WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got 3 more pounds of clays yesterday here in montana LGS. That makes 6 picked up in 3 weeks and that's just because of my schedule. Didn't need anything from town so I didn't go for a week. All new stock. I just keep checking every time I go and they seem to have a little bit of something.

Edited by ipscjoe

I had everything I needed to start reloading, except VV N320 ... then today, one of my shooting buddies delivered this! Your the best Vito!

VV%20N320_zps7r3x6vui.jpg

Edited by zzw26n

GREAT interview with Mr. Hodgdon on Gun Talk Radio

Interview starts at 23:00 mark

http://traffic.libsyn.com/guntalk/030815guntalkC.mp3

Thanks for the link. I listened to this podcast, the tone is a bit better than Chris Hodgdon's interview last July on the Power Factor Show.

Now, assuming that as Mr. Hodgdon states powder begins to fee up in a big way by the end of the year, it will still mean that the lates powder shortage lasted 3 years. That's a long time for a component used by those who are really dedicated their firearms (as opposed to the casual user).

I want to bring out one point made by Mr. Hodgdon, this is the commercial users are hogging all the powder. While some of us have been saying this, the industry leaders have not. This is the first time I've heard the industry admit that the shortage is due to commercial accounts having priority over canister users.

GREAT interview with Mr. Hodgdon on Gun Talk Radio

Interview starts at 23:00 mark

http://traffic.libsyn.com/guntalk/030815guntalkC.mp3

Thanks for the link. I listened to this podcast, the tone is a bit better than Chris Hodgdon's interview last July on the Power Factor Show.

Now, assuming that as Mr. Hodgdon states powder begins to fee up in a big way by the end of the year, it will still mean that the lates powder shortage lasted 3 years. That's a long time for a component used by those who are really dedicated their firearms (as opposed to the casual user).

I want to bring out one point made by Mr. Hodgdon, this is the commercial users are hogging all the powder. While some of us have been saying this, the industry leaders have not. This is the first time I've heard the industry admit that the shortage is due to commercial accounts having priority over canister users.

I think that after the first year that was pretty apparent. We reloaders can stock up 2 or 3 years, but that is only a "scratch in the paint" so to speak of the entire powder market. The vast majority of gun owners don't reload. I'm kinda with you though, it would be nice to get feedback from the industry and it might keep the conspiracy aspect tamped down some.