Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom ULW 9 mm barrel.....

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just got my TACCOM Upper with ULW barrel. It feels amazing so far. It was a lot lighter then I was expecting. Transitions feel more smooth. Can’t wait to see it. 

Edited by Derdang
  • 1 month later...
On 5/10/2019 at 7:03 AM, TRUBL said:

Here is something I found out totally by mistake and never thought it would have mattered on a 16" barrel.......I was shooting my 45ACP PCC with the new recoil system and the gun was shooting stupid flat, only I noticed that at 30yds, the ULW barrel was clocking about 6" to the right.....nothing bad, just a nuisance. Sooooooo, I come back to the shop and well,, nothing to loose; I drill a few 3/8" holes in the right side of the shroud. Went back to the range later, shot again......and what was clocking about 6" was now clocking about 2". I was like, no way.....there is like no pressure in that 1" tube how is that possible!! Being the tinkerer I am, I figured what the hell, lets see what happens if I port a 9mm ULW barrel out on the end.......sure enough, the rise was less. made a command decision and am now offering a silver ULW with the porting.......I was just amazed!! The only thing I can think is that with the barrel being as light as it is, the porting becomes an effective muzzle brake. weird eh?

987035561_portingULW.jpg.9657587824a28ef22ec1c8c021d90681.jpg

Have you been able to run this anymore? Is it still as effective as you originally thought, or just an initial placebo effect?

We actually stopped doing that on this version of the UWL, as I just didn't like the way the cuts were coming out. HOWEVER, we are coming out with a next gen UWL that is going to be absolutely drop dead sexy

We actually stopped doing that on this version of the UWL, as I just didn't like the way the cuts were coming out. HOWEVER, we are coming out with a next gen UWL that is going to be absolutely drop dead sexy

Yeah I saw it and am patiently waiting. So how much longer do I have to be patient? I’ve got four ULWs that just became a lot less sexy after you posted photos of the new hotness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well .. with this "stay at home order" i got bored and built a "back up for my back up PCC".... picture below.. did get to shoot it a little last thursday.... .. this will be my Steel Challenge PCC...  got a case of 100gr HP bullets .. now have to develop a nice soft accurate load ...   quest continues...

new Taccom Spikes PCC.jpg

My Steel Challenge purposed PCCO Taccom  ULW barrel Short stroke bolt and buffer system.... shooting 100 grain Berrys 2.9 of Bullseye ( power factor around 94 ) nice light and flat shooting... Tim does nice things :)

IMG_1895.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1898.JPG

Edited by xpierrat
12 hours ago, jrdoran said:

@xpierrat  Awesome Job !   Question:  what is the second grip mounted on left of receiver ?   I can't imagine this is for steel challenge ? 

I believe that is just an extended charging handle on a Gibbz side charger.