Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

It does that with my Ipad. Pic is the right way for viewing but when posted they are upside down.

On the powder front, things seem to be loosening up locally in Central Illinois. Just this past week I've picked up 16lbs of pistol powders. Haven't paid more than $22 per pound. WST, Bullseye, CFE Pistol, AA#7 & AA#9. I really need AA#5 and Ramshot Competition.

Midway USA has Ramshot Competition but it is expensive.

Is that considered expensive? I always look to Powder valley to check for reasonable prices and midwayusa's 8lbers are only $5 more. .....And they're in stock.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It does that with my Ipad. Pic is the right way for viewing but when posted they are upside down.

On the powder front, things seem to be loosening up locally in Central Illinois. Just this past week I've picked up 16lbs of pistol powders. Haven't paid more than $22 per pound. WST, Bullseye, CFE Pistol, AA#7 & AA#9. I really need AA#5 and Ramshot Competition.

Midway USA has Ramshot Competition but it is expensive.

Is that considered expensive? I always look to Powder valley to check for reasonable prices and midwayusa's 8lbers are only $5 more. .....And they're in stock.

I would agree and I probably should have phased that differently by saying "some might consider it expensive".

Edited by JMike

I got a 1lb of Competition last night and a 4lb of Power Pistol. I have now acquired more than 20lbs of pistol powder in the past 2 weeks. I am going to stop buying any unless I see AA#5. I am moving each of my new calibers to a new powder to preserve. ?40 is getting Blue Dot and .357sig/.38 super are both getting AA#7. I'll be taking .45acp off of AA#5 and moving it to WST. This is all the plan assuming accuracy doesn't suffer with the powders I have selected.

One of my LGS had (key word: had) W231 in 1# bottles late last week, thursday. I brought home 2 pounds. Another LGS tells me they are getting 4 pound bottles W231 this coming week. I have dibbs on one of those. If I get this it will put me over the top as far as powder inventories are concerned. Will probably cancel a few of my backorders, in particular those for AA#5 because in my heart I believe that it will be several years before that particular brand is available again.

I've never used Clays but due to all of the chatter by those who cannot get it, I think once it becomes available I will get a couple of kegs. To keep in inventory for a rainy day. What we need now if for this winter to end so that we can test all the new powders we cannot buy.

Just remember kids, the next powder crisis is gonna happen, we just don't know when. Be ready.

I got a 1lb of Competition last night and a 4lb of Power Pistol. I have now acquired more than 20lbs of pistol powder in the past 2 weeks. I am going to stop buying any unless I see AA#5. I am moving each of my new calibers to a new powder to preserve. ?40 is getting Blue Dot and .357sig/.38 super are both getting AA#7. I'll be taking .45acp off of AA#5 and moving it to WST. This is all the plan assuming accuracy doesn't suffer with the powders I have selected.

I kind of have simular thoughts. TG for 9mm & 38 spl., WST for 45 ACP, I'm trying to decide on 40 S&W, probably PP. I have plenty of powder including 12 pounds of CFE Pistol and 10 pounds of HP-38 that I haven't decided what to do with yet.