Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When your significant other wakes you up because the dogs have some critter cornered in the dinning room - and she feels she has to include "don't shoot it" in the same sentence...maybe she was right afterall :blink:

When your so excited about the big match you fall asleep with your holster.

post-1856-1262822909_thumb.jpg

(he's gonna kill me if he sees this :ph34r: )

Is that TM262?

In the flesh baby! Of course back in those days I did not know that I needed to wear hearing protection to get a good night's sleep. SingleStack will put a snore on you and you can't beat him to sleep.

You know you are a shooter when:

The first question you ask the doctor after you had a heart attack and two stents implanted into you heart is: Will I be able to shoot the match this weekend?

True STORY

Your plano shooting glasses cost ten times as much as your prescription glasses.

You schedule your contact lens replacement based on important matches.

You could wear a different t-shirt and ball-cap every day for weeks.

You know you are a shooter when:

You are the only one in your CCW class with a SA auto...

You buy your wife 2 pistols and a rifle (Identical to yours-backups) and tell her that's our anniversary budget--then she says "Cool!"

Your wife busts her thumb open on the 4th stage of a SASS match, rips the band aid off on the fifth stage on purpose, shoots clean on the 6th stage and sobs on the way home "I got blood on my guns..." (she a keeper)

You check your home range's schedule for the local PD qualification days so you can be the first to scrounge the brass...

You do laps on the promenade deck of your cruise ship, airgunning as you go...

The authors of the reading you bring on your vacation are Enos, Bassham and Kirsch...

I am soooooo guilty of those! lol Right in there with my laptop are a few copies of Front Sight, assorted stage diagrams from matches so I can get ideas for local stages and other shooting related stuff. Nothing says high hit factor stage like dry firing in your cabin on a cruise ship. :goof: I have come up with a lot of low movement, high round count stages thanks to my cabin. *Needs to get back into brass shagging* :)

Joe W.

I'm single and have 1 car and 2 trucks. During the summer I use the 1/2 ton Chevy for running about to the grocery store, Dr's. office and such because the Chevy S10 truck is loaded with my gear for shooting high power rifle and the car has my pistol box and gear in the trunk. Usually from May through Sept. neither vehicle is unloaded. Rifles and pistols stay in the rig unless they need to be worked on. Empty brass is taken out when the brass can is full.

When my kids ask if they can use my car, they also add. We will take the ammo out first

When you KNOW that the "The Great One" is not Jackie Gleason.

When you KNOW that "Ford Engine Blue" is really "Dillon Blue".

When, in the first week it was announced, a half dozen of your range pals applied for a shooting based reality show, and that even you, a past his expiration date half blind mild mannered white collar soft handed middlin' A Glock shootin' kiddie doc, briefly deluded himself into thinking, "hey, why not me?".

:roflol:

Edited by kevin c