Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who would you pick to make your double stack 9 for SAO optic (if it happens)

Gunsbygiz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt,, I'd run a production and available striker gun that will run on factory spec ammo with mags a third the price that dont need tuning, and not lose one whole second of sleep worrying about a $4000 2011 and their $100 plus mags and tuning kits. And I have custom 2011 limited guns sitting in the safe.. Id still just run a plastic fantastic,, Just so much less worry and tinkering... At one time I enjoyed  tuning and tinkering,,  Not so much anymore.  

14 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

I wouldnt,, I'd run a production and available striker gun that will run on factory spec ammo with mags a third the price that dont need tuning, and not lose one whole second of sleep worrying about a $4000 2011 and their $100 plus mags and tuning kits. And I have custom 2011 limited guns sitting in the safe.. Id still just run a plastic fantastic,, Just so much less worry and tinkering... At one time I enjoyed  tuning and tinkering,,  Not so much anymore.  

I've got to be honest that's a pretty solid argument right there. And one of the main reasons I've shot a plastic gun in limited for so long. It just works and makes life easy

Funny how not one person here answered the question 

I have no experience with anything other then shooting my buddy’s atlas Athena with a slide mounted dot. So that gets my vote although I Dono how much that helps 

5 minutes ago, Zachjet said:

I have no experience with anything other then shooting my buddy’s atlas Athena with a slide mounted dot. So that gets my vote although I Dono how much that helps 

I answered it. Funny how nobody here has reading comprehension 😂😂

10 minutes ago, Zachjet said:

Actually they have: none of the above. 😉 

I answered above as an Atlas Athena.  It is same gun you have shot.  

Every Atlas shooting 9mm minor just runs from my observation.

People will say that 2011s are not reliable.  Mine has been.  Most of the issues I have seen with minor 2011s are operator induced.  Not understanding how important OAL is for a given 2011, how to keep the extractor tuned and clean.  

30 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Actually they have: none of the above. 😉 

😂😂😂

16 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

People will say that 2011s are not reliable.  Mine has been.  Most of the issues I have seen with minor 2011s are operator induced.  Not understanding how important OAL is for a given 2011, how to keep the extractor tuned and clean.  

My buddy shoots factory ammo pretty much syntech 124-130-150g. Has zero issues  he hasn’t started loading pistol ammo yet….

1 hour ago, Boomstick303 said:

+1

I've only been shooting for less than 2yrs, but have become obsessed with it. The majority of my collection are 2011s, and they've been nothing but reliable. I've had more malfunctions in plastic guns that I've since sold. My impression is that the perspective on reliability is a lingering one from years past, when they were more questionable than they are now.

Answering the question, I'd go Atlas from the list.

9 hours ago, Gunsbygiz said:

-Atlas 
-Akai
-Infinity 
-Phoenix Trinity 

Not considering anyone else at this time 

I have owned 2011s from all of them. 

Infinity>Atlas>Nope>Hell no

Just by an open gun.  At some point there will be lobbying for a new division for single-action only frame mounted optics with compensators that identify as Carry optics guns.  You will be ahead of the curve

I appreciate the comments… The worst part is I called all four of them today, hoping a few questions would help me decide… the only one that answered the phone was infinity… and unfortunately she couldn’t answer my questions, but did write them down and take my name and number.

1 hour ago, Gunsbygiz said:

Well I actually shot the prodigy today and I have to say it looks ok and feels ok… but it’s no where near atlas or even staccato/bul quality for that matter… 

Is that a fair comparison? 
the question with that gun, is it worth 1500$?

On 10/18/2022 at 4:42 AM, Gunsbygiz said:

-Atlas 
-Akai
-Infinity 
-Phoenix Trinity 

I own an Atlas Athena and Staccato P Duo so likely one of those, I use my Atlas when I shoot IDPA CO and it seems like cheating vs the other guys. I've shot friends Phoenix and Infinity and they shoot well too. one of the guys I shoot with has a pair of Atlas and a pair of Infinities and he hates the Infinities. He says he has had issues with them running and had to send them back a couple of times. He shoots the Atlases because they "just run"