Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which custom gun?

Mike21STI

So I'm looking to get a Custom limited gun. I am looking at a few companies, would you go with an SVI, a predator tactical a Bedell, or something else? Let me know

Edited by Mike21STI

I'm pretty sure that all of those guys can build you a great gun. Look at their offerings and go with which ever one builds something as close to what you want as possible.

In the long run price and lead time are both trivial.

Use the search. This is a worn out topic.

I was in the same boat your in 8 months ago. Decided to go with Brazos. Bob's guns are great and his customer service is fantastic. I wouldn't shy away from Camerons guns either. Eddie and Tony are great people to deal with at Camerons. So for me it was a hard be a toss up between the two.

Just remeber you'll probably have a waiting period to have it built. Good luck on who ever you decide to go with.

I have a limited gun that Dan Bedell built me years ago. I think it may have been the second gun he built and it's still one of my very favorite pistols. It runs like a champ and has never let me down. Hope this helps.

Also don't forget to check your local builders. I didn't realize but one of the guys that I shoot with is an excellent gun smith. Had I known before I ordered from out of state I would have gone with him. Nothing beats having the smith local to you to fix any issues you may have! Additionally, Eric built probably the nicest 6" limited gun that I've ever seen! :surprise:

I don't have a limited gun but Dan Bedell has built me 2 open guns. They run great, couldn't be happier!

+1. I have a shorty built by Dan. He is a good guy to talk to, and his gun is awesome.

Being local to a builder can be very helpful, IMO.

I totally agree with that. Fortunately for me, JPL was 20 minutes from me and a few miles from the range I worked at in grad school. I've got an open gun and a 6" limited gun from him that I'm very happy with! Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

~Mitch

Cameron's customs. No complaints at all with them, the guns or customer service. Great product great company. A ton of shooters at the nationals use Cameron's. :cheers:

I agree 100%. I ordered one at last years nationals and I LOVE IT. Very accurate and a great looking gun. I'd go Cameron's but thats my opinion. When I start shooting open I'm gonna get another Camerons.

That being said I've heard nothing but awesome things about Bedell as well. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Kodiak Precision is in Mesa. Don is a sponsored shooter for SV. His guns have appeared on the cover of magazines.

Although you have already decided on PT, Matt was a sponsored shooter for SV for a number of years. His team is very familiar with SV parts and guns.

PT builds some great guns. You won't be disappointed with those guys.

The problem in the Phoenix area, is along with Don and Matt, there are at least four other incredible gunsmiths; McLearn, Glenn, Yost; just to name a few.

I have had 3 factory SVs, all were awesome. Also had factory STIs, and a Canyon Creek STI limited gun. I have never owned a Brazos pistol, but I will second his customer service, Bob is a great guy to deal with. I am currently shooting a Bedell shorty in open and couldn't be happier with it. He builds a really nice gun. Get something from a reputable builder that will stand behind his work and you should be GTG.