Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320 X-Five Alpha

perob

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought two 320 RXs a couple years ago to compete in CO. I'm really happy with them. I held off buying the X5 because I thought they'd improve it. I was going to buy the Legion last summer but I held off because I thought they might improve it. So... I think I'll hold off a while on this one because I bet they improve it in a year or so.

Edited by Soderquist

47 minutes ago, Soderquist said:

I bought two 320 RXs a couple years ago to compete in CO. I'm really happy with them. I held off buying the X5 because I thought they'd improve it. I was going to buy the Legion last summer but I held off because I thought they might improve it. So... I think I'll hold off a while on this one because I bet they improve it in a year or so.

Yea i bought the regular x-five then the legion came out so i bought the grip , and now this 🙃. I'm happy with my TXG grip and silicone carbide, but i wonder if they will sell this metal grip alone. 

1 hour ago, Lowsc3 said:

Yea i bought the regular x-five then the legion came out so i bought the grip , and now this 🙃. I'm happy with my TXG grip and silicone carbide, but i wonder if they will sell this metal grip alone. 

I remember they were selling the Legion on the concept that it flexes as a polymer gun but is heavy like steel. The best of both worlds. (Subliminal message:  better than those outdated steel guns) Now metal is better. There is so much to learn in this sport.🤔

Edited by Soderquist

45 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Aluminum, will this even be heavier then the legion? What is the benefit to justify the extra expense?

It says in the announcement that it can weigh up to 1.3kg with tungsten in the grip. Legion is slightly less. They also advertise an even better trigger at stock 3.5lbs.

Looks like it has a better beaver tail and trigger guard undercut. 

Frames should be available for purchase. 

Price seems to be somewhere between 15-18% more. Available in Europe around June. 

1 hour ago, Soderquist said:

I remember they were selling the Legion on the concept that it flexes as a polymer gun but is heavy like steel. The best of both worlds. (Subliminal message:  better than those outdated steel guns) Now metal is better. There is so much to learn in this sport.🤔

I think if were going based on weight then this cant be MUCH different in terms of recoil felt from a TXG grip, that being said this looks grippier stock then the TXG.  In additon it would allow the metal to be drilled and an frame mounted optic to be placed, throw an optic on it and a comp and your in open. I wonder if the BARSTO barrel can handle 9mm major or if any companies have this idea in mind as well. It would be cool to throw some extra parts and have a gun that do limited minor, CO and open with a swap of a frame/ slide keeping the same trigger and ergonomics throughout all three divisions. . 

2 hours ago, perob said:

It says in the announcement that it can weigh up to 1.3kg with tungsten in the grip. Legion is slightly less. They also advertise an even better trigger at stock 3.5lbs.

Looks like it has a better beaver tail and trigger guard undercut. 

Frames should be available for purchase. 

Price seems to be somewhere between 15-18% more. Available in Europe around June. 

I guess that is a something then. 2 oz of weight and a few oz of trigger pull doesn't seem like much for 15-20%. If I already had a X5 or Legion I wouldn't be rushing out to buy one.

But, Sig is pretty genius to slowly release upgraded versions of the same gun like this. Lots of people in the shooting world need to have the latest and greatest and will rush out to buy the new hotness.

2 hours ago, Lowsc3 said:

I think if were going based on weight then this cant be MUCH different in terms of recoil felt from a TXG grip, 

I can't imagine you could tell the difference in just 2 oz. The bigger difference would be how the aluminum makes the gun feel. I've never shot a aluminum framed gun, so no idea. I wouldn't mind trying the two side by side just to see what they feel like. 

I guess that is a something then. 2 oz of weight and a few oz of trigger pull doesn't seem like much for 15-20%. If I already had a X5 or Legion I wouldn't be rushing out to buy one.

But, Sig is pretty genius to slowly release upgraded versions of the same gun like this. Lots of people in the shooting world need to have the latest and greatest and will rush out to buy the new hotness.
exactly. apple and Samsung have been doing it for years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looks interesting. I would want to shoot this and see how it stacks up to the limited guns that are steel framed!  Also it looks like sig is trying to capitalize on STI getting out of the USPSA market, smart. 

I may have missed this, but why wasn’t this at shot show? Seems like this is a pretty big announcement for sig. 

15 hours ago, zhunter said:

I am gonna stick with my Legion

If it weighs more then that knocks it out of Production/SSP class. IIRC but the Legion is right on the edge of the weight if you take the magwell off.

I would also not be a fan of the the manual safety, because then I would have to use it in competition.

HOPEFULLY, that doesn't mean they quit selling the other ones. I like the SIg X 5s but man they run through pistol models pretty fast.

Edited by Zincwarrior

1 hour ago, Atlasguy321 said:

Looks interesting. I would want to shoot this and see how it stacks up to the limited guns that are steel framed!  Also it looks like sig is trying to capitalize on STI getting out of the USPSA market, smart. 

I may have missed this, but why wasn’t this at shot show? Seems like this is a pretty big announcement for sig. 

It's going to shown by SIG at the IWA trade show in March. I think it might be aimed mostly for IPSC. The CZ Shadow 2 was also unveiled at IWA first if I remember correctly. 

24 minutes ago, perob said:

It's going to shown by SIG at the IWA trade show in March. I think it might be aimed mostly for IPSC. The CZ Shadow 2 was also unveiled at IWA first if I remember correctly. 

I don’t shoot 3 gun but if I did, maybe I would give this a look. Seems like it could hang with the 2011 platforms for 3G. Wonder if it will come to the states right away so we can play with them!

15 hours ago, Shooter212 said:

Manual safety’s not cool 😬

I didn't catch that! So if the metal frame has the cut out for the safety and my current FCU doesn't have a safety will there be a missing slot or some compatibility issues if i just bought a frame? Thinking about it i wouldn't mind if there was a safety as long as i can get it extended like my TSO that way both guns will have a safety rest and a thumb rest as well. 

47 minutes ago, Lowsc3 said:

I didn't catch that! So if the metal frame has the cut out for the safety and my current FCU doesn't have a safety will there be a missing slot or some compatibility issues if i just bought a frame? Thinking about it i wouldn't mind if there was a safety as long as i can get it extended like my TSO that way both guns will have a safety rest and a thumb rest as well. 

Assuming they didn't change anything with the way the FCU works, you could just remove all the manual safety parts and have the extra notch in the frame and hole in the FCU visible