Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Episode 3

The guy that got voted off, hating Kelly for a stupid joke, he is the one that needs to grow up.

Assuming what we see on the show is the entire story (obviously it isn't, but that's the only info we have) If that boy (I'm talking mental maturity) would have said what he said to me, I wouldn't have been nearly as polite as Bill was.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm a "boy" too because, honestly, I thought that Bill needed to go out and buy some thicker skin.

"My ex-wife's fiance' shot himself in the chest."

"Wow, was she that bad?"

How is that not funny? :roflol:

I guess I'm a "boy" too because, honestly, I thought that Bill needed to go out and buy some thicker skin.

"Wow, was she that bad?"

I'm with you Brother!

It is funny,,, ""shot himself in the chest"" how does that happen?

Ok my Kids live with my Ex,, and Yes they would have been affected,, by this,, if it was me,,,

Oh coarse with the amount of shooting my kids 11 and 13 do,,, they know better,, if it was an accident,, this guy would never live it down,, if he did it on propos,, he doesn’t need to be in my kids life, in anyway,,

"Wow, was she that bad?"

I thought it was funny and my wife even chuckled.

Perhaps Kelly is figuring out what buttons he can push for certain people. I wonder just how focused Bill could be at this point if he was in an elimination with Kelly?

Sorry, I come from the point of view that you don't talk about another man's wife.

Ever.

And that doesn't even take into account the weak ass apology. "So you aren't going to be talking to me or what" - Gimme a break.

It was his ex-wife's fiance' unless I misunderstood.

And it was my understanding that Kelly had already attempted to apologize and Bill wasn't having it. Of course, I'm sure it's a matter of editing and who knows but I think, in my opinion, it was blown out of proportion by Bill.

There is more to the story I am sure. Bill plans to discuss it on his radio show tomorrow morning, should be interesting to listen to.

The way things get edited, Bill looks like an unrelenting jerk, but there is obviously another side to it.

I think Jake's Paleo diet is de-evolving him into a caveman.

The joke was hilarious. Distasteful and over the line? Yes. But, that's what made it funny.

I really don't get all of this Brad-bashing (or anyone else for that matter). If he, or anyone else, wasn't bellyaching this show would be boring.

I told my wife if I was in Kelly's spot I would have probably said something very similar. I'm usually that crude. She said, "you would have said something that would have got your a$$ kicked."

I think the ex-wife joke was just that. I thought it was funny. And I don't know a guy that's divorced who doesn't have some hard feelings toward his ex and expresses it through a joke or two.

Was the joke immature? sure, but Bill's reaction was even more immature, in my opinion.

All of the talk about "more to the story" is irrelevant. If Bill didn't like Kelly for whatever reason and made his votes personal instead of for the betterment of the team, then he should be gone. he's not benefiting the team in any way. Kelly, even though young, is pulling his weight in the challenges. So is Brad. All of the household drama aside, if they want to win, they have to utilize the people that get it done.

I still have a really difficult time rooting for Andre. He's gaming without contributing.

my .02

All I can say about this episode is that I can't wait for the next one. I mean... :sight: I'm an USPSA A-class shooter and I don't wanna be watching no bow and arrow crap. Right Brad? <_<

;)

Next week's gonna be good! Fast and furious ARs!

It's players like Andre who make the show boring. It's like he's hiding until it's time to play then back to hiding. Next week it's goona be right up his alley: the service rifle. Let's see him kick butt.

About Bill... oh well... all I can suggest is, chill dude. "I'm gonna let my bullet do the talking" WTF?! :yawn: With that sensitivity you ever get to shoot in some of the squads I've been in, you'd probably be in a fist fight before the first stage of the day.

I despise them becasue of the way they come through in the show, but love the fact they're there; the smartmouth kid (BTW the ex-wife boyfriend joke was awesome :bow: ) and the whiny "I'm too good" shooter. That will keep people watching week afeter week.

Stay tuned...

All I can say about this episode is that I can't wait for the next one. I mean... :sight: I'm an USPSA A-class shooter and I don't wanna be watching no bow and arrow crap. Right Brad? <_<

;)

Next week's gonna be good! Fast and furious ARs!

It's players like Andre who make the show boring. It's like he's hiding until it's time to play then back to hiding. Next week it's goona be right up his alley: the service rifle. Let's see him kick butt.

About Bill... oh well... all I can suggest is, chill dude. "I'm gonna let my bullet do the talking" WTF?! :yawn: With that sensitivity you ever get to shoot in some of the squads I've been in, you'd probably be in a fist fight before the first stage of the day.

I despise them becasue of the way they come through in the show, but love the fact they're there; the smartmouth kid (BTW the ex-wife boyfriend joke was awesome :bow: ) and the whiny "I'm too good" shooter. That will keep people watching week afeter week.

Stay tuned...

"""""""""""""About Bill... oh well... all I can suggest is, chill dude. "I'm gonna let my bullet do the talking" WTF?! With that sensitivity you ever get to shoot in some of the squads I've been in, you'd probably be in a fist fight before the first stage of the day."""""""""""""""

+1 on that,,, every squad, I have been in,, If your not getting any (Crap) your new or they don't know you yet,, OR it is becouse they don't like you.

And if you can't take it,, you will not last long in the sport, the Sport being what it is,, is hard enough on the EGO, helps you grow in more than one way.

Jim M ammo

These reality shows are all about editing... however you have to fuel the fire. I think that Brad is giving the show enough fuel to make him out to be a whiner, while Andre is providing nothing. The blurb about he is a GM and his time on the show could come down to a long bow, made me think he was. I think it is more about the one person that can shoot the best, no matter which weapon you put in their hands. I don’t know Brad, and I am sure that in reality he is a stand up guy, but he is saying the right things for the show to portray him in his light. No doubt he is a heck of a competitor that maintains focus and performs well.

I personally think the show should have been more of an individual competition with multiple events and the scores adding up over the course of the show. I think it would make it more interesting to see the rankings each week and how they change after a competition.

Although my wife and I have not yet missed an episode, so they are doing something right. We cant wait to see what weapon they will be using yet.

I shot a Uspsa match with Brad yesterday. We, especially me, were giving him shit all day. He was really good about it though. We all know him and been shooting with him for years. It was kind off weird seeing him portrayed as such a jerk. Hey, he has won two eliminations, the takes some mental skill. Oh, I totally through the line " I'm an IPSC grandmaster out in the squad. It was knee slap funny.

All the in house drama aside...Last night was great..

I really thought a speed event with crossbows..what a hoot!! I think the elimination challenges have been fun. between this one and the zipline.

Brad ( I am an IPSC Grandmaster ) did great..competing in two challenges. that's pressure..great work Brad.

JJ..great job..pressure, winning arrow..awesome.

Andre needs to step and show what he has..all he has done is opened his mouth!!!

I really thought a speed event with crossbows..what a hoot!! I think the elimination challenges have been fun. ... that's pressure..great work Brad.

JJ..great job..pressure, winning arrow..awesome.

I shot 3D archery for a while before I started shooting USPSA. I thought competition archery with a time element would be a hoot.

So Dave, I'm de-evolving because I don't crack jokes to people I hardly know about their wives huh? I'll take that as a compliment because I'm honestly scared about what your idea of evolved is.

From what we saw on the show, it was not innocent, not respectful, and completely distasteful. Regardless of whether you think it was funny or not, Bill was obviously pretty damn upset about it for a reason. Since I don't know either one of them, all the information I have to go on is what is seen in the show. The kid is exactly that...a kid. Excluding the fact the obviously thought he did nothing wrong, he couldn't even muster up a sincere apology for obviously offending the man.

I'd like to see your opinion if their roles were reversed. For some reason, I think people are defending the kid on the sole basis that he is a kid.

I haven't seen the show, its not been posted to the web site which is where I'll be watching it.

But from everything I've read here it seems to me that Kelly did push the right button to tick him off. I don't talk trash about somebodies family but I haven't seen it yet, maybe he did go too far, maybe not. Sometimes you gotta deal with a smart alec by just letting it slide.

I'm defending Kelly because I know both Kelly and Bill. As in "from the show". Was what Kelly said not appropriate? Sure. But he did attempt to offer a much more sincere apology to Bill than what was played on the episode.

Kelly's not a kid. He may look young sure, and he eats like he's 12 - but he's an adult and took responsibility for his actions. Bill's reaction was way out of line. While I've kept in touch with both Kelly and Bill after the show, I still feel like Bill was out of line for the way he was acting.

I can't believe I'm letting myself get drawn into this discussion but I have a comment on "the joke". Honestly, I thought it was funny as hell. Bill was predisposed to disliking Kelly and no matter what the kid said, it would have been the wrong thing. Remember the line from Full Metal Jacket - "Private Joker believes any answer he gives will be the wrong one, and the Senior Drill Instructor will only beat him harder". That sums up where Kelly stood with Bill.

Another thing that many seem to be missing - it was his EX-WIFE (not his Wife) that Kelly asked about. I really don't think anyone in the crowd I shoot with would have been that offended. Kelly also indicated that he tried to apologize to Bill as soon as he realized he was upset, but Bill wouldn't acknowledge him. What the producers chose to show us was the encounter between Kelly and Bill AFTER Kelly had already tried to apologize.

In my opinion, Bill was overly sensitive; perhaps he even got coaching from the show's staff to make things more interesting. I really hope this show doesn't devolve into BS "Alliances" like those on Survivor.

ok, im in,,i think Kelly might have spoke out too quickly, but none of it would have happened if Bill had not brought it up..I think he should have put it behind him. The kid has put up so far when it comes to pulling his weight. Good show and I look foward to the next one..btw, ragging on each other is part of how us guys roll, part of what makes us who we are. Isn't that right Nemo !! :devil:

If the show wants cut up, we can send them that. How about Nemo and Woogie and Bill Noyes and Cassie Cochran? We could throw in Billy Abbot for good measure and these are just personalities from Area 6. If they need a cowboy hat next time there is Ken Hicks.