WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno where 'all' the powder is, but I'm with RDA - it's out there with a bit of looking, even if not 'one stop, everything you want.'

Just picked up 18# - 8# 8208XBR, 5# R15, and 2# R17, 2# IMR 4166, and 1# VV N140 to try out.

I'm fine on pistol powders for some time to come, but TG, Win231/HP38 have been popping up lately.

Fortunate enough to find 8 lbs of Unique at Green Top, near Richmond, VA, on Friday, 6 March. They also had a little Bullseye and a little Power Pistol. Nothing on their shelves today, Monday, 9 March. That's the first time in a long time I've found Unique, so I think things may be starting to look up. At least it tells me some Alliant powders hit the distributor last week...

I agree with the idea that you have to keep looking at the local shops and if you have a gun show, get there early on day one. Powder can be found, with persistence and some luck -- although my "notifications" at half a dozen big internet vendors haven't generated a single notice for HP38, W-231, Unique, or AA#5 in the past six months.

Edited by RoverSig

Powder Valley just received a "decent" shipment of Vihtavuori. They will be updating the website in an hour or two..

If you're looking for VV N320 (or any other Vihtavuori powders) be at your computer a 11am CDT (or earlier).

post-47075-0-44601500-1426082394_thumb.j

Edited by razorfish

Just got some...thanks.

Looks like the four pounders lasted all of seven minutes but they still have one pound bottles.

In the past I've noticed that powders that sell out quickly become available sporadically for a day or two after it initially sells out. I guess Powder Valley keeps some in reserve to keep from "over-booking" the initial rush.

Just got some...thanks.

Looks like the four pounders lasted all of seven minutes but they still have one pound bottles.

In the past I've noticed that powders that sell out quickly become available sporadically for a day or two after it initially sells out. I guess Powder Valley keeps some in reserve to keep from "over-booking" the initial rush.

I had 8 pounds of it today right up to the point when they called me and said they sold more than they had...

Just got some...thanks.

I had 8 pounds of it today right up to the point when they called me and said they sold more than they had...

Someone local is getting out of reloading seemingly...don't 'need' it, but couldn't pass up on 6# of Win 231 for $15/lb, and a second tumbler for $20 so I can leave one set up for initial brass cleaning, and the other only for lube removal from rifle rounds.