Kydex clip on mag pouches I got off of eBay.

I used to use a bianchi inner and outer system. I decided to make my own because the bianchi was too thick to get through some of my belt loops and I wanted something thin but stiff. I also wanted something that wasn't plain black.

• 3 weeks later...

well voted for the DAA as they are the latest that I have bought ..

i still have a couple of Cr Speeds but the DAA's feel a lot better,

I have yet to get a New Cr Speed to try maybe get one for the daughter to

try out..

J.kee

Started with a Safariland...moved to the CR Belt then tried the DAA one and I just like it a lot.... much better, stiffer and a little bigger which is a pain to insert stuff but they sure stay put after ;)