Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Balakay said:

What is the longest that someone has had to wait for their Honcho? ( I'm coming up on 31 weeks)

Got me beat! I'm at week 24 as of today, but it's all good. Most of the custom builders that I contacted prior to placing my order had waits well over a year. 

11 hours ago, Bad_Karma said:

For the guys that have already received their Honchos, I am looking for a kydex holster. What size do I need to fit the 9mm and 40cal sightblocks, 5.5” like the Atlas nemesis or 6”?

You just need a 5.4". Red Hill Tactical and Weber Tactical both make them in this size and believe they both have Honcho molds as mine came out great from both companies.

Mine is arriving at my FFL today.  Was supposed to be yesterday (but UPS must be playing with it).  33 weeks.  So Balakay, yours must be around up next....

2 minutes ago, RGC said:

Mine is arriving at my FFL today.  Was supposed to be yesterday (but UPS must be playing with it).  33 weeks.  So Balakay, yours must be around up next....

Same here RGC. I just got a call from my lgs that it just got delivered! Shameless pics to follow later today! 

31 minutes ago, travail said:

You just need a 5.4". Red Hill Tactical and Weber Tactical both make them in this size and believe they both have Honcho molds as mine came out great from both companies.

Perfect! Going to order one today. If you don’t mind expanding on your post, which do you prefer? Does one have better fit and finish over the other?

25 minutes ago, RGC said:

I hope so, Thx. 

11 hours ago, Balakay said:

What is the longest that someone has had to wait for their Honcho? ( I'm coming up on 31 weeks)

Picking mine up in a hour do your call in when you get your shipping notice call in is taking 24 hrs mine arrived at ffl on tuesday shipped on Monday

Edited by jose121962
Added more text

2 hours ago, Bad_Karma said:

Perfect! Going to order one today. If you don’t mind expanding on your post, which do you prefer? Does one have better fit and finish over the other?

I prefer the Weber. Been using my Honcho exclusively in 3 Gun so wanted the hood and like their new mounting system. Will likely pick up one of their USPSA gamer holsters before winter leagues kick off. I sold off the RHT on here due to how much I like the Weber finish and mounting.

Edited by travail

After 7 months and 20 days she's finally home~  Wanted to post additional photos but unfortunatetly it doesn't allow me to do so~ She came seupt with the 9mm Single Port barrel, the other barrels consist of 9mm Major 3 Port, 9mm Sight Block and .40 caliber Sight Block barrel. From factory the trigger is superb, no further tuning is needed, I will be measuring the trigger pull weight soon and posting the results, also, she runs like she's on ball bearings ~ Very smooth, buttery smooth in fact!  No drag, nothing.  Can't wait to take her out to play~ 

Basically almost 8 months~  Worth the wait? Hmm, yeah I guess so but not to talk negatively about Phoenix Trinity, but due to COVID, coating issues, and a myriad of other things the wait time got extremely long but like the saying goes "good things come to those who wait" 😉  Overall this firearm platform is truly a beauty to admite, pictures does not do it any justice~  

Honch 1.jpeg

2 minutes ago, chgofirefighter said:

After 7 months and 20 days she's finally home~  Wanted to post additional photos but unfortunatetly it doesn't allow me to do so~ She came seupt with the 9mm Single Port barrel, the other barrels consist of 9mm Major 3 Port, 9mm Sight Block and .40 caliber Sight Block barrel. From factory the trigger is superb, no further tuning is needed, I will be measuring the trigger pull weight soon and posting the results, also, she runs like she's on ball bearings ~ Very smooth, buttery smooth in fact!  No drag, nothing.  Can't wait to take her out to play~ 

Basically almost 8 months~  Worth the wait? Hmm, yeah I guess so but not to talk negatively about Phoenix Trinity, but due to COVID, coating issues, and a myriad of other things the wait time got extremely long but like the saying goes "good things come to those who wait" 😉  Overall this firearm platform is truly a beauty to admite, pictures does not do it any justice~  

Honch 1.jpeg

Congrats! On the way to get mine now!

1 hour ago, travail said:

I prefer the Weber. Been using my Honcho exclusively in 3 Gun so wanted the hood and like their new mounting system. Will likely pick up one of their USPSA gamer holsters before winter leagues kick off. I sold off the RHT on here due to how much I like the Weber finish and mounting.

Thanks Travail, I’m definitely doing the hood as well. Saw a gun hit the ground last weekend. Glad to hear you like their mounting system, I was on the fence about that. 

19 hours ago, Balakay said:

I ordered during the thanksgivings sale and just picked it up today...so I was just under 34 weeks. I obviously haven’t shot it yet, but the fit and finish seems just as nice as my buddies Titan. So hoping it was worth the wait. 

58 minutes ago, Bad_Karma said:

I ordered during the thanksgivings sale and just picked it up today...so I was just under 34 weeks. I obviously haven’t shot it yet, but the fit and finish seems just as nice as my buddies Titan. So hoping it was worth the wait. 

Have mine as welll fit n finish is pretty good slide feels like it’s on ball bearings just as long as you Black Friday sale      mine is exactly like yours a red triggger....same set up

6 hours ago, Bad_Karma said:

Congrats! On the way to get mine now!

6 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

Honch 1.jpeg

Did you check the trigger pull   Did you get yours with a red dot sight I’m running the sig Romeo max    What thumb rest is that 

So far, so good.  Installed my red dot.  The Nitro fin was not a drop in for mine...needed a little dremel work to get it to drop in.

Planning on giving it a good run over the weekend in 9mm Major and 38SC.

IMG_2056.thumb.JPG.5547ec9750734d7a11ceecc331eb3a00.JPG

3 minutes ago, RGC said:

So far, so good.  Installed my red dot.  The Nitro fin was not a drop in for mine...needed a little dremel work to get it to drop in.

Planning on giving it a good run over the weekend in 9mm Major and 38SC.

IMG_2056.thumb.JPG.5547ec9750734d7a11ceecc331eb3a00.JPG

Look good RGC, I like the color combo. I’m still waiting on my Romeo3 MAX to come in😩 Let me know how you like it