Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock shooters, do you leave the trigger stock?

midvalleyshooter

Hey Glock shooters, do you leave the trigger stock? I recently picked up another Glock and am looking for another. I think the trigger is a little heavy for a range gun which is the intended purpose of my Glocks. My Gen 4 trigger feels like an over sprung staple gun right now?

If you mod the trigger what is your set up? Why do you like it that way?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve had a variety of aftermarket Glock triggers, depending on the purpose. For an all around trigger I really like the Vogel trigger. Part of this is laziness. Because I think an individual could replicate it for FAR less money but the convenience and the fact it removes me as a variable in the trigger moding exercise is worth it. 

Not many people shooting this game leave a stock trigger in a Glock, because they basically suck.  The cheapest way to get a better trigger is the good old 25 cent trigger job.  After that the sky is the limit from just changing parts to complete aftermarket triggers.

Most people replace theirs with an aftermarket version. The triggers are okay but not as good as it can be. I have a 19x and the Trigger is better than my Gen 3 34. I am going to replace it with an aftermarket version soon. Sad thing is that there are about 10 different manufacturers of tiggers for them, just deciding on which one. Mine is going to be a backup gun and a carry gun for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/9/2018 at 9:18 AM, midvalleyshooter said:

Hey Glock shooters, do you leave the trigger stock?

Sort of. I use the drop in Overwatch Precision trigger which has a flat face. It has a  (-) connector but the innards are OTW just buffed up OEM. It gives me a slightly shorter reach than OEM and is more crisp than OEM with a (-) but the overall feel is not  dramatically different than my EDC Glock which has the flat trigger and std connector. I don't want dramatic differences between game gun and EDC.  OTOH, I don't game much since the competition scene here has been pretty much reduced to 3 gun and clay related shotgun.

My old G19 is stock. Old as in from times before anyone had heard about different Glock generations. The pull isn't especially light but it is short, reasonably clean and consistent.

I've tried some Glocks with different triggers. Many had lighter pulls - but that came with a long and sometimes draggy or mushy pull.

I run a johnny glocks trigger in my gen 4 34. Best glock trigger I've touched with a good price compared to alot of other triggers. I've played with alot and most seem mushy but not my johnny glock trigger breack crisp and clean at 2.75 pounds with no light primer stricks running cci primers. My pull is a total of 1/8th of a inch maybe a hair bit more, no over travel at all and a really fast and crisp reset. I can run all the way down to the 4 pound striker spring with no light strikes but that may varry from gun to gun. I haven't tried any thing lighter then that and don't plan on it as I like the 4.5 pound spring.

So I laid my hands on a couple different connectors. I used the same Gen 4 pistol swapping in/out the different connectors in all the tests. I have the average of ten trigger pulls below measured with my Lyman digital trigger gauge. I measured all of these at the bottom of the trigger because it is easier to get a consistent placement of the gauge there:

Stock Gen 4 - 5 lb 11 oz
TTI - 5 lb 8.5 oz
OEM 4 1/2 - 5 lb 7 oz

So the TTI connector dropped the pull weight only 2.5 oz and the OEM 4 1/2 connector only 4 oz.

Then I kept the same stock Gen 4 connector in the lower and tried 3 different stock gen 4 uppers:
G17 Gen 4 - 4 lb 15 oz
G17 MOS Gen 4 - 5 lb 9 oz
G34 MOS Gen 4 - 5 lb 11 oz ( this was used in all the above connector tests)

So using all OEM stock parts just changing the upper varied the pull weight 12 oz. So far the variation in the OEM pistols themselves have more variation than swapping out connectors. Plus even though the TTI connector is called a "3.25 lb" connector and the OEM a "4 1/2 lb" connector it does not mean you get that pull weight in every pistol.

Next up Wolff springs - "Warning not for duty use."

Gen 4 G34 & G35 - stock trigger and bar, 4 1/2 lb striker spring, reduced safety plunger spring, extra power trigger spring, Evo elite connector (takes patients and time to fit but worth it), wet sand all machine marks away and polished to a mirror finish on all contact points. Bye bye wall, more of a rolling surprise break, short reset, and always breaks under 3 lbs. Ive pulled the trigger on alot of other peoples overpriced aftermarket trigger setups and (in my opinion) was dissapointed in all of them.

9 hours ago, perttime said:

^ You got different weights. What else changed?

I did not find any of the combos good enough for me to consider them very shootable. They all stack up too heavy and release with a sproing that cause the dot or front sight to move unless I take a death drip like I'm trying to choke out the pistol. This hard of a grip creates too much tension for me to shoot very well.

All that said I like the feel of the OEM 4 1/2 pound connector the best while the TTI is close to it. I suspect with lighter springs and some polishing either of these will get to a workable level. First I will do the springs when they come in. Then the polishing including a radius on the safety plunger.

Edited by midvalleyshooter

6 hours ago, T-Free said:

Gen 4 G34 & G35 - stock trigger and bar, 4 1/2 lb striker spring, reduced safety plunger spring, extra power trigger spring, Evo elite connector (takes patients and time to fit but worth it), wet sand all machine marks away and polished to a mirror finish on all contact points. Bye bye wall, more of a rolling surprise break, short reset, and always breaks under 3 lbs. Ive pulled the trigger on alot of other peoples overpriced aftermarket trigger setups and (in my opinion) was dissapointed in all of them.

Could you describe the "wet sand" a little? What grits of sand paper did you use? Is the "wet" part oil? Thanks in advance.

I have a gen 4 G17 with a Lone Wolf UAT trigger with a reduced striker spring, Zev connector, and a heavier trigger spring. It has a nice rolling break without that crisp wall. It's definitely light for a Glock, though I don't have the tools to measure it. No problems with light strikes using a variety of factory ammo. I like it, though the internet has me lusting over a Johnny Glock...

Midvalleyshooter, 

I use a 1,000 or 2,000 grit depending on depth of machine marks or how much material I need to remove. I just use whatever oil is closest, gun oil, moter oil, ect... then I finish it off with 6,000 grit and polish.

For my competition Glocks I always put in an aftermarket trigger.  For my carry Glocks I polish the stock trigger and change the trigger spring and connector.  I smooths the trigger pull a little.  Much better than the stock.