Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder measure Quick Disconnect

That’s what I have been doing  but on the 750 the Andre of the powder measure is different and if you don’t have the charge bar all the way forward it won’t clear the primer tube . I have read that some people leave powder in there powder measure all the time but I hate to do that .  

6 hours ago, Bmans45 said:

That’s what I have been doing  but on the 750 the Andre of the powder measure is different and if you don’t have the charge bar all the way forward it won’t clear the primer tube . I have read that some people leave powder in there powder measure all the time but I hate to do that .  

I only load one caliber. The measure has been empty perhaps a dozen times since 2008, just long enough to change powders. It stays full 24/7.

Aside from being a little yellow, it’s still working great.

I have a measure for each caliber so dont need it to share and Im on a 650 so the toolhead pops right off. I liked the idea of it but couldnt justify it considering all it would save me is taking the 2 toolhead pins out.

For years I’ve just pulled the 2 screws and taken the powder measure off to dump the unused powder back in the jug. 

I recently got the QD and am totally loving it! It’s not expensive and definitely is a time-saver. In fact, now even in the middle of a reloading session when I refill the powder hopper I’ll remove the hopper to refill. That way no stray powder flecks can find themselves down the primer tube.  

Definitely a good investment in my book. 

Edited by V2plus25

19 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Doesn't seem like it would hold the powder measure as securely as the original screws.

Does that affect the consistency of the powder drop?

I watched a video of it on youtube and it looked pretty secure . I ordered one and am going to try it . 

this is what I ordered.   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-Disconnect-for-Dillon-Precision-Reloading-Powder-Measure/143343838197?hash=item215ff563f5:m:mKv2LKU-gie7oGxiqjVwplA

video here

9 hours ago, Sarge said:

They are a great add on Trace.

One of the things that has been saving me time since I got the 1050 is that its inconvenient to remove the power, so I don't.  My only, slight, worry is humidity in the garage.  Now it appears I have a way of taking care of that easily......

13 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

One of the things that has been saving me time since I got the 1050 is that its inconvenient to remove the power, so I don't.  My only, slight, worry is humidity in the garage.  Now it appears I have a way of taking care of that easily......

It can't be any more humid in your garage than my exterior shed...and I've never had a problem in 10 years with leaving the powder in the hopper...sometimes from months to years.

32 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

It can't be any more humid in your garage than my exterior shed...and I've never had a problem in 10 years with leaving the powder in the hopper...sometimes from months to years.

I'll take that one :P
In my garage it is about 70% to 80% humid, last time I left powder in the hopper for 2 days the weight thrown increased.

The muzzle velocity did not change though.

I always empty the hopper and the QD makes that an easy process, removing the toolhead of the 650 is just fine until you add a bullet feeder.