Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

3 minutes ago, Judo said:

I asked about the $1500 credit regarding trade-in for the Revolution when placing the order.  They aren’t doing that anymore even though it’s still on their website.  

I'd call and ask to talk to Jay (owner of the company). They put the promotion up only a week ago and it is all over their web site. I have a feeling the sales guy might be misinformed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/27/2018 at 11:31 PM, ddc said:

I'm curious about something... when you guys talk about "processing" vs. "reloading" are you referring to doing a separate step to decap, size, and whatever other (swage?) operations before you do the powder,seat,crimp operations?

Currently running a 650 and the only "processing" I'm doing is cleaning and sorting for headstamp.

Very curious about how the high volume guys are doing it with the upscale equipment as I hope to get there someday, lol... thanks.

Just curious, but what are you sorting your brass by headstamp?

1 minute ago, tanks said:

I'd call and ask to talk to Jay (owner of the company). They put the promotion up only a week ago and it is all over their web site. I have a feeling the sales guy might be misinformed.

That info was straight from the owner.  They are going to take down the credit info at some point, I’d assume.  

22 minutes ago, Judo said:

Never get rid of the 650.  It’s the old standby and a good backup to the automated presses.  At least you can limp along until the auto press arrives.  

Judo....too late. I would have hung onto it but we just moved from a 2'700 sq/ft home with an additional 1'000 sq/ft of storage into a 1'200 sq/ft 2nd floor apartment. Its an interim downsizing move. I simply refuse to pay for storage as it only encourages hanging onto stuff.....in the hope that one day you will need it. I was amazed at what people bought at the two yard sales we had! Anyhow, as you can imagine space in the apartment is a premium, so out with the old and (yes) I will make space for the new. For all the short comings of the 650 I sure hope that Mark 7 corrected them all, and from reading here and elsewhere it sounds like they have. Besides, I'm a plinker reloaded compared to others on this thread so I'm certain the Evolution will meet and exceed my needs....even pulling the handle.

22 minutes ago, Judo said:

Just curious, but what are you sorting your brass by headstamp?

Do you mean "why" am I sorting my brass or "what" am I using to sort my brass?

Assuming it is "why"... well because not all brass is created equal.

There are some problematic headstamps out there.

Ammoload, FM, and some others have an interior step that nobody likes.

CBC is thicker and stiffer, requires fiddling with your dies.

etc. etc.

31 minutes ago, ddc said:

Do you mean "why" am I sorting my brass or "what" am I using to sort my brass?

Assuming it is "why"... well because not all brass is created equal.

There are some problematic headstamps out there.

Ammoload, FM, and some others have an interior step that nobody likes.

CBC is thicker and stiffer, requires fiddling with your dies.

etc. etc.

I meant to say why, LOL ? Thanks for the info.  

22 hours ago, Judo said:

I asked about the $1500 credit regarding trade-in for the Revolution when placing the order.  They aren’t doing that anymore even though it’s still on their website.  

Good Morning,

Just reaching out to correct some mis-information about this trade-in program we are offering here at Mark 7. We are indeed accepting a complete working 1050 press for evaluation of up to $1500 credit towards a Revolution order and this comes directly from Jay this morning over coffee and bullets.

-Mark 7 Reloading Team

Seems like it would work as the depth of the plunger is adjustable and the alarm is battery operated.  

Yes, but the rod that hits the bottom of the machine, that activates the sensor. It looks like its to close to the die itself. Since the toolhead on the Evo is wider, it might not pass the outside?!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Mark7 said:

Good Morning,

Just reaching out to correct some mis-information about this trade-in program we are offering here at Mark 7. We are indeed accepting a complete working 1050 press for evaluation of up to $1500 credit towards a Revolution order and this comes directly from Jay this morning over coffee and bullets.

-Mark 7 Reloading Team

Thank you for the clarification regarding the 1050 trade in program.  

Edited by Judo
Mistake.

On 4/25/2018 at 6:32 AM, dfox said:
I got this message from Mark 7 yesterday.

Got a message that you rang and wanted and update on your Evolution Machine. Currently we are gathering all the parts needed to produce the Evolution Machines in house. We are almost ready to start rolling some off of the line here in our Ft. Myers shop. You are #9 on the list and will be one of the first machines produced by us! I do not have a definitive date as to when we will actually start your machine but I will be in touch when we do so that you have a heads up on it. Roughly late May early June would be where I would estimate your Evolution to be ready. Keep in mind that this is a brand new product and the set up and production just takes a little longer to perfect.

I hope you are well and I know you will be super happy with your new Mark 7 Evolution.

Just got shipping confirmation that my evo pro has shipped and I should have it Aug 14th ordered it from mark 7 on  Jan 29th.  Looking forward to getting started loading with it. Will keep everyone updated.

Nice. This gives me some hope that I will see mine soon. Was told last week I should see it at the end of the month or first of next month.

3 hours ago, dfox said:

Just got shipping confirmation that my evo pro has shipped and I should have it Aug 14th ordered it from mark 7 on  Jan 29th.  Looking forward to getting started loading with it. Will keep everyone updated.

Hopefully they start flying out the door now.

1 hour ago, cool said:

I also use a Mighty Armory decapping pins on Dillon 1050 and soon on EVO?
Best market decapping in my opinion

I traded my 650 and I'm also waiting on an Evo. I can't wait to install my newly bought Mighty Armory decapping die with decapping pins. By the way, I had a call from Wayne (of Mighty Armory) the other day and had a great conversation about my needs, his products and reloading in general. He's a stand up guy with a stand up product.  

Buddy of mine just upgraded to the Revolution due to lack of shipping time frame on his Evolution order which was done back in February. Steep upgrade, but he is getting his press on Monday..

On 8/9/2018 at 1:24 AM, Judo said:

Did you get yours direct from Australia or did you buy from a dealer in the US?

My buddy got his from Australia, not sure where mine will come from when I order it. 

Anyone know if the Dillon XL650 machine cover will fit over an Evolution? Whenever I get mine I will be setting it up temporarily in a not completely private location.....I share a space so I want to cover it up. Thanks

20 minutes ago, quiller said:

Anyone know if the Dillon XL650 machine cover will fit over an Evolution? Whenever I get mine I will be setting it up temporarily in a not completely private location.....I share a space so I want to cover it up. Thanks

NM....however, you can chime in if you like.

I finally found the Mk7 link for their cover. It's buried in with the actual press and not in accessories...unless I missed it. Video says its 20" wide by 19" deep by (over) 37" tall. I found a link on that states the Dillon one at 16" wide by 14" deep....no length. So, I'm guessing it will not work. $150 for the Mk7 is a bit steep compared to $60 for a Dillon one new or $30 on flee bay and it can be locked.

7 hours ago, tanks said:

This is what I am running on the 10 Station case head.

1) Case feed.

2) Mighty Armory decapping die.

3) Mighty Armory swage back up die

4) Redding sizing die with decapper removed (primer insertion)

5) Redding expander die

6) Powder drop

7) Powder check

8 ) Mr. Bulletfeeder drop

9) Redding Competition bullet seeater

10) Lee Sizing/Crimp Die

Now, one can also put the sizing die at station 3 and station 4 empty. I know guys that are doing that, and also some guys are putting the regular sizing die at Station 3 and Lee/EGW Undersize die at station 4.

Thanks for the info. Now all I need is my press to show up!