Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Episode 3

Did he have anything meaningful to say?

I only listened to the first 30 minutes or so because they moved on to other subjects, but pretty much it was "Kelly and I are fine now. Creative editing blah blah blah blah..... Tune in on Thursday when he will be my guest."

We've all talked about how they can edit to twist a story, good thing they EDITED all the profanity directed at Kelly coming out of Bills mouth.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like most "reality" shows, its no surprise to see which team loses, and which members are in the final challenge. Whomever has the most annoying soundbites, and looks like the biggest jerks on film this week, will be on the losing team, and in the challenge. Wish they could mix things up a little and make it more surprising.

Having said that, I am enjoying watching the show, overall. My wife will even watch it. Wish they would go into more detail on the weapons and their history, and less on the drama, but that does not seem to be the point.

Edited by sfinney

Wish they would go into more detail on the weapons and their history, and less on the drama, but that does not seem to be the point.

FWIW, there is supplemental material on the History Channel site that gets in to some of that... cheers.gif

Just like most "reality" shows, its no surprise to see which team loses, and which members are in the final challenge. Whomever has the most annoying soundbites, and looks like the biggest jerks on film this week, will be on the losing team, and in the challenge. Wish they could mix things up a little and make it more surprising.

Having said that, I am enjoying watching the show, overall. My wife will even watch it. Wish they would go into more detail on the weapons and their history, and less on the drama, but that does not seem to be the point.

Check out www.history.com/topshot for more info on the guns and the strategy. That's the best place for shooters to get stuff about the show. I may be a little biased because I'm pretty heavily featured in the behind the scenes content, especially the Anatomy of the Shot stuff.

Also, for anyone interested in hearing Brad "I'm an IPSC GM" talk about his experience on Top Shot, my interview with him is available at www.blogtalkradio.com/gunnuts

Edited by Ahab

It's a very good show and fun to watch. While I don't like the whole house drama thing, in reality, that's what sells a lot of these reality shows. I just wish they would give the competitors more time to practice with the weapons and show more shooting. Why 20 rounds each with the Beretta? Why only 30 minutes with the bow? Give them the whole day to practice, shoot, strategize....it would be much more enjoyable to watch - at least in my opinion.

I like the format, :cheers: perhaps I am on the minority at least here :blush: but I think it's more interesting seeing these very good shooters having to adapt to disiplines that are not in their comfort zone. These are top knotch shooters and giving them any more time practicing would take away some of the drama, after all this is a show and if there was no drama it would be pretty darn boring to the adverage viewer. I love shooting but hate watching shooting.

Seems that blue team doesn't get very much screen time, is it because red team keep loosing? Another thing is it me or does red team seem to have all the drama queens? Maybe that's why blue team isn't getting as much screen time. Oh well it's still fun to watch.

I must confess I am hooked at this point. The funny thing is that my wife, who has not watched the show, has seen enough through the tv promos that we can have conversations about the show. I suspect that she will be watching soon.

Good work, guys.

Jack

Seems that blue team doesn't get very much screen time, is it because red team keep loosing? Another thing is it me or does red team seem to have all the drama queens? Maybe that's why blue team isn't getting as much screen time. Oh well it's still fun to watch.

I'm sure there's lots of juicy stuff from the Blue team as well, but they keep winning, so no one from that team goes to the final challenge.... they are carefully constructing the show to add drama behind what they know will be the showdown of the 2 shooters in the final challenge, IMHO.

Now, if we have an epsisode where from the start the blue team members are being featured more, and arguing with each other, with lots of "interesting" sound bites.... guess what, bet you the blue team will lose that day, and have to elimante someone. ;) Just guessing.

I'm sure there's lots of juicy stuff from the Blue team as well, but they keep winning, so no one from that team goes to the final challenge.... they are carefully constructing the show to add drama behind what they know will be the showdown of the 2 shooters in the final challenge, IMHO.

Now, if we have an epsisode where from the start the blue team members are being featured more, and arguing with each other, with lots of "interesting" sound bites.... guess what, bet you the blue team will lose that day, and have to elimante someone. ;) Just guessing.

Actually the red team got together and strategized about this. We said "hmmm, so the show is only 45 minutes long and they have to squeeze in practice, challenges, and eliminations, and allow the audience to make sense of everything." So we thought maybe we should all lose the first few challenges in order to maximize our screen time! It was a crafty, devious plan, but it worked! :P

Actually the red team got together and strategized about this. We said "hmmm, so the show is only 45 minutes long and they have to squeeze in practice, challenges, and eliminations, and allow the audience to make sense of everything." So we thought maybe we should all lose the first few challenges in order to maximize our screen time! It was a crafty, devious plan, but it worked!

So the whining was also part of the strategy? :D

In all seriousness, they video record everything on everyone all day long. And when its all said and done, they only have so much time in the total program... therefore final episode after edit features the more important clips to tell the back story.

So its not that Red Team had extra drama to feature... its that given the challenge's turn of events, they USE the red drama to tell the back story. Chicken/egg vs Egg/chicken.

Sorry, I come from the point of view that you don't talk about another man's wife.

Ever.

And that doesn't even take into account the weak ass apology. "So you aren't going to be talking to me or what" - Gimme a break.

Then Bill should have never initiated the conversation. If Bill couldn't deal with Kelly's response he shouldn't have talked about it with him.

And it was his ex-wife.

Actually the red team got together and strategized about this. We said "hmmm, so the show is only 45 minutes long and they have to squeeze in practice, challenges, and eliminations, and allow the audience to make sense of everything." So we thought maybe we should all lose the first few challenges in order to maximize our screen time! It was a crafty, devious plan, but it worked!

As a matter of fact, I'm a Grandmaster archer too. I only took up pistols and rifles because I knew I would look like more of a badass. I actually didn't tell my team about the whining strategy; just did it at the last moment to steal all of their interview time.

As a matter of fact, I'm a Grandmaster archer too. I only took up pistols and rifles because I knew I would look like more of a badass. I actually didn't tell my team about the whining strategy; just did it at the last moment to steal all of their interview time.

Ok.....now you've gone too far...I'm gonna 'bitch' slap you this weekend......!!!!!!! :sight:

OKm, Now that is the type of stuff (crap) talk that goes on in Squad talk!!! that makes it fun,,, to play the game,, :cheers:

Too Bad JJ,,, a NON,, Grandmaster archer hmmm hmmm got a lucky shot :devil:

Jim M ammo

:bow::bow:

Ok.....now you've gone too far...I'm gonna 'bitch' slap you this weekend......!!!!!!! sight.gif

It could be a fund raiser, a few bucks a chance, give it to charity.. lol

Edited by BerKim

Ok.....now you've gone too far...I'm gonna 'bitch' slap you this weekend......!!!!!!! :sight:

No no no. He is on my squad. I get first dibbs on the bitch slapping this weekend in Idaho.

Have fun at Area 1. I hope they make you shoot the zipline in Parma.

See how truly devious Brad is?

Not only has his strategy gotten him more airtime than the others, he's also managed to get more zipline practice in before A1. :bow::bow::D:D

Ok.....now you've gone too far...I'm gonna 'bitch' slap you this weekend......!!!!!!! sight.gif

It could be a fund raiser, a few bucks a chance, give it to charity.. lol

This weekend is a shotgun match, and since I'm pretty sure that the Benelli and 1100 grip angles are quite a bit different from a Glock, there will be much room for "discussions".. Also, since shotguns might not be featured in the show, we might be able to get some unique footage that we can sell...

:P

Ok, your strategy worked, you got all the face time, but you are so full of $H** your eyes are brown. :roflol: