Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

Is Unique bad for accuracy, or just out of fashion at the moment? I found some on the shelves instead of my usuals so I grabbed it, but seems nobody here prefers it.

Unique can shoot very well in a number of different pistol calibers, it can meter poorly though and is likely why some shy away. I would have bought it i a heartbeat. Only have 4lbs left of it myself.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Got a notification from Midway that Accurate No. 5 was in stock, but within an hour it was gone. This is the first time I've seen any of this in a long long time. Maybe it's a good sign.

Started reloading about a year and a half ago with No. 5. Liked it.

Then went to PB. Loved it, but the stopped making it...

Then bought some SR 7625. Loved it, but the stopped making it...

Now I'm running out of 7625 and have about 8lbs of WSF. I made about 15 test rounds using about 4.5gr for 9mm minor and came up with an average of about 1065fpm. (my numbers may be wrong, I'm not looking at my notes). I can bring this down, but after shooting a long practice with my 7625 my chrono test of the WSF had a surprisingly sharp recoil. I'm very disappointed.

I'd appreciate any recommendations on a possible powder to keep an eye out for. Thanks

Some that are close to AA#5 is CFE Pistol, HS6, True Blue, WAC, etc. What are loading? Is this .40 Major? What weight of bullet?

I'm loading Precision Bullets 9mm 125gr Flat Points (coated lead) for USPSA minor.

Thanks

Some that are close to AA#5 is CFE Pistol, HS6, True Blue, WAC, etc. What are loading? Is this .40 Major? What weight of bullet?

I'm loading Precision Bullets 9mm 125gr Flat Points (coated lead) for USPSA minor.

Thanks

You should try some faster powders for that load. I loaded up some AA#5 9 Minor loads one time and they were not so good for me. They were extremely dirty and there was a lot of residue and powder left over. This usually happens with Minor powered loads that don't burn the powder completely and efficiently. I mean, it will work but there are better powders out there to do the job.