Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Episode 3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad does come off as a cry baby and some of his team mates do not like him, but he has been in two elimination rounds and has sent people packing. Brad has stepped up to the challenge.

Also I agree that Andre has not really done much expect talk. Maybe he will be one of the ones in the elimination round.

I also like the idea of the next challenge being with the AR's, now that they are done playing with bows and arrows. :rolleyes:

Brad did redeem himself to a degree. He needs to continue and the grand master comment was a :rolleyes: moment.

Bill on the other hand has consistantly been an ass. Glad to see him go and typical how the appolgists seem to share the same basic personality of conceit. Wonder if Bill is the type that wont pick up a box of pasters at a match B)

Havnt really got to see much of the team dynamic of the Blue team to this point. Denny of the red team seems like he may be a sleeper but he hasnt been tested yet.

Edited by tnek

Bill knew Kelly was a better marksman and student than himself and he adopted the typical school yard bully mentality.

And I agree, if he's too sensitive to take a joke about his EX-WIFE than I don't know how he made it this long in a house full of guys (and Tara).

I'm guessing this is the same Bill:

http://2aradio.com/

For those of you sitting at the office like me, they have his radio show streaming.

Edited by Bryan 45

Speaking of Brad, he'll be the guest on tonight's broadcast of my show, Gun Nuts Radio. Brad's coming on around 9:00pm Eastern to talk about his experience on Top Shot. You can listen live at www.blogtalkradio.com/gunnuts to hear Brad talk about the last few episodes, his two straight elimination challenges, and Top Shot in general.

Is there really nothing else to do around the house except play darts and chat? Are the competitors allowed to drink in the house? They should have a range behind the house with everything from slingshots to tomahawk missles for them all to have side matches and practice. + it would make the show more entertaining with more shooting to watch.

Lawdawg

Speaking of Brad, he'll be the guest on tonight's broadcast of my show, Gun Nuts Radio. Brad's coming on around 9:00pm Eastern to talk about his experience on Top Shot. You can listen live at www.blogtalkradio.com/gunnuts to hear Brad talk about the last few episodes, his two straight elimination challenges, and Top Shot in general.

I get enough of that guy once a week. Listening to him on the radio is not on my "to do" list. :sick:

I get enough of that guy once a week. Listening to him on the radio is not on my "to do" list. :sick:

I'll listen to him this one time,, and see what the deal is,, I'm sure someone will call in and ask him about his ex-wife. Might be worth seeing what he has to say,

What did Evel Knievel "say most of the People here are here to see me Crash"",

Might be a train wreck,,

From What I saw on the Show,,, you don't get Man Card Points from ME!

Bill is the one with the ex-wife.

Brad is Mr. IPSC Grandmaster. He's a good guy, despite how he may have come off during the show, and tonight he's got a chance to speak his mind about the whole thing!

Is there really nothing else to do around the house except play darts and chat? Are the competitors allowed to drink in the house? They should have a range behind the house with everything from slingshots to tomahawk missles for them all to have side matches and practice. + it would make the show more entertaining with more shooting to watch.

Lawdawg

How can you play darts and NOT drink????? :cheers:

I've heard - no booze allowed.

I am a big fan of this show and I love Survivor too, so I am predicting that the team concept is going to end soon and there will be individual immunity that the shooters will be fighting for.

Somebody pointed out the math to me:

16 competitors - one elimination a show means 15 shows, but there aren't that many (ten is what the original announcements described). So another format has to be put in place. When and how, and how the teams work into it, remains to be seen. And yes, even if there is nothing but Blue Team members left, each contestant will have to fight for him/herself, so happy times for Blue Team have to come to an end.

Still, we can cheer for "our guys", on either team, to go to the end. :cheers:

My problem with Brad is that he complained about the grip angle of the Brertta, then complained about having to shoot a longbow in competition. The show advised that various weapons would be used, so it seems to me to be complaining for no good reason. Everyone had to use the same weapon, so step up and do your best. He has one two elimination competitions, and I can respect that. I do believe that Brad would have lost the elimination challenge if he had to compete with the longbow in it.

He is an IPSC Grandmaster using a handgun that he chose to use. The Top Shot competition is not about competing with gear that you have chosen, but gear that someone else has chosen. To complain about using gear not of your choice seems silly to me, when you know that would be the case from the start.

I don't expect to see Brad in the finals, and I don't expect to see JJ. Not because they are not good enough to win, but that it only takes one loss. With the variety of gear that can be used in the competitions, it won't be hard to come across something that they won't be good at. I am waiting for tomahawks, slingshots, atlatl, and other uncommon weapons.

It won't be the best firearm shot that will decide the champion, but something else I believe.

Edited by Blueridge

It is, it is...

I guess I'm a "boy" too because, honestly, I thought that Bill needed to go out and buy some thicker skin.

"My ex-wife's fiance' shot himself in the chest."

"Wow, was she that bad?"

How is that not funny? :roflol:

I guess I'm a "boy" too because, honestly, I thought that Bill needed to go out and buy some thicker skin.

"My ex-wife's fiance' shot himself in the chest."

"Wow, was she that bad?"

How is that not funny? :roflol:

OK, I understand that people's sense of humor differs... but I too thought that was hilarious!

AWESOME FRICKING HILLARIOUS!!!!

No one is wrong for thinking it wasn't funny but don't anyone get too high and mighty because ya didn't.

Also, I am so glad to see Bill "Everyone else is shooting for second place" go bye-bye. How about a little humilty? Your walking into competition with world champions and snipers and pop a line like that on the first episode? Wow.

Also, for someone adopting the "I am so much more of a man than you, little boy" attitude, how about you man up and accept the apology. He cracked a joke. He also recognized the joke wasn't taken well and was mature enough to offer the apology. He could have told big bad Bill to grow some skin. Instead he made a peace offering and apologized. Bill just jumped on Kelly's insecurity on his age. Reall big of Bill. I'm real glad to see Bill go bye-bye.

Edited by Steven Cline

How can you play darts and NOT drink????? :cheers:

Playing darts while drinking beer is a interuption. Thats why I gave up fishing. Got tired of putting down the beer to reel in a croppie or such.

Just finished the episode. It seems to me, that if Bill detested Kelly that much, he should have laid out a "Him or Me" challenge in front of the team and settled it in the elimination round. His "cleverly" concealed selection of Kelly just seems to show that he was afraid to face the kid head to head.

My problem with Brad is that he complained about the grip angle of the Brertta, then complained about having to shoot a longbow in competition. The show advised that various weapons would be used, so it seems to me to be complaining for no good reason. Everyone had to use the same weapon, so step up and do your best. He has one two elimination competitions, and I can respect that. I do believe that Brad would have lost the elimination challenge if he had to compete with the longbow in it.

He is an IPSC Grandmaster using a handgun that he chose to use. The Top Shot competition is not about competing with gear that you have chosen, but gear that someone else has chosen. To complain about using gear not of your choice seems silly to me, when you know that would be the case from the start.

I don't expect to see Brad in the finals, and I don't expect to see JJ. Not because they are not good enough to win, but that it only takes one loss. With the variety of gear that can be used in the competitions, it won't be hard to come across something that they won't be good at. I am waiting for tomahawks, slingshots, atlatl, and other uncommon weapons.

It won't be the best firearm shot that will decide the champion, but something else I believe.

Actually going into the competition we knew pretty much nothing about what was going to happen. As a matter of fact we didn't even know that there were going to be teams until Colby told us! Ultimately the funny part about the editing here was that I wasn't actually complaining about the grip angle (even though I got heavily ribbed by everyone in the house for the overwraught explaination of the difference between Glock and Beretta). What I was annoyed about at that point was the amount of practice time/ammo allotted us. I had even a good diatribe about the performance curve being logarithmic and so forth (I can see Adam rolling his eyes now) with time on the X axis and ability on the Y axis with skill level determining the slope! Per the grip angle, I actually did like 30 practice reloads with the Beretta because I didn't want to be Mr. IPSC shooter and throw a magazine into an HD camera on a stage! And yes, I wince as well whenever I hear the IPSC GM comment. As Ben put it on his website, there are GMs, and then there are GMs. I know I stand firmly in the former category for now.

Per the longbow yeah, it definitely threw everybody a curveball. We knew we'd see something like it at some point but not how or when. Going in, I thought I would probably be okay with it, but as Tara said, it's completely out of our comfort zones. JJ owned it, plain and simple. He's the type of person with a lot of natural talent and a very very tough competitor. I honestly wasn't surprised when he nailed the shot.

Concerning Bill, there was a lot of tension between him and Kelly. It wasn't just that one comment, which everyone pretty much agrees would have been taken in bad taste, but could be forgiven. I always knew what to expect from Bill. He's a very direct guy, but he would tell you to your face how he felt- which is something very rare these days. He even invited Kelly on his radio show this Thursday where they're both going to chat about what happened. I know they've made amends which causes me to give them both a great deal of respect for their mutual integrity.

Edited by BradEngmann

Well I finally watched the 3rd episode on line. Brad, the folks editing this program are trying to make you look the fool! You gave them plenty of ammo to do it with as well. Good job standing up to 2 eliminations at this point. As for Kelly and Bill ..... ya that was odd, but I wasn't there. So Brad I'm curious, did they get any more comments on tape that are going to make you look bad?