Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who would you pick to make your double stack 9 for SAO optic (if it happens)

Gunsbygiz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, attakmint said:

At what point do we just resurrect Modified?

I mentioned that on one of these threads. I think modified would be around if they had reliable slide ride optics back then and they made it 9mm minor only..
Pretty much what we have now with CO

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 12:36 PM, Blaize said:

I would shoot that new US made P226 X5!

I wouldn’t mind picking one of those up, but hard to justify the price when I can’t really play with it in any USPSA division.

Can these achieve a reasonable capacity? (23 rounds at minimum) 

On 11/2/2022 at 2:38 PM, waktasz said:

Can these achieve a reasonable capacity? (23 rounds at minimum) 

i *think* so, they make flush length 18rd mags, so I’m pretty sure with a +5 base and maybe a follower swap it could be done, but I have not done it myself.

• 2 months later...

Of your list I would choose Infinity.  Have never owned one but they sure look nice and run.

My actual pick would be to have Carne Customs make me a CO top end for one of the open guns I already have from him or just build me a complete new gun.  None of the makers on your list build off the LSI grip and since that is what I run on my 2 open guns it is what I will stick with.

3 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

I heard there just going to let 2011 in CO but they have to run a plastic grip and be under 47oz. 

😀😀

Why would they mandate a plastic grip?  And why would they make the weight 47 v. 59 for others?  Both seem arbitrary and dumb.  Also, per the rules, you can't pin the grip safety.

On 1/17/2023 at 10:15 PM, ltdmstr said:

Why would they mandate a plastic grip?  And why would they make the weight 47 v. 59 for others?  Both seem arbitrary and dumb.  Also, per the rules, you can't pin the grip safety.

Thanks. And have to shoot minor. 

Have no idea why I read forums

Edited by Brooke

I would get an off the shelf walther or CZ that works with off the shelf magazines and off the shelf ammo.. No way I would drop the coin on a 2011 , tuned magazines and require long loaded off spec ammo to run. Spend the couple 1000 saved on ammo , practice and classes.
Minor PF 2011 is nothing but a fashion statement.. Nice guns,, but the extra coin isnt buying a competitive advantage. 
I can see the platform for open major, as its about all that can run 9mm major and hold up, also for limited major,, dont think too many platforms can fit 21 rounds of 40 in a 140mm mag.

14 hours ago, Joe4d said:

I would get an off the shelf walther or CZ that works with off the shelf magazines and off the shelf ammo.. No way I would drop the coin on a 2011 , tuned magazines and require long loaded off spec ammo to run. Spend the couple 1000 saved on ammo , practice and classes.
Minor PF 2011 is nothing but a fashion statement.. Nice guns,, but the extra coin isnt buying a competitive advantage. 
I can see the platform for open major, as its about all that can run 9mm major and hold up, also for limited major,, dont think too many platforms can fit 21 rounds of 40 in a 140mm mag.

this

• 2 weeks later...