Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Things You Only Do Once -

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Pinch my index finger between a case, the projectile and the bullet seating die.

Oh, wait... twice in less than 10 days. :angry2:

It's amazing how much vitae a blood blister will spill when it's opened up for all the world to see...

Aside-- New Skin/Liquid Bandage/Mole Skin won't stop the bleeding for you; it only seals the wound after it's clotted...

When I was around 8, We lived on an Army post. Dad was a paratrooper, and brought home what is called an extraction chute. Looked just the right size for me to follow in dads footsteps, so, after climbing to the garage roof, grabbing the shroud lines in my chubby fingers, and leaping, I made my first and only parachute jump. Sorta.....

At least I didn't break anything.

B

Never store tubes of Capzacin HP and Preparation H in the same cabinet. In fact, don't even have 'em in the same room!

That'll decrease those stage times!

Never store tubes of Capzacin HP and Preparation H in the same cabinet. In fact, don't even have 'em in the same room!

If you want some good laughs go read the Capacin HP reviews! :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

I once opened up our ICl Elf Pc monitor as my dad bought the monochrome version and was looking for the switch to change it to colour never got fixed but got a whipping lol

I once took a drill some cloth and car polish to my dads Merc, he was impressed until he saw it in the sun it had swirls all over was sold soon after and also got a whipping.

I once took my motor bike which i was not allowed to leave our property with straight into the garage door by mistakenly revving and popping clutch, i lay on the floor for 30min until the pain subsided i have a kid so i got lucky:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another thread about a primer popping off in a 650 made me remember this. When I was young, I ct open a 12 gauge shotgun shell, used the buckshot in a slingshot, made a small bomb (very small!) out of the powder, so I was stuck with what was left...a lowbrass, cut off, primer still intact, 12 gauge. Since I did not have a shotgun that would fire it at the time, I thought of the next, best thing to pop it off. I set it on the work bench in the shop, primer up, grabbed a 12 penny nail and a hammer, set the nail head against the primer, drew back with the hammer, and hit the nail.....HARD. The nail was driven through the primer, into the work bench, about 3/4" deep. The primer did go off....when it did, the gasses pushed it up off of the table, pinching my thumb and index finger, hard enough to create a blood blister on both. Had no idea that a primer could have that much force...

Funniest thing I ever saw...brother took a chicken and shoved its head up our horses a_-hole just after it took a dump and its tail was up. Chicken started kicking and the horse took off like a rocket.

Never take your new BB gun and shoot the bull in the "sack" while he is "sleeping". Brother did this and found that the race to the fenceline is too close for comfort.

Oh man I'm crying I'm laughing so hard!!bow.gif

I think we have a winner!!

holy crap! funny stuff :goof:

Ask a large lady when she is expecting. Just don't, believe me.

worse yet... have your hand on the belly when asking the due date... and there is none. Thought I had learned my lesson when I asked a co-worker, when she was due, and she informed me that she had just returned from maternity leave. The other 4 people on the elevator were thrilled when the doors opened too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After coming home from a long night of r/c racing, I find my garage door is wedged in the tracks with one side about 2 feet higher than the other. Tired after an hour of driving and it's already pushing 3a.m. so my attention is not very sound. Can't get the garage door to budge so I decide to remove the bolts that hold the cable that is putting tension on the door. I get three of the five bolts off on one side and right when I break the hold of the fourth bolt, the entire carrier plate shears off bolts 4 and 5 and that plate goes skyward with all the tension of the garage door springs. It caught enough of my head to lift me off my feet and stand me straight up! Roommate was still sleeping and I didn't want to drive myself to the ER so I went to bed. Woke up the next morning with the side of my face stuck to the pillowcase!

Speaking of r/c car racing.....back before the newer lipo batteries, everything was hard-soldered into place. We used high powered soldering irons for every battery change and motor cleaning/swap. Sitting in a small desk chair, soldering away at a motor wire and a big ol' glob of solder drops off the motor tab. Instincts tell me an expensive and hard to find small part is falling off my workbench, so I slam my legs closed to "catch" it! Instead got burns on the inside of both thighs!

Don't play racquetball in loose boxers and even looser umbro soccer shorts.....your playing partner might not have the best aim when trying to return your serve that ended up right behind you while you're still facing the front wall.....

Never again jump a friends moped. Front forks separated and I landed on the stanchion tubes which stuck into the ground like spikes sending me over the bars and depleting my lungs of any usable air....

When I was around 8 I was watching my neighbor work on his motorcycle. It was running and I wanted to touch the "rainbow" colors on the exhaust.....

I could go on but it's getting late and all the knocks to my noggin over the years and catching up....

Never try to find the "clutch" when manually shifting an automatic.

At 16 I had an old Mercedes turbodiesel with an automatic, and a Trans Am with a 350 LT1 and a 6 speed manual. I didn't want to park the TA on the street by school so the Mercedes was the daily driver, but I raced the Trans Am at sanctioned 1/8 mile drags, and drove it anywhere I knew it was safe to park it.

The turbodiesel was absolutely gutless unless you held it in gear until the turbo had spooled up and then it would get out of its own way. I was driving on some empty backroads when I decided to grab second, at about 35 mph- and mashed the parking brake to the floor while bumping the shifter.

Only did that once...