Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution

23 hours ago, Norm37 said:

Being as you have both powder measures  are they the same?   I had heard on another site that the mark 7 and the LNL where the same powder measure..

If so the LNL metering might fit the Mark 7  Powder measure?   This might fit and not come loosen or change the setting. 

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/615914/hornady-lock-n-load-powder-measure-micrometer-for-handgun-rotor-and-metering-assembly

Another thought is to buy a few of these that are for the Mark 7 Powder measure (or hopefully LNL fit) and red lock tight them after setting the amount of powder for your load.  A different one for each caliber and load.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/631849/hornady-lock-n-load-powder-measure-handgun-metering-assembly

I just joined the Forum today as I am thinking about upgrading my LNL to a 7 stage Press and came across the Evolution which is even better.

I would not hesitate to switch from Lnl to an Evolution Pro the mark 7 is awesome.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Norm37 said:

I was hoping I would be able to use my RCBS Lockout die.  Do you think that would work? 

I will probably never automate the press???

The rcbs lock-out die will work if it is manually operated.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:49 PM, rougeqc21 said:

@dfox the charge also changes on mine after I load even 100 rounds and it is due to the knob loosening despite my really cranking down on it. Thinking about using VC-3 vibratite... Perfect application for it I'd have to imagine. Silly that this was not baked out though and I already had my powder measure replaced once by Mk7.

The Hornady LNL powder measure metering assembly.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/631849/hornady-lock-n-load-powder-measure-handgun-metering-assembly?utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=connexity&utm_campaign=Reloading+-+Metallic+Reloading+Equipment+(Not+Presses)&utm_content=631849

See the O ring in front of the knob? 

Maybe you can try an O ring before the knob on your powder measure.  I think the O ring would help hold the knob in place and keep it from loosening do to vibration better than metal on metal.

Edited by Norm37

1 hour ago, Norm37 said:

See the O ring in front of the knob? 

Maybe you can try an O ring before the knob on your powder measure.  I think the O ring would help hold the knob in place and keep it from loosening do to vibration better than metal on metal.

That is a good idea. In combination with vibratite, I imagine that is a surefire solution to it backing out.

Everyone,

I have been engrossed by discussions on the Evolution/Pro. After several months of thinking about it, and bribing the wife (New Kitchen Stove & refrigerator) I pulled the trigger and ordered an Evolution Pro. Please those of you who own them keep posting, this is how we help this community. I am not sure when it will be ready, but I am hoping around the end of November when I retire. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone

Ed

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, quiller said:

Got an update from DAA today on my Evo press order. I finally made it to #1 spot so a few more weeks and I should have it. Doing the happy dance!

Please post when you get your machine.  I also ordered one from DAA.  My order date is 11 June 18 And I was told recently that I am number 4 on the list behind you, a 7 June and a 10 June order.  Hopefully soon.  I'm running a little low on stockpiled ammo for practice and matches.   

37 minutes ago, Cragsman said:

Everyone,

I have been engrossed by discussions on the Evolution/Pro. After several months of thinking about it, and bribing the wife (New Kitchen Stove & refrigerator) I pulled the trigger and ordered an Evolution Pro. Please those of you who own them keep posting, this is how we help this community. I am not sure when it will be ready, but I am hoping around the end of November when I retire. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone

Ed

Ed,  Im not sure how the current backorders get processed...but for reference I ordered direct from M7 in mid March and I am still waiting on mine.  There were likely a lot of orders early on so hopefully you will not have to wait as long.  

45 minutes ago, Cragsman said:

Everyone,

Ed

I just called Mark 7  and they said if I order the Evolution Pro I will get it in about 45 days. 

I really want the hand operated Evolution.  I won't be able to order it until sometime in October at the earliest.  More likely November.  Decisions decision ??

I Ordered direct mid July, was told end of August mid September.  Don’t believe the 45days.  No regrets for me, but I will be surprised to get it this year.  I understand they demand is through the roof and it is what it is.

Edited by andrewtac

6 hours ago, Ocrrhbow said:

Please post when you get your machine.  I also ordered one from DAA.  My order date is 11 June 18 And I was told recently that I am number 4 on the list behind you, a 7 June and a 10 June order.  Hopefully soon.  I'm running a little low on stockpiled ammo for practice and matches.   

Yup, I be sure to keep this forum post updated.

34 minutes ago, quiller said:

3 days! I'm waiting 3 months from DAA! You are lucky............

hmmmm... perhaps there was a batch of machines pre-destined for Europe and he just happened to be one of the first to order on that side of the pond?

or perhaps another resonable explanation cuz otherwise there is a serious wait time discrepancy!

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:39 AM, Ocrrhbow said:

Please let me know when you get yours.  I am number 8 on the list.

I have an Evolution in .223.

One thing is not clear to me. Did you guys in the US order through DAA in Netherlands?

BTW, I hope everybody will receive their press soon!! My post was in no way intended to p*ss anybody off.

Edited by RGA

2 hours ago, RGA said:

One thing is not clear to me. Did you guys in the US order through DAA in Netherlands?

Orefield, Pennsylvania, USA.  I am number 8 on their list, so mine will take awhile to get it.

I will be a happy camper when quiller  and Ocrrhbow get theirs  That means I'm  moving up on the list.

Edited by Norm37

4 hours ago, RGA said:

I have an Evolution in .223.

BTW, I hope everybody will receive their press soon!! My post was in no way intended to p*ss anybody off.

I ordered mine via DDA’s web site, however everything stateside ships out of PA. 

I’m not peed off just wondering whats going on. Enjoy your new toy and report back here on you set up and progress.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, Mark7 said:

Good Morning,

Just wanted to clear some air here that mark 7 uses its own design and that it is not a Hornady powder measure.

Also could you recommend to us where you heard this so we can correct this there as well please sir? 

Thank you,

Mark 7 Team

Hi Mark 7 Team

I found some more post on the powder measure.

Posted June 28 page 8

"I am not to sure about that.. If you look at the Evolution PRO picture on their website, if you zoom in on the Powder Measure, it has a sticker on it ; Manufactured by HORNADY"

Posted July 1 page 8

Old pic, the powder measure they are shipping is their own design.

Mark 7 Team why didn't you just say.  We now use a powder measure that is of our own design?

If it is true that you previously used a Hornady powder measure, then you don't need to correct any powder measure posts.

Edited by Norm37

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:17 AM, Thetimb said:

Based on what I was told some of the older auto drives have a different tooth count and need to be upgraded for the evolution.

The newer models have the same tooth count but the sprocket looks different. When I talked to Mark7 yesterday they explained that one would work and I did not need to replace.

For anyone else who might need to replace the sprocket, you might need to use a heat gun to get the socket off. 

If the heat gun does not work you might need to use pully puller.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/4PCS-3-Inch-4-Inch-6-Inch-8-Inch-Gear-Pullers-3-Jaw-Gear-Removal-Tools-Set-Gear-Pulley-Bearing-Pullers-Auto-Mechanic/866387824?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227238459789&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=283953081118&wl4=pla-504571158404&wl5=9033604&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=866387824&wl13=&veh=sem

You just need to cover the hole with a piece  of metal.