Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you've been a gunwriter for too long when you're going through back issues of gun magazines, you come across an article title in the table of contents, you think, "Oh, that looks interesting. I'll bet I'd enjoy reading that," then you look at the byline and realize you wrote it 15 years ago. And can't even remember having written it. Then you read the article and it's all new to you - it's like reading someone else's writing.

You have an outer belt/holster/mag pouches (or moon clip holders) set up for each of the 6 divisions.

And a spare or two so you can configure for special matches and -gun w/o having to disturb your regular rig(s)

......When your primary choice of vacation spots is based around where shooting matches are being held. Which leads your spouse to ask what shooting match is being held at/near the vacation destination.

Yup, no match no trip. We do try to make it the first stop so that the rest of the trip can be spent relivin... Oh wait, so the rest of the trip wil be carefree, yeah, thath;s the ticket.

... when your gun collection is worth more than your vehicles.

Well at least the regular vehicles

When your gun safe is larger than your refrigerator

When you consider just plating a room since safes take up space that guns could fit into. And safes make it difficult to look at your collection. Oh, did I say safes? Well you have a second refrig or freezer don't you?

Jim

When Jerry ask for your autograph. <----------------- YEA that will be the day.

Or when you are forced to go to Babies "R" Us to register and you walk around with the laser gun with a proper grip shooting the bar codes. I also asked the lady if they had a holster for it. (Puzzled face no reply).

You know you are a shooter when

- Your kids learned to count to 50 LONG before they started school by putting your reloaded ammo in boxes

- Your youngest sons first word was "shoot"

- Your 2 year old son HATED Barny videos, but went to sleep every night, by his request, watcing dads shooting videos

You know you're a shooter when:

...you know the brand of gunpowder by the smell of the smoke.

...you value everything by the number of guns you could buy.

...you have a separate checking account just for shooting stuff.

:lol: Yes, the seperate account is called the Black account and the wife has no information of

its exsistance. She does not know how I bought the last gun all she does know is that I make less at work

now ;) !! I cannot confirm nor deny the exsistance of this account either !! :ph34r::ph34r:

Bingo!! ....I'm not saying I do this (so don't try to blackmail me) but with a direct deposit I, I mean you, could setup an "allotment" to directly deposit money (in this example lets say about $50.00 per pay period or $100 per month) of my, I mean your, paycheck directly into that black account. The wife would never know you ever had the money. :D

Things like that are why I don't have a wife!!! Less trouble

How things change in 1.5 year...

B)

When your second grade Daughter, who was tasked with writing a letter to Santa for someone other than herself, asked Santa to "bring my Daddy some bulets fore his gun". Is that cool or what?

Also, when your wife, of her own doing, decides to get "45rules" on her license plate. :cheers:

Hurley

When you have a dozen used Ernie Hill holsters hanging on the wall

When you dress up for a night out...and find you are wearing a cr speed belt :surprise:

All of your clothing includes a CCW holster

You spend more money with Montana gold ...than the grocery store each month

When your preteen Granddaughters can out shoot the local SWAT team :rolleyes:

Brass is the precious metal you invest in

A crime lab could find GSR on your toothbrush :roflol:

Jim :lol:

When you bang your finger and then thank god it wasn't your trigger finger.

I did that last Tuesday! :roflol: I got a blood blister and bruised the knuckle on my left index finger and the first two thoughts in my mind were "Glad that was not my right index finger! I have a match on Thursday and Saturday and ...darn it...that is really gonna slow down my reloads!"