Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Episode 3

I also thought the joke was pretty funny. Kelly did also say he tried to make a formal apology.

Andre is constantly acting like everyone is out to get him. Brad never said a word about him and Andre came out looking for trouble.

Looking forward to the AR episode.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are bagging on Kelly for being immature, but it actually takes a very high level of intellectual maturity to get a zinger off like that.....I was not a fan until then. My hat is off to Kelly :D

To those who are so worried about the crack, my question is why did Bill care so much about hisEX WIVE'S FIANCE???? If you are that hung up on you're ex wife maybe you have more issues to deal with than the jokes people crack. I do know one thing for damn sure, if you are that sensitive taking a shot about personal stuff you wouldn't last five minutes at a my fire station.... :devil:

And it is interesting that Brad has been able to pull out two challenges in a row, it seems he will have to keep it up as his personality and non shooting actions are the things putting him in the challenges rather than his performance.

Edited by smokshwn

I'm glad im not the only one who found that hilarious. I was eating some crackers and spit out a mouthful when he said that. Looks like there is a ton of drama on the red team and blue is coasting nicely. If/when the blue team loses a challenge and has to go to elimination, it'll be interesting to see how they vote and what drama comes from it. they seem like a no-nonsense, the-two-shooters-who-did-the-worst-will-get-voted-in type of group. we shall see....

btw, ragging on each other is part of how us guys roll, part of what makes us who we are. Isn't that right Nemo !! :devil:

Could you imagine Mario and Sandro (Diaz, not Cintra) in that house? :devil: They'd probably last one night before not waking up the morning after because of a too-tight Sicilian neck tie. :roflol:

About Bill... oh well... all I can suggest is, chill dude. "I'm gonna let my bullet do the talking" WTF?! :yawn: With that sensitivity you ever get to shoot in some of the squads I've been in, you'd probably be in a fist fight before the first stage of the day.

Nemo, I'm sure you're not referring to me. When have I ever been anything but sensitive and politically correct at our matches? :devil::roflol:

I'm enjoying the competition but wish the Red Team could win at least one team challenge. This is getting to be a very lopsided butt kicking. I'm also a little tired of the drama. I know that the editing process highlights certain sound bites but the competitors could avoid providing the ammo with just a little forethought and self control.

My money is on JJ and Blake to still be competing on the final episode. Both appear to be excellent team members which we already knew.

Edited by XD Niner

guy i work with was talking about the show and I told him to watchg for JJ in the end. anything with a pistol he'll be one of the tops and he is good enough ( and proving it thus far) to pick up about any weapon and do well with it. plus hes physically fit enough to handle about any type of challenge he may be thrown into. That being said, replace the word Blake with JJ above and the paragraph reads exactly the same!! Im hoping for a win from with Blake, JJ, or Caleb.

I really thought a speed event with crossbows..what a hoot!! I think the elimination challenges have been fun. ... that's pressure..great work Brad.

JJ..great job..pressure, winning arrow..awesome.

I shot 3D archery for a while before I started shooting USPSA. I thought competition archery with a time element would be a hoot.

Did anybody else notice Andre damn near missed the target in the voting??? I haven't seen HIM hit a damn thing yet.

Jeff

How many times have you thought something, said it, but then wished that you'd kept your mouth shut?

For those on the show, I know that there isn't much if anything that is scripted while you are in the house, but how often do you get asked by the guys behind the cameras, "So, what do you think of so and so's performance today, and do you think that it's good for the team?", or "He said this, what do you say to that?", and "We're standing here filming the two of you packing clothes, come on, say something about what's going on. Make it interesting for audience!"

I can't help but think that it can be a (deliberate?) provocation. Minor stuff that would normally just never get brought up, but once put in mind, will get people thinking, and then maybe grumbling. In a tension filled environment (away from home/family and living with strangers, in a competition going for big money but being required to use unfamiliar equipment, and, at least for the Red Team, being on the losing end of things three times running and then being forced to vote in public for who goes) it'd be a miracle that people didn't get at least a little peevish. You take that and some editing, and all of a sudden you've got the DRAMA that everybody loves so much.

I suppose I'll boo and hiss and cheer the way the History Channel editors and their reality TV/Suvivor consultants want me to, but I'll try to remember that I (and the contestants) were set up.

Suggestions for Season 2.

1. In the event of a voting tie, rather than randomly picking someone to cast the "super vote" how about determining it by closest to the bull? The targets apparently have scoring rings, let's use them. Score the "tied targets" as a tie breaker.

2. It's a shooting show and I want to watch the best shooters do what they do. Letting the losing team pick someone to sit out means the best shooters in each event will likely be sitting down instead of competing in the challenge. I know you have to keep the teams even but how about we draw THOSE names at random with a "not to be picked twice in a row" format?

3. More trash talk and jokes. Shooting is serious but shooter's don't have to be and if you showed more of those moments maybe you wouldn't have to fill the whole hour up with "drama".

4. More ladies.

Edited by John Heiter

Did anybody else notice Andre damn near missed the target in the voting??? I haven't seen HIM hit a damn thing yet.

Jeff

But the other times.. he really drilled it. Until this time - the best shooter in the voting by far. This time Bill drilled it I think.

When I think of a typical USPSA match, one of the aspects that I enjoy the most is the good natured razzing that goes on nearly constantly. That's one of the primary reasons I participate. I fully realize that this tends to occur more between people who have shot together for quite a while and that, for the most part, we take it easy on the newbies. However, this seems to be missing from the teams in the show. Maybe it's because there is some serious money at stake, maybe it's because most of the contestants don't know each other or maybe it's because they all have a camera focused on them 24/7 but the camaraderie that I expected seems to be missing. Hopefully, it's just that they're focused on the strife within the Red Team at the moment and it will become apparent later. It is definitely something that I find missing in the show footage.

Edited by XD Niner

Jeff

But the other times.. he really drilled it. Until this time - the best shooter in the voting by far. This time Bill drilled it I think.

It seems that even that kind of shooting gets edited. Maybe not suprising - it'd be pretty embarassing to miss.

I have heard that the person in question here did take very deliberate aim over quite a while to make his shot.

Wasn't looking forward to the "bow and arrow" episode but overall it was pretty good. I gotta hand to Brad too, he may whine but at least he did realize reloading the crossbow was going to be important.......

All I can say about this episode is that I can't wait for the next one. I mean... :sight: I'm an USPSA A-class shooter and I don't wanna be watching no bow and arrow crap. Right Brad? <_<

;)

Next week's gonna be good! Fast and furious ARs!

It's players like Andre who make the show boring. It's like he's hiding until it's time to play then back to hiding. Next week it's goona be right up his alley: the service rifle. Let's see him kick butt.

About Bill... oh well... all I can suggest is, chill dude. "I'm gonna let my bullet do the talking" WTF?! :yawn: With that sensitivity you ever get to shoot in some of the squads I've been in, you'd probably be in a fist fight before the first stage of the day.

I despise them becasue of the way they come through in the show, but love the fact they're there; the smartmouth kid (BTW the ex-wife boyfriend joke was awesome :bow: ) and the whiny "I'm too good" shooter. That will keep people watching week afeter week.

Stay tuned...

"""""""""""""About Bill... oh well... all I can suggest is, chill dude. "I'm gonna let my bullet do the talking" WTF?! With that sensitivity you ever get to shoot in some of the squads I've been in, you'd probably be in a fist fight before the first stage of the day."""""""""""""""

+1 on that,,, every squad, I have been in,, If your not getting any (Crap) your new or they don't know you yet,, OR it is becouse they don't like you.

And if you can't take it,, you will not last long in the sport, the Sport being what it is,, is hard enough on the EGO, helps you grow in more than one way.

Jim M ammo

Well, I'm not new, so I guess everybody likes me, cause I get such a load of crap at every match that I feel obliged to do my part and always "return the love." Makes for a fun match every month.

I think Rhino, latewatch, and Angus Hobdel would be hilarious for part of a cast. Rhino would get voted out first, but that 40 minutes would be absolute hilarity.

anything with Rhino in it would instantly be comedy gold :)

I think Rhino, latewatch, and Angus Hobdel would be hilarious for part of a cast. Rhino would get voted out first, but that 40 minutes would be absolute hilarity.

anything with Rhino in it would instantly be comedy gold :)

I can't even imagine.

How many times have you thought something, said it, but then wished that you'd kept your mouth shut?

For those on the show, I know that there isn't much if anything that is scripted while you are in the house, but how often do you get asked by the guys behind the cameras, "So, what do you think of so and so's performance today, and do you think that it's good for the team?", or "He said this, what do you say to that?", and "We're standing here filming the two of you packing clothes, come on, say something about what's going on. Make it interesting for audience!"

I can't help but think that it can be a (deliberate?) provocation. Minor stuff that would normally just never get brought up, but once put in mind, will get people thinking, and then maybe grumbling. In a tension filled environment (away from home/family and living with strangers, in a competition going for big money but being required to use unfamiliar equipment, and, at least for the Red Team, being on the losing end of things three times running and then being forced to vote in public for who goes) it'd be a miracle that people didn't get at least a little peevish. You take that and some editing, and all of a sudden you've got the DRAMA that everybody loves so much.

I suppose I'll boo and hiss and cheer the way the History Channel editors and their reality TV/Suvivor consultants want me to, but I'll try to remember that I (and the contestants) were set up.

The producers would not try to get you to say certain stuff. But we were mike'd up 24/7, so even if there wasn't a camera on us, the producers knew if we said stuff. So for example, if I had said "Ben Stoeger is a poopy head and a lousy instructor" to Adam while there were no cameras on us, there is a GOOD chance that my next interview would have the question "So tell me about the instructor, how did you feel he did?" So it's not so much a set up as you'd think - think of it more as a distillation of events to their short-form content.

P.S. Ben Stoeger is not a poopy-head.

Am I right to assume that you could have said great things about Ben all day long, but if during one moment of frustration called him a poopy-head, the poopy-head comment is what would have made it on TV?

Now that's certainly a diverse group........but, if Kelly would have asked me if my Ex-wife was that bad, I'd definitely have answered "HELL YES" before the words fully left his lips........ :roflol:

That remark was funny and smartassed, just like I like em.

Edited by latewatch

Am I right to assume that you could have said great things about Ben all day long, but if during one moment of frustration called him a poopy-head, the poopy-head comment is what would have made it on TV?

If me saying nice things was total bullcrap and calling him a poopy-head represented my true feelings, then yes. Otherwise, probably not.

I guess my earlier post didn't go through. dang now I have to type it all over again.

I have issues with the weapons used so far. They seem to have used nothing but modern weapons so far??? Even the bow looked like it was made with carbon fiber and/or fiber glass. Did the English longbow have that? It really looks to me like they half ass threw this together and really picked some odd weapons. I was looking forward to seeing a true longbow and handmade arrows used. It doesn't have to be a 100lb draw weight to work for the show.

Also a modern crossbow? They might as well have used a rifle! Come on!!! Get an old wooden crossbow without sights and some handmade bolts!!! I know they are out there! I have seen them on Mailcall!!