Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Episode 3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is finally dawning on these guys that this is not a team show but rather a show about the strength of individuals. It looks like JJ is in the commanding position right now since more of his team will be in the mix toward the end of the show. Kelly looks very sharp for the reds but unless those guys get unified, when it is all one team they will all get voted out by the members of the blue team.

No matter what anyone says about Brad, you have to give him his props. He has now won 2 challenges in a row.

Yeah but he keeps getting put in the challenges...

I wonder how small the red team can get before they decide to move some guys over from the blue team.

If they are going to keep this on a team basis I would think they would have to reallocate them if red loses another one since that would take them down rather low to have meaningful team events.

This show makes me glad to have a DVR - I can get through an episode in about 20 minutes. I don't watch this show because I care about how much these guys do or don't like each other. I want to see shooting. I could do without some of the camera work, too. During the zip line challenge in the end of the second episode, the camera cut back and forth so much you couldn't tell how either shooter did (yeah, I know they did that on purpose to build drama, I'm just saying I could do without it), and I really got sick of seeing the same 3-4 canned high-speed shots of the targets breaking over and over.

Speaking of challenges, why did we do longbows for the team competition, but switch to crossbows for the elimination? Just as the competitors pointed out, a crossbow is more akin to a rifle than a traditional bow. They're two very different skill sets. They started with 16 shooters - it's not like they couldn't do a crossbow episode, too. And while I'm on the subject, they played up the rapid-fire nature of the longbow, then gave them a challenge based solely on accuracy. Yes, I know accuracy is important, but the longbow was fielded for formations of troops to shoot at other formations of troops. In other words, it was an area weapon, not a point weapon.

I guess what bothers me is that I was hoping to see a reality show for shooters. Instead, I'm getting a shooting show for the "Road Rules" audience. Well, they still have 12 more people to eliminate. Here's to hoping they get it right sooner rather than later.

Good to get that off my chest...

I was hoping for a Kelly vs Bill.

you too? haha

There is def more and more drama being built up which i kind of expected. a lot of the red team voting is coming down to personal reasons, not who can help the team perform better. We'll see if the trend continues. As for merging the teams or moving people from Blue to Red, my guess is after a couple more people are gone, whatever team they may be from, the team competitions will be done and it will be more individual. Winner will get immunity from the voting and the rest will be at risk. just my guess.

No matter what anyone says about Brad, you have to give him his props. He has now won 2 challenges in a row.

Yeah but he keeps getting put in the challenges...

Did Brad NOT read the outline for the show before he signed up???? Competitors will be challenged to compete with multiple weapons from historic shots in history... and oh by the way... it's a reality show where people will be voted off!!! He's constantly bitching about shooting substandard weapons and, heaven forbid, voting...

Jeff

Did Brad NOT read the outline for the show before he signed up???? Competitors will be challenged to compete with multiple weapons from historic shots in history... and oh by the way... it's a reality show where people will be voted off!!! He's constantly bitching about shooting substandard weapons and, heaven forbid, voting...

Jeff

+1 I was thinking the same thing while watching.

Kelly Pissed off.. The other guy,,, how,,,

Did I hear it Right,,,

Something about the Ex-wife’s Boy friend, shooting himself?

IF I did hear that,,, it sounds like it was the lead in to a punch line.

Did I hear it Right,,,

that was it. Bill got pissed about the immaturity of Kelly's comment.

I've got more respect for Brad. He looked focused on winning the challenge against Bill. He's pissed too many people off and will have a hard time winning a vote that's not about how people perform.

I don't want them to rebalance the teams yet. I'd like to see if the red team can get it together or will they continue to be crushed.

Edited by GForceLizard

Did I hear it Right,,,

that was it. Bill got pissed about the immaturity of Kelly's comment.

I guess I would have been on the S*^% list,,, I probably would have,, made some comment too,,,

I don't get it,,,,,,,, It still """sounds like it was the lead in to a punch line.""""

"""""" My Ex-wife’s Boy friend, shot himself""""""

I can hear the RIm SHot!

As much as they gripe about each other back at the house, the red team seems to put all that aside while on the range. So far it hasn't done much good, but IMO, the longbow challange was mostly about luck.

Blue team should start talking about how terrible guys like Blake and JJ do at practice (even tho they dont). If the red teams gets to keep picking who doesnt get to compete, those guys are gonna be lucky to even hold a weapon again, haha.

Based on the previews, I'm guessing that Blake and JJ will be two of the three that don't get to compete. It looks like some fast and fancy pistol shooting is part of it, and that is their specialty.

If Red loses again, I foresee Brad back in the elimination challenge facing either Andre or Peter. Denny will be the deciding vote I think.

I think Blake sat out the second team challenge, pistol, so he will be in until all on the blue team have sat one out.

More power to Brad, he has held his own thus far. Same with Kelly, keep kicking their butts!

The guy that got voted off, hating Kelly for a stupid joke, he is the one that needs to grow up. I would like to see some of the older guys take Kelly under their wing and give him some mental game advice. Doesn’t look like he needs much shooting advice.

Next week finally some action with Blake and JJ shooting ARs and pistol!

i thnk they can make him sit again. not sure if the sitting out a challenge is until everyone has or just not 2 in a row. Either way, they should downplay how good they did. they should talk about whoever did the worst like they surprised everyone with talent, haha. gotta play some mind games on this show it seems.

Blue team should start talking about how terrible guys like Blake and JJ do at practice (even tho they dont). If the red teams gets to keep picking who doesnt get to compete, those guys are gonna be lucky to even hold a weapon again, haha.

Yeah, team strategy should be to not talk about how the practice went. JJ had a good practice with the bow, I thought for sure he was going to sit...but if IIRC at least one of the guys for the blue team who sat out said he had hunting experience with a bow, probably why he got selected.

The rules for sitting out players were that no player can sit out two challenges in a row, so since Blake shot the archery competition, he's eligible to get benched for the Friend of Foe challenge.

I really enjoyed the archery stuff. For the behind the scenes look at Blue Team's 3rd straight win, check out the Anatomy of the Shot: Longbow Challenge. I really recommend these for shooters - they show a lot more of the action and strategy that goes in the challenges and less of the household drama!

Drama and Markmanship is what the show is for! so far its happening

and I really like the entertainment the show has put on.

I love to see the next episode where JJ and Blake shows

the talent for us IPSC shooters. FAST!!! AND ACCURATE!!

Edited by shooterbenedetto