Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you use to keep hands dry while shooting

ElkChaser

37 minutes ago, mveto said:

I’m a fan of just using a rosin bag, I’ve tried pro grip and while it works very well it’s not available locally, the last time I ordered some one bottle came in and was already dried out.

I literally by nothing locally for USPSA.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

+1 on Pro Grip. But I usually split a new bottle into two. Put the other half in an empty, old Pro Grip bottle.  Then I put about 10cc of isopropyl alcohol (scented if preferred). This will minimize the whitening of your hand and the grip of your gun when Pro Grip dries up.

Edited by BASTi.GWAPo

On 8/30/2018 at 4:19 PM, mveto said:

I’m a fan of just using a rosin bag, I’ve tried pro grip and while it works very well it’s not available locally, the last time I ordered some one bottle came in and was already dried out.

You can still use it by diluting the dried Pro Grip with Isopropyl Alcohol then shake it well. It will be as good as before.

9 hours ago, BASTi.GWAPo said:

You can still use it by diluting the dried Pro Grip with Isopropyl Alcohol then shake it well. It will be as good as before.

That’s good to know, thanks for the advise.

ProGrip is the best stuff that I have found and one bottle lasts me about three months with daily dry fire and weekly live fire. My friend was making his own with blue chalk and isopropyl alcohol for a while but it didn't have the same consistency at PG. There were also a lot of smurf jokes going around. I have also thought about trying straight isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 2:21 AM, BASTi.GWAPo said:

Or water. Turns it into a more cottage cheese looking paste but you spread it around and it works the same. 

On 10/23/2018 at 3:21 AM, BASTi.GWAPo said:

Thanks for this. I have a big bottle of liquid chalk for the gym and a half bottle of progrip that have both dried out. Idk why I hadn't tried this yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
https://www.amazon.com/Tourna-Tennis-Rosin-Bottle-oz/dp/B00EM2WW12/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546183900&sr=8-3&keywords=rosin+powder

I guess I'm a little different but the pro grip is too sticky for me. I prefer this over any I've used. 
Added to my cart to try out. I don't like sticky pro grip either

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk