Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone seen one of these in the wild yet? Is this just a pre-production photo or what because that case feeder and powder measure looks very familiar from my current press. dont get me wrong I want one but still trying to make a decision.

image.thumb.png.75d16f5d157cdae65ddfe3dbc3385cae.png

They are going to start shipping to individuals next month.  If you already have a working 1050 i see no reason to just buy one.  If you were in the market for a new press or wanted to automate but not ready to spend 10k then the evolution is what I would do.  

Right now I have a Hornady and except for the red paint that powder measure looks like a match the case feeder looks familiar too. I want the evolution because if I automate I want to be able to have the powder check and a seat and separate crimp.

The one pass rifle is very tempting too.

I'm pretty sure they are using a hornaday measure. Not sure about the case feeder. They will have an electronic measure available later this year.  Having a separate seat and crimp is very nice. You can also have a separate expander. I run an expander die now instead of the swage backup. 

The case feeder will be Hornady until the in house case feeder is finished.  The Powder measure may look like a Hornady and is similar in design, it is significantly different.  Especially the programmable version

I would not use Hornady powder measure without powder check in any system. Yes I have LNL AP and have loaded more than 50K with it. 

On 3/21/2018 at 2:54 PM, CrashDodson said:

I would buy one just to get a primer collater.  

THIS is why I will eventually dump my 1050 w/the Mark VII Pro and go to the Evolution...hopefully I'll be able to just swap out the presses, but even if I have to buy an entire setup, the primer collator is the icing on the cake of 10 stations.

Isn't the primer collater a 1,000 extra?

That is my understanding. I'm gonna wait on that until I automate.

Ive done it now I have placed an order for the evolution in 9mm and 223.

I've been thinking about a 1050 for a while but this looks very enticing although I'd like to wait and see reviews on it. 

I wonder what Dillon will do in response to a strong competitor.

I'm hoping that Mark 7 will have one at Area 6 Championship next week, so I can make a decision easier.

I have been thinking about an Evolution Pro, but want to wait for they are seen in the wild in end users hands. Don't want to spend $6K up front on something that I will not get for 6+ months due to bugs being taken care of. The schedule already slipped a Quarter as they were supposed to start shipping end of Q1. Now, it is supposed to be Q2. When those that have placed orders start receiving them will be the time to place orders IMHO.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:10 PM, tanks said:

I have been thinking about an Evolution Pro, but want to wait for they are seen in the wild in end users hands. Don't want to spend $6K up front on something that I will not get for 6+ months due to bugs being taken care of. The schedule already slipped a Quarter as they were supposed to start shipping end of Q1. Now, it is supposed to be Q2. When those that have placed orders start receiving them will be the time to place orders IMHO.

You should get your order in. Mark 7 has a lot of orders for every press.. you also should set up a training date. 

Wayne

1 hour ago, WaynePatrick said:

You should get your order in. Mark 7 has a lot of orders for every press.. you also should set up a training date. 

Wayne

Training date?

Between the powder and bullet should be powder check. My order is in but no training for me too far away.

13 hours ago, WaynePatrick said:

That’s a Mighty Armory Decapping Die in station one. 5 is a powder drop.

This is the first I've heard about Mighty Armory dies.  What's the advantage to using their die?  And I'm assuming since they don't have caliber choices that it isn't a sizing/decapping die but rather just a decapping one.

My Lee one works pretty well but I'm always on the lookout for a better option.

Going to wait a year or so for the backlog of orders to drop off on the Revolution before switching over from the 1050.  Huge fan of the press and the icing on the cake is definitely the primer collator.  No more filling primer tubes!!

15 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

Training date?

Mark 7 offers training for their drive systems. Give them a call.

if you’re buying a new Rev you may want to attend a class. 

On 4/15/2018 at 4:20 PM, WaynePatrick said:

Wayne

Might have bunch of orders, but I want to see them start shipping before I plunk down $6K+. If they charged when they shipped then I'd place an order now.