Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$5k+ for 9mm 2011, who is buying them?

Firebull

Paid a fair amount more for an SVI in 9mm as a purpose built 3Gun pistol. Pistol shooting is, by a fair margin, the hardest discipline in 3Gun and I know that’s a strong opinion but I have found that to be the case over the past 6 years of shooting 3Gun. It feels like cheating and has been rock solid through some very physically demanding matches where other 2011s have failed with mechanical issues. It was 100% worth the price considering how much majors can cost these days!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a top end in 9mm for my current limited gun. For me it's because I have nerve damage in both arms and 9mm is less abuse on them. Although I've never actually used the 9mm top end... actually come to think of it, I still havent even fitted it to the gun.

On 11/8/2020 at 4:45 PM, RangerTrace said:

I had Matt build this pistol for 3gun and Limited Minor.  It's his Xframe and weighs 48 ounces.  It is a pure joy to shoot.

something just moved, down there...

i see few to none uber-expensive handguns at the 2 & 3 gun matches around here.  lotsa edges and eagles.  on top of 2/3 gun, can be used in steel challenge, falling steel matches, even idpa if the gun isn't too crazy.  and yeah, some shoot these in uspsa as practice for 3 gun.

I used to think $5k was a lot to spend on a custom Open gun.  That was until I built two myself.  I bought all first rate parts and I'm North of $4k, including about $950 worth of machining.  That does not include finishing.

2 hours ago, zzt said:

I used to think $5k was a lot to spend on a custom Open gun.  That was until I built two myself.  I bought all first rate parts and I'm North of $4k, including about $950 worth of machining.  That does not include finishing.

This. Even if you're adding the parts yourself and looking for sales, coupons, and deals, the price will add up between everything to get it exactly how you want. Might be a little less if you're looking at a Limited gun vs. Open, but the wallets starts to burn regardless.

7 hours ago, Tonyz said:

Which reddot do you prefer? Sro or Romeo xl?

I have been shooting with SRO. I do like XL and Probably going to give them a go next season.

14 hours ago, lroy said:

Ported barrel with comp? Does that run with 9 minor?

Runs Minor perfectly.

7 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

And you're still married?

Nobody said she knew about it.  I'm selling a shotgun to cover 2K of it and got an 18 month zero interest credit card for the balance.  The OT from a couple border trips will get it done easily in 18 months.  

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

Nobody said she knew about it.  I'm selling a shotgun to cover 2K of it and got an 18 month zero interest credit card for the balance.  The OT from a couple border trips will get it done easily in 18 months.  

Hahahahahaha!