Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom ULW 9 mm barrel.....

8 hours ago, TRUBL said:

It can be normal stroke or short stroked......both stops will be included. But the main thing is that it is a delayed blowback system.....keeps the bolt closed for just a little longer, allowing for a lighter recoil system, flat wire carbine spring. The bolt comes back at the same speed once it gets going.......but due to less mass, you will have less felt recoil and less dot bounce. Basically it's a lot smoother feeling too.

We also have a stop for the new super short stroke bolt that we will be coming out with in the near future as well.

Sounds like a winner.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is something I found out totally by mistake and never thought it would have mattered on a 16" barrel.......I was shooting my 45ACP PCC with the new recoil system and the gun was shooting stupid flat, only I noticed that at 30yds, the ULW barrel was clocking about 6" to the right.....nothing bad, just a nuisance. Sooooooo, I come back to the shop and well,, nothing to loose; I drill a few 3/8" holes in the right side of the shroud. Went back to the range later, shot again......and what was clocking about 6" was now clocking about 2". I was like, no way.....there is like no pressure in that 1" tube how is that possible!! Being the tinkerer I am, I figured what the hell, lets see what happens if I port a 9mm ULW barrel out on the end.......sure enough, the rise was less. made a command decision and am now offering a silver ULW with the porting.......I was just amazed!! The only thing I can think is that with the barrel being as light as it is, the porting becomes an effective muzzle brake. weird eh?

987035561_portingULW.jpg.9657587824a28ef22ec1c8c021d90681.jpg

I was just amazed!! The only thing I can think is that with the barrel being as light as it is, the porting becomes an effective muzzle brake. weird eh?

That is simply awesome! Do you think you might consider offering the porting service as an upgrade to those of us loyal TACCOM types that have been shooting the UWL for a while? I love my mine, and it runs. I can’t justify getting a whole new barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14 minutes ago, Derrick-508 said:

That is simply awesome! Do you think you might consider offering the porting service as an upgrade to those of us loyal TACCOM types that have been shooting the UWL for a while? I love my mine, and it runs. I can’t justify getting a whole new barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me in if that service is offered... on my 9mm ULW 5.25 Taccom Assembly...

I can see us doing that service in the future.....not right now, we are still cutting our teeth on this new mill.....and it may even get better as I am getting a rotary/index table. AND THEN....we will be able to do some exotic stuff if we choose to.

• 6 months later...

We have run this combo for 3 years. Taccom complete ULW upper/barrel/ carbon fiber HG assembly, Gibbz lower, CMC PCC trigger, Taccom Extrem BCG/less weight & Taccom 3-stage buffer. Runs like a champ, my granddaughter now shoots it. Probably has 15K on it. 115gr plated Everglades, 3.7grs Titegroup, 1.12 OAL. 

gerritm

Any plans or anything out there as far as shrouds to bring MPX’s up to 16” with weirdo 13.5x1LH..? Seems like there’s a few out there, but info on getting one is sketchy...

I’ve got a buddy looking to bring a 10” Gen 2 MPX “pistol” up to spec for USPSA PCC, and I might want one to build a backup off a Gen 2 pistol, or even cut down my “3rd Gen” PCC model if I like it better...

On 5/10/2019 at 8:03 PM, TRUBL said:

Here is something I found out totally by mistake and never thought it would have mattered on a 16" barrel.......I was shooting my 45ACP PCC with the new recoil system and the gun was shooting stupid flat, only I noticed that at 30yds, the ULW barrel was clocking about 6" to the right.....nothing bad, just a nuisance. Sooooooo, I come back to the shop and well,, nothing to loose; I drill a few 3/8" holes in the right side of the shroud. Went back to the range later, shot again......and what was clocking about 6" was now clocking about 2". I was like, no way.....there is like no pressure in that 1" tube how is that possible!! Being the tinkerer I am, I figured what the hell, lets see what happens if I port a 9mm ULW barrel out on the end.......sure enough, the rise was less. made a command decision and am now offering a silver ULW with the porting.......I was just amazed!! The only thing I can think is that with the barrel being as light as it is, the porting becomes an effective muzzle brake. weird eh?

987035561_portingULW.jpg.9657587824a28ef22ec1c8c021d90681.jpg

Meaning this will function properly with your 5.25” barrel?

On 11/21/2019 at 9:36 PM, BoyGlock said:

Meaning this will function properly with your 5.25” barrel?

It seems to help.......and I can not say as to why......there is no where's near enough pressure in that area. Maybe a placebo? Don't care.....I think it works, feels better, so it must (probably 90% of the confidence factor), right?

Here are my two Steel challenge guns. One is a 9mm, the other is a .22. Externally identical except for grip (another 15D grip on order) and 9mm mag adapter.

.22 weighs 4# 8 oz, 9mm weighs 5# 6oz.

IMG_2724.jpg

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I'm running the foam handguard over the Taccom 14.5" barrel + comp.  Had tried the G10 handguard but found it too slippery, but I like the foam one.  Very light and easy to grip.

Ah, interesting observation in the slipperiness of the g10. Good to know that. And that the foam works.