Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chamber Flag Idea

I wanted to share an idea I am working on to keep the chamber flag on the PCC after Make Ready. I'm not a fan of fishing for a flag in my pocket or making the RO take the flag during a run.

It's just a QD socket with a flag attached for now. I'd like to make a flag with the QD integrated eventually. I only have basic hand tools, which limits how creative I can get. Would love to see if anyone else has tried something similar or if someone can come up with a better version. I imagine that if someone had a shop or a 3D printer that they could make an improved version pretty easily.

1.JPG

2.JPG

That’s a pretty neat idea. I solve the problem differently...I have a magnet mounted on my belt on the off side so I just stick the flag there at make ready. I have a steel key ring on the flag and it stays in place on the magnet almost 100% of the time. I did knock it off once this year during a stage run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a steel keyring on a tapco flag and a hard drive magnet on my mag pouch.   It's a good combination.  That said, I sorta like the on-gun storage idea.  For a little while I used a maxpedition gear retractor clipped to the stock, but I didn't like it rattling or getting chamber gunk on my shoulder.  

On 9/3/2019 at 11:59 PM, meeesterpaul said:

This is what I use.

However... They don't seem to CLIP on to the rail and stay put. The plastic is too stiff for that. Instead, they slide on, and for me, the only place it wouldn't slide off is if I put it all the way down on my top rail which gets my hand quite close to the muzzle putting it on, I don't want a bonehead DQ... So I still just pocket this.

19 hours ago, Startingover said:

I think this may work out ok

Either way, I needed a few new flags.

20190916_182325.jpg

Looks ideal.

I have full length rail, but did consider adding an MLOK section of rail, then the issue is its still a little loose.

Someone could make this product a lot better by using a plastic with a softer durometer that clipped on vs slide on.

But yea, you have a good setup there for it.

32 minutes ago, Bifurcate said:

Looks ideal.

I have full length rail, but did consider adding an MLOK section of rail, then the issue is its still a little loose.

Someone could make this product a lot better by using a plastic with a softer durometer that clipped on vs slide on.

But yea, you have a good setup there for it.

They could definitely stand to be a little less ridged 

2 minutes ago, Paul-the new guy said:

I hand it to the RO

As noted earlier and in other threads some RO’s don’t want to hold YOUR stuff for you. I personally think it’s pretty presumptuous for a shooter to expect an RO to do so. I was ok with it at first. Then it became,”put it in the chamber for me.” Then it became,” no, no not in the chamber, put it down through the magwell”. Screw that noise. This is why some are trying to figure out a better mousetrap.