Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are able to identify another shooters handload by the smell of the powder and amount of smoke produced.

LoL!!!

Winner!"

I wish I would have had a picture of "Fullauto Shooters" face when I pulled that off on Saturday. Edited by baerburtchell

"You look forward to returning to your car after a trip to the mall because it's another chance to practice moving from cover to cover."
Or you look forward to returning to your car so you can practice your scan-and-search if you're into defensive shooting. ;)
"...you have inadvertently sucked up primers in a vacuum cleaner."
Been there, done that. :D
"...you have spent more on pistol primers in the past year than on personal clothing"
No kidding.

Assuming there isn't too much obnoxious b/g soundtrack music, when you can tell what kind of handgun the actor/actress on TV is using by the sound of the racking slide. (Hint: Glocks are easy to identify).

You know you're a shooter when...

...your girlfriend asks you if her gun belt makes her ass look too big,

...you stand in front of the mirror in your boxers & gun belt dry firing,

...you're idea of wallpaper is the "metric" target and toilet paper is the "classic target",

...you're going out with your girl and she asks you if she should wear the chrome .25 automatic in a garter with the stiletto heels or the

Glock 19 with the knee high f- me boots.

Edited by ShaunH

You know you are a shooter when:

You buy a house two miles from the range.

You use your USPSA membership number as your pin number.

When you use morning meeting at work to design stages.

You have to tell yourself that your not double tapping the mouse, you're doing controlled pairs.

More a statement of local attitudes but ...

Your contractor and electrictian ask where the reloading bench is going so they know where the overhead light is going to be installed.

Your wife bellows at you to pick up the toy the cat is tossing across the living room. A 12ga hull.

Midway, Natchez, and Brownells monthly flyers are not considered junk mail.

......when looking for an area to live, you skip over "good schools" "low crime" "low cost of living" and other common criteria and go straight to "Is there a local USPSA/IDPA club".

....you design courses of fire during your daily commute to pass the time.

WHEN YOUR FIRST THOUGHT AFTER FOREPLAY IS..........(wait for it)........... "LOAD AND MAKE READY"

OR TELL THE WIFE, " IF YOU ARE FINISHED UNLOAD AND SHOW CLEAR"

Talk about a visual..... <_<

I was thinking the same thing in that regard. I don't want to know if it's clear, I've already rolled over. At least he didn't tell his "wife" to "holster" it! :surprise:

Edited by ShaunH

You know you're a shooter when...

...the first thing you do on learning you have to travel for work is to check both the IDPA and USPSA club finders, and see which matches you'll be able to shoot on the weekends; the second thing is to figure out which gun you'll take with you. Then you worry about clothes and travel arrangements.

I brought the Beretta this time...almost brought the Colt Official Police, just because I haven't shot it in so long. ;)

You know you're a shooter when you buy your wife a Glock 26, extra mags and some fobus mag carriers for her birthday and she isn't pissed at you!

GOD I'm lucky, I can buy her tools as well!!

"Whenever another approaches you with the clear intention of doing something for your own good, RUN, Run for your life!!"

Oscar Wild

• 1 year later...