Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
TaterHead

Should USPSA provide a printed rulebook to its members?

On 1/10/2019 at 5:56 PM, Gary Stevens said:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can simply remove one page and replace it with another . Plan "B" is make a notation directing me to the new wording. Plan "C" is to visit the print shop and spend another $11.50.

Any of the options will not give me too much angst.

At 17 I worked for the Phone Company.  They had Policy and Procedure Manuals for everything!!!!

One of my jobs was to insert updates into those manuals.

Since the phone company had a billion industrial engineers, their policy numbering system instructions were intense, e.g.,  replace page 10.1.2 with 10.1.2.1, 10.1.2.2 .........

{Little did i know, I would be a member of the International Institute for Industrial Engineering}

I don't think USPSA has figured out how to do that yet, especially if we use duplex printing of our rule book.  Are we going to update a rule and replace a page?  

The 6P Adage.

UGH

Going Green meant:

1. Buying paper and paper protectors

2. Buying a binder

3. Replacing ink

I must admit, the ONLY thing I really detest about the new rulebook is how you can't do a good, simple search for a rule using the app.

Seriously, you can't search for "10.5" in the app.  It won't take it.  Wasn't the POINT of the app to be able to do this easily?!

Sheesh.

(As others have also said, download the rules as a PDF, and use the free Adobe reader for it---you can do USEFUL searches that way.)

1 minute ago, Thomas H said:

(As others have also said, download the rules as a PDF, and use the free Adobe reader for it---you can do USEFUL searches that way.)

This is what I would do as well. I would much rather have a searchable PDF copy on my phone than a printed book. 

The point of the paper rulebook is that you can hand it off to some dummy while on the range and let him educate himself after you point out a rule. I'm not handing over my phone. 

9 minutes ago, waktasz said:

The point of the paper rulebook is that you can hand it off to some dummy while on the range and let him educate himself after you point out a rule. I'm not handing over my phone. 

Yep

I must admit, the ONLY thing I really detest about the new rulebook is how you can't do a good, simple search for a rule using the app.   Seriously, you can't search for "10.5" in the app.  It won't take it.  Wasn't the POINT of the app to be able to do this easily?!

Sheesh.

Downloaded the Adobe Acrobat reader in my phone and the pdf file from USPSA website, this works much better. Thanks for the tip. 

Now, if I could only read Chapter 9....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro