Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you are a shooter...

When you can usually find enough loose ammo to shoot a match...on your night stand :roflol:

Jim

Aw Jim, you beat me to it! :rolleyes:

But yeah, or when there is always 50 or so rounds in the cup in the laundry because you are always pulling them out of your trousers before you wash them.

Except I end up finding them in the dryer AFTER I wash them. :rolleyes: And yes, there's probably at least a stage's worth of loose ammo on the nightstand and on top of the dresser.

I was photoshooting a defensive shotgun training class a week or so ago and noted that my trigger finger (shutter finger) was in the "safe" position in between shutter activations. Heh. 'Hard to break those good habits. B)

In my case, you KNOW you're a shooter if you have enlarged (and framed) photos of guns all over one living room wall. Then you find out who your friends are if they go up to them and make intelligent noises about them. :D

It seems to me we had a thread on this topic maybe last year... it was hilarious. Maybe we should merge THIS thread (while it's still small) with the indeed lengthy previous one. Flex?

I found myself doing that with my saws when I had to put in a sub-floor the other day. I didn't even know I was doing it unitl I looked down and had a laugh.

Yes, the topic has been done and with the same title... I had brain fade........................

You know you are a shooter when...

For the last year, your wifes oven has been broken...and you havent found the time to fix it or the $1.25 for the part.

But during that time, you spent $29000.00 on gun parts.

You also went to 35 shooting matches.

You shot 30000 rounds of ammo

You spent weeks at the loading press

Most of your days are spent building guns or working on guns or loading ammo.

You know your wife is a shooter too :closedeyes:

If you survive to tell the tale :roflol:

Lucky Jim

For the last year, your wifes oven has been broken...and you havent found the time to fix it or the $1.25 for the part.

But during that time, you spent $29000.00 on gun parts.

You also went to 35 shooting matches.

You shot 30000 rounds of ammo

You spent weeks at the loading press

Most of your days are spent building guns or working on guns or loading ammo.

You know your wife is a shooter too :closedeyes:

If you survive to tell the tale :roflol:

Lucky Jim

29000.00 on parts? Those 1100s suck dont they?----------------Larry

You know your a shooter when: You grab your cordless drill, get your grip and approach your drilling situation as you would a course of fire. Along with reloading a new batt.as you would in a match. :roflol:

Speaking of cordless drills .... I just caught myself the other day carrying my drill down the hallway with a noticeably straight trigger finger. That made me laugh when I realized what was going on.

When you look up at the sky, see clouds, and think... huh, soft cover. :D

Feel free to add your own here.. this could be a fun thread.

I was playing cards with a few friends the other night. Half of them shooters. There was a quick break in the game and as it resumed a non shooter asked who's turn it was. A shooting buddy of mine immediately informed him who was up, who was on deck, and who was in the hole...

:roflol:

You know you are a shooter when:

-You buy a new gun that you like but immediately think you need another as a back up.

-You buy gun socks so you can really load your safe without the wife knowing what you really have.

-You are driving home from a match and keep replaying all the stages in your head... and you know if only you could shoot it again you'd do it at the Master level!

-You buy more bullets even though you have enough to last a decade.

When you build gamer guns for a side match.

When you have actions, barrel blanks and stocks waiting till you have time to put them together.

You know small obscure bullet makers.

Your AR service rifle weighst more than you M1A service rifle.

You have antique firearms, because they don't fall into a political category. (Doesn't everyone have a Garand?)

You're a lucky shooter when...

You tell your wife that you're thinking of buying certain items before November 4th, and she says "I would if I were you"

Your wife tells you to buy a bigger safe.

Your wife doesn't care how full the safe is. :cheers:

Have a full size bedroom with nothing but gun stuff: loading bench, safe the size of a commercial refridgerator, ammo to see you through the revloution

Front sight magazine on the coffee table

Loose ammo, JP AR parts, ect on the kitchen table

sand bags, targets, shooting mat, staple gun+staples ect live permanently in your (small: Mustang) trunk

Drivers seat has indentation from your carry gun, cup holder full of spare mags

Had to laugh at the some of the other things I've read so far, mainly the trigger finger/drill in the safe position. I find myself doing that all day.

You get a wedding invetation from a relative and your first move is to pick up the Front Sight and Cowboy Chronicle to see what matches are nearby (done it!)

You have as much steel in the back yard as the club has at the range :surprise:

Your son stands at the edge of the back porch in the surrender position and says "Beep Me Daddy!"

There is at least 300lb of lead in your yard waiting for cool weather to start smelting it.

The local gunsmith is on your Christmass GIFT list (not just a card to him!)

Geesh... I have done ALL of these that people have mentioned thus far...

Adding one of my own...

When you work 12 hours a day, six days a week, and you spend the 7th at a match or practicing.

Frank

You Know You're a Shooter When...your only family vacations are to Major Matches.

or

You Know You're a Shooter When...your backyard landscaping seriously resembles a range.

You know you are a shooter...

When you can usually find enough loose ammo to shoot a match...on your night stand :roflol:

Jim

-Your bullet orders are more than your (Car Payments, House Payments)

-When you are in a strange town for a match and you feel safe at the waffle house - because of the shooting shirts and or 5.11's pants

Speaking of cordless drills .... I just caught myself the other day carrying my drill down the hallway with a noticeably straight trigger finger. That made me laugh when I realized what was going on.
You know you are a shooter when:

-You are driving home from a match and keep replaying all the stages in your head... and you know if only you could shoot it again you'd do it at the Master level!

-You buy more bullets even though you have enough to last a decade.

-Have a full size bedroom with nothing but gun stuff: loading bench, safe the size of a commercial refridgerator, ammo to see you through the revloution

-Front sight magazine on the coffee table

-Loose ammo, JP AR parts, ect on the kitchen table

-sand bags, targets, shooting mat, staple gun+staples ect live permanently in your (small: Mustang) trunk

-Drivers seat has indentation from your carry gun, cup holder full of spare mags

-You get a wedding invitation from a relative and your first move is to pick up the Front Sight and Cowboy Chronicle to see what matches are nearby (done it!)

-The local gunsmith is on your Christmass GIFT list (not just a card to him!)

• 2 weeks later...

Opening the midway catalog is better than Christmas.

You look at a phone and notice that if you dial 911 or 511 they're in a perfect line and then wonder if that's just a coincidence, or if there's a hidden meaning.

You look forward to returning to your car after a trip to the mall because it's another chance to practice moving from cover to cover.

You find your eyes slicing the pie when walking through doorways.

You know how many steps it is from your bedroom to the bathroom, how long it would take to move from P1 to P2, how many shots you would take and where you'd be when you needed to reload.

You scoff at the thought of tactical underpants but start to wonder if they might actually help your score.

Whenever someone yells the word:"Contact!" you have an immediate urge to forward roll and shoot something. :roflol:

When your microwave beeps you snatch at the weapon that isn't there on your hip.

You stand in line at the bank and plan how you'll get around all the "No Shoots" there in line with you.

See my avatar. The rear trunk has targets, shooting cap, ear protecters, etc. But then so does my truck, but it also has staple gun, and target stands for IPSC along with the necessary chronograph gear.

...you have inadvertently sucked up primers in a vacuum cleaner.

...you have reached in your pocket for change at a store and have had to sort through loose rounds, and or foam ear plugs for the coins you need to complete the transaction.

...you have fertilized your yard plants with gun powder.

...there is a greater chance that the metallic clanging in your dryer is a loose round rather than loose change.

...you find out that the "thing" poking you in the arse on the couch is the front sight you couldn't find last week.

...you are known by your mail carrier as "the bullet guy" because the 75lb cardboard boxes your rounds came in broke during transit.

...you have spent more on pistol primers in the past year than on personal clothing.

...you can tell the difference between a 14 and a 16lb recoil spring.

...you have seriously considered gaining stomach fat to create more room on your gun belt to more easily access magazines.

...you know that a "squib rod" is NOT a colorful euphimism used by sailors.