Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Your Absolute Single Favorite Movie?

After much internal debate ........ Casablanca.

Great acting, greater characters, quotable lines, troubled yet true love, true humor, redemption, the victory of ideals over mere pragmatism, decent music, and the bad guys are Nazis - the best movie bad guys ever. And the head Nazi ends up dead. "Major Strosser's been shot. Round up the usual suspects!"

It was made at the start of the war, when the outcome was very much in doubt, yet is confident on which side was right and stronger. Heck even the French end up as good guys in the end.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movie that started my love affair with "unmasculine European coffees" (for those of you on the modern calendar this was during a year BS - Before Starbucks.)

I also learned that it took 7 minutes 17 seconds for Whitney Houston to sing the Star Spangled Banner during Superbowl XVII.

• 1 year later...
"Ultimate Advanced Revolver" Starring Jerry Miculek. VERY close behind in 2nd would be "Mystery Men" with Ben Stiller

I'm easily entertained. :blink:

I watched Mystery Men last night. Very funny flick and all the bad guys had some cool lookin' guns! One was a revolver with a Cmore on it and the other was a total bling-bling chopped up open gun with a Cmore. Neat...

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

Out of Africa I would have loved to have been there during that time period

ShawShank Redemption Just a great story

Brian's Song Truly an inspirational story

Those are the top 3 in order, but there are so many good ones

I've been thinking about this thread for a while and now that it is back up I'll add my 2c. I don't think I can define a FAVORITE movie. I have a short list of great movies I love, but I like some better then others at different times. I don't think a movie has been made yet which would touch all the right buttons depending of what mood I'm in and not be a turn off at the same time.

Even more, I would not bring any of my favorite movies with me forever on an island. Watching that only movie would ruin it forever, flaws would be notice, etc.

What would I bring on a island? Wild Things, for a number of reasons.

I also learned that it took 7 minutes 17 seconds for Whitney Houston to sing the Star Spangled Banner during Superbowl XVII.

And in my humble opinion, there has never been a more powerful, and emotion provoking rendition ever performed.

FWIW

dj

(Our hero, Navin, is sitting at the bottom of a staircase, looking like a bum.)

Navin Huh? I am not a bum, I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things. My friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? O.k. It was never for easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days sitting on the porch with my family singing and dancing, down in Mississippi... :lol:

The Jerk

And in my humble opinion, there has never been a more powerful, and emotion provoking rendition ever performed.

FWIW

dj

Yes, too bad a better person could not have sung it.... :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How can you narrow them down to one favorite?

Based on the number of times I've seen them, "Top Gun" followed closely by "Armageddon"

Favorite comedy "The Blues Brothers"

Best Science Fiction "Aliens II"

Favorite Western- "The Cheyenne Social Club"

All time favorite - Three way tie "Dances with Wolves" "Braveheart" "Gladiator"

Tony

Edited by tlshores

My absolute favorite is

The Searchers (John Ford)

Named my twin boys after the John Wayne's character and brother.

Most of my other favorites have been listed.

I'd add

Ridley Scott's The Duelists

Monty Python's Holy Grail

Terry Gilliam's Brazil

The Battle of Algiers

I'm sure I could rattle off a few more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
DEMOLITION MAN

Wrong thread Chris, they are looking for the BEST movies. That being said...

"The Empire Strikes Back"! The movie opens up with the battle of Hoth, and ends with a huge plot twist... :D