Sig P320 X-Five Alpha

perob

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Sure looks like a X-Five to me...🤔

Yeah, that's a little dated now. He was pretty solid with the X5, but now he's shooting Limited for Atlas. So I don't really see a upgrade in the near future. 

Now, at least one of the other GFDS guys has switched to CO and shoots a legion, so he might. 

Edited by Racinready300ex

3 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

Yeah, that's a little dated now. He was pretty solid with the X5, but now he's shooting Limited for Atlas. So I don't really see a upgrade in the near future. 

Now, at least one of the other GFDS guys has switched to CO and shoots a legion, so he might. 

Fair points, my apologies

3 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

It’s heavier. This was addressed on pages 1-2 of this thread

2 ounces more puts it at 45oz vs the 43oz X5, still almost a pound short of the limit, though. Seems odd to upgrade for 2 ounces.

Edited by lroy

33 minutes ago, lroy said:

2 ounces more puts it at 45oz vs the 43oz X5, still almost a pound short of the limit, though. Seems odd to upgrade for 2 ounces.

Something makes me doubt that any of the pistol manufacturers knew the weight limit for CO or Prod would be raised by such a significant amount early enough to develop a pistol intended to fill that gap and introduce it within the same week of the rule change.

I bet a lot of manufacturers are going back to the drawing board now though to take advantage of that new raised limit

Anybody have any idea why this changed?  Unless I am missing something, it seems like a fix to a problem that didn’t exist.

When I shooting a Tanfo, I considered lightening the slide to make weight.  I am glad I didn’t, but feel for the guys with Shadow 2/Stock II who did.  Am I the only person who thinks making all of these constant changes is not good for the sport?

Edited by B585
Left something out

4 hours ago, B585 said:

Anybody have any idea why this changed?  Unless I am missing something, it seems like a fix to a problem that didn’t exist.

When I shooting a Tanfo, I considered lightening the slide to make weight.  I am glad I didn’t, but feel for the guys with Shadow 2/Stock II who did.  Am I the only person who thinks making all of these constant changes is not good for the sport?

No, you are not the only one.

I seem to recall an article some years ago in Frontsight where a poll was taken and one of the most important issues to shooters was rules stability.

Might have been when Mike Foley was first running for election?

On 2/25/2020 at 10:39 PM, Lowsc3 said:

There is none. You'd have to buy a full size 40. Cal p320 complete upper and you can just mount it on the x5 frame. It will be a slightly shorter barrel and stock slide however, no lightening cuts. 

Sig sell 40 upper (didn’t see it on their site), or are you referencing aftermarket uppers?

10 minutes ago, BelRiose said:

I don’t see a big benefit over the Legion. Pretty soon SIG is going to circle back around, “invent” the double action, and sell us rebranded 226s.

The biggest benefit would be, that you finally could buy something for the 320 in europe. It´s almost impossible to get anything for the 320 even in Germany.

A Legion grip comes 416€ with 3 month waiting time, from brownells. You get a CZ p10c for about that price.  

On 3/9/2020 at 6:43 AM, BelRiose said:

I don’t see a big benefit over the Legion. Pretty soon SIG is going to circle back around, “invent” the double action, and sell us rebranded 226s.

I want them to reinvent the P250 FCU and give us a rocking DA/SA trigger pull that takes 250/320 grip modules/barrels/etc. THAT would be an amazing play for them. Probably won't happen, but a guy can dream.

• 5 weeks later...

The Xfive Alpha will be coming at summers end to autumn. SIG told me, July, but my dealer told me yesterday they said, due to corona, it will be more towards autumn.

I have the prizes from SIG, in €

P320 X-Five Alpha 9 x19 71017914    1.689,00 €

P320 X-FIVE ALPHA GRIFFSTÜCK + ZUBEHÖR

P320 Alpha Griffmodul (GRIP MODULE) (inkl. Griffschale, Mag Halter und Jet Funnel) 71017920   579,00 €

Alpha Griffplatten BASIC (Stahl)  (Grip Steel) 71017968 + 71017969     120,00 €

Alpha Griffplatten ACTION (Stahl, m. Einlagen) (Grip - Steel with griptape) 71017838 + 71017839     130,00

Tape-Einlagen für Alpha ACTION (Griptape)  71017928 + 71017929    28,00 €

Alpha Griffplatten TARGET (Holz) (Grips Wood) 71017842 +71017843  99,00

P320 Alpha Magazin 19 Schuss 71018380       63,00 €

It´s a aluminium Grip Module, the tungsten weights are in the backstrap only, as far as i know. I find that kind of weird.

The prices are hardcore in my eyes, as always from sig germany.

Edited by bimmer1980

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was speaking with a friend about this and the appeal to him was the possibility of changing the side grip panel (like the CZ or Tanfo) in order to adjust the width and aggressiveness to his personal preference.