WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I paid under $30 per pound to my door for 8# of N320 from PV. That was about 4 months ago.

While I don't expect prices to be what they were prior to the panic, I was paying $16 for Clays at Alpine. If it stays at about $20 per pound, great. If they think I'll pay above $25, I'll continue to buy online.

Businesses have the right to excersise their use of capitalism. I have the right to spend my hard earned dollar where it goes the farthest. While I would prefer to support my LGS, I can't do so at the cost of my hobby.

I don't get up to Alpine very often and it's a 200 mile round trip, the hardware store there doesn't usually have what I need. When they do, it's very pricey. I am totally relying on mail order at this point.

It does that with my Ipad. Pic is the right way for viewing but when posted they are upside down.

On the powder front, things seem to be loosening up locally in Central Illinois. Just this past week I've picked up 16lbs of pistol powders. Haven't paid more than $22 per pound. WST, Bullseye, CFE Pistol, AA#7 & AA#9. I really need AA#5 and Ramshot Competition.

Businesses have the right to excersise their use of capitalism. I have the right to spend my hard earned dollar where it goes the farthest. While I would prefer to support my LGS, I can't do so at the cost of my hobby.

Capitalism absolutely has a way of fixing demand... aka hoarding.

How much powder would be available at $80/lb? Only those that are truly desperate would buy it, and in short time supply would begin to increase and price would drop.

It does that with my Ipad. Pic is the right way for viewing but when posted they are upside down.

On the powder front, things seem to be loosening up locally in Central Illinois. Just this past week I've picked up 16lbs of pistol powders. Haven't paid more than $22 per pound. WST, Bullseye, CFE Pistol, AA#7 & AA#9. I really need AA#5 and Ramshot Competition.

Midway USA has Ramshot Competition but it is expensive.

Also looking for AA#5. Haven't seen anything anywhere or heard from anyone who has....

Young man, the answer to life's most profound questions are to be found in the Bible. Sorry to say but the mystery is locked until the end of this present age.

I quote to you from Luke chapter 21 and verse 28 which reads "But when these things, Accurate #5 are found for sale in the market and on your LGS shelf, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

In the mean time, I give you words to live by, to get you through this storm "As for me and my house, My rod and my reel, they comfort me." That is, as soon as the ice melts in northern climates. <><