Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Your Absolute Single Favorite Movie?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saving Private Ryan has to be one of the best movies of all time. As an Infantry Officer, I am just in awe of the level of detail and yet it almost hurts to watch the scenes of American soldiers dying in battle.

Re Saving Private Ryan. I had a conversation about this movie with Greg Hamilton, head man at InSights Training Center. Greg is a former Ranger and Green Beret. This is a tough guy. But he told me, "Ten minutes into the movie I was crying." I told him, "I would have been crying, but I was too busy feeling numb."

This is kind of embarrassing but,

Roman Holiday (what? you've got to be kidding!)

Close runners up: Breakfast at Tiffany's & To Kill a Mockingbird

You might say I have an Audrey Hepburn obsession and those old Greg Peck flicks are great as well.

But, out of newer fare:

Lord of the Rings (all of them)

Saving Private Ryan (so affecting though I'm not sure I can watch it day after day)

Fargo ("Is that your accomplice in the woodchipper?")

Finding Forrester

I think my favorite post on this thread, though, is M. Bane's confession of Jeremiah Johnson -- that must appeal to those of us that live above 7,000 ft.

Duane, that's just impossible!

I just read through the whole thread. I don't think I could pick a favorite. For my son (he's 3) it changes every time I put in a new DVD.

For me there are 3 that I watch a lot. These are listed in no particular order.

Hudson Hawk

Princess Bride

Tombstone

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

Well my two year wait is over. I lurked for a year, was a member with one post for the next two years. Now I am loose. I thought about this for two years and decided its nearly impossible to pick an all time favorite and stick with it. So I will go with my favorite five (since I have stuck with them for some time).

E.T. and Shrek for the sentiment and the reaction of the kids of all ages. The Godfather and the Untouchables because I've watched both, all the way through, at least 4 times; parts of them a dozen more times. Star Wars for its initial impact and the changes it brought to movies. Somehow the Green Mile and Shawshank keep trying to worm their way up the ladder along with Saving Private Ryan. Sheesh. Hard question.

Regards,

• 1 month later...

I have alot of favorites but the one I never get tired of watching is the original Highlander and .......... Blast from the Past. I dunno, chritopher walken cracks me up. The prophecy was good too. Forrest Gump.

• 1 month later...