Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
ElkChaser

What do you use to keep hands dry while shooting

Was wondering what people use to keep the hands dry for a better grip while shooting on hit day only keeps to be an issue on my open gun with plastic grip gets a little slick but don’t want to change the gun looking for lotions or some kin’s of power or resign to maintain good grip 

Edited by ElkChaser

Pro grip for hot sweaty hands. Pole dancer grip enhancer for pouring rain.

+1 Also on Pro Grip. Borrowed some from a shooter to try and it was great. Lasted quite a while too. I was using the spray kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also use ProGrip from the bottle.  The annoying thing about it is that it leaves white stuff everywhere but I feel like every grip enhancer will do that.

12 minutes ago, vtecpaoche said:

I also use ProGrip from the bottle.  The annoying thing about it is that it leaves white stuff everywhere but I feel like every grip enhancer will do that.

Try the pole dancer stuff. No residue and super sticky. But it stays sticky for quite awhile though.

You can also go old school with stickem or even deodorants will work

Try climbing/gym chalk

You can mix it with isopropyl alcohol as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gym chalk, but Pro Grip works great and I should grab a bottle to toss in my range bag.  

Chalk tends to make a mess, but it works. 

I just got Pro Grip after it was recommended by some other shooters makes big difference 

Thanks will have to give pro grip a try or just break down and put a metal grip on my open gun 

i used dry hands for a while and it worked well but turned everything white. i have recently switched to pro grip. I don't think it keeps my hand as dry but it doesn't turn everything i touch white. 

At make ready, I wipe my hands across my pants before touching the gun to load. That and grip tape works for me, but I’m not cursed with sweaty palms. For rainy days, I use a golf towel before stepping to the line.

I’m a fan of just using a rosin bag, I’ve tried pro grip and while it works very well it’s not available locally, the last time I ordered some one bottle came in and was already dried out.