Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many club matches do you attend each year?

CHA-LEE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot 0 club matches this year.

Loser. :)

I shot (well, will shoot since there are still 3 matches left) about 19 club matches this year----10 USPSA, 3 Steel Challenge, and 6 Multigun. (Plus a couple of fun matches here and there.)

I practice to get better. I shoot local club matches to have fun. You guys who shoot 40+ matches a year---where do you get the time?! Especially during major match season? Two local matches a month keeps me busy enough, match-wise. I don't know how (unless I suddenly win the lottery and can quit my day job) I would have the time to shoot weekly matches. I certainly wouldn't have any time to practice!

I shot (well, will shoot since there are still 3 matches left) about 19 club matches this year----10 USPSA, 3 Steel Challenge, and 6 Multigun. (Plus a couple of fun matches here and there.)

I practice to get better. I shoot local club matches to have fun. You guys who shoot 40+ matches a year---where do you get the time?! Especially during major match season? Two local matches a month keeps me busy enough, match-wise. I don't know how (unless I suddenly win the lottery and can quit my day job) I would have the time to shoot weekly matches. I certainly wouldn't have any time to practice!

I have no idea where someone gets the time or money to shoot 40 club matches especially if they want to train for and compete in major matches as well.

I have no idea where someone gets the time or money to shoot 40 club matches especially if they want to train for and compete in major matches as well.

For a lot of people that is the only time they have access to a range that is beyond a static line.

I shot less than 20 monthly matches this year but shot just about every week at my local Wednesday match (range is 20 minutes from my house). In the past I would shoot 40+ monthly matches plus every wendesday.

SASS - 20+

USPSA - <6 I am usually MD at a SASS match that conflicts with the local USPSA Match

Outlaw Steel - as often as possible.

NRA Silhouette - as often as I can ~8

This gives me decent performance in these disciplines, but could do better if I just focused on one sport :cheers::roflol:

9-11 at my home club, 8-11 at club 2, 6 more spread around other local clubs, maybe a dozen 'practice matches' at the home club.

Low 23 plus the practice, high, 28 plus practice.

Add in occasional steel match.

No where near enough. I have the opportunity to shoot about 40+ within 2 hours of home, but work major matches, travel etc cut into that.