Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm bullets - which to buy?

Ontarget

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a couple of thousand 147 NLG from SummitCity bullets, haven't loaded any yet. They look nice and uniform, coating is great. $96 per 1k before 20% discount, $76.80 after discount, free shipping. Don't know how long the 20% discount will last though.

On 2/3/2023 at 9:47 AM, GOF said:

I've been very happy with 124 grain 9mm coated DG Bullets. Clean in the bore and as accurate as any other (plated, jacketed or coated) 9mm bullet that I have used.

Plus one for the DG bullets… high quality, clean and consistent…. Also use Ibejiheads and Blue Bullets… my top 3 coated brands…. 

On 2/2/2023 at 8:00 PM, 85win said:

Does anybody have an opinion if the 115 HAPs or Zero’s tend to be more accurate.  

Also if the 115 Zero JHP versus the conical tends to be more accurate.

I have a lot of the 115HAPs but could never get accuracy out of them, Zero's and of all things Winchester can be very accurate. I love the 185 45HAPs but the 115's never made it for me and the .365 125's only if I push them real hard in major or 357sig. Since Zero jacked up their prices I've started using PD's V2 that seem to work ok.

19 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Do you have a link? Because what I'm seeing is $269.

You have to search by bullet weight, not caliber.  Not sure why.  If you just search 9mm you end up with 12 results. 

https://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/handgun-bullets/9mm-124gr-concave-fmj-bullets.html

I just bought 1K of their V2 Plated RN bullets to try for my open guns and I really like them.  I think they're a very good compromise between Blues and JHP's. 

15 hours ago, clw42 said:

You have to search by bullet weight, not caliber.  Not sure why.  If you just search 9mm you end up with 12 results. 

https://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/handgun-bullets/9mm-124gr-concave-fmj-bullets.html

I just bought 1K of their V2 Plated RN bullets to try for my open guns and I really like them.  I think they're a very good compromise between Blues and JHP's. 

Thanks, what purpose does a concave base serv ?

8 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

Thanks, what purpose does a concave base serv ?

I think I read somewhere that it reduces the gas that blows by the bullet in the bore.  I think most people say it doesn't matter.  It certainly doesn't hurt anything.

Try everything. 

I pretty much only

load for fun/USPSA and am a casual competitor (at best), so I’m more concerned about loading consistently than I am with accuracy. 

Zero are local to me and I really like their 125gr JHP. For a more budget-minded option, the 124/5 (?) CN from BBI is consistent in loading and shooting and not super smoky. I just ordered some 124gr JHP “Nukes” from RMR and am hoping to have found one bullet to cover all my 9mm needs. 

5 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

I really like Zero bullets, but they're about $0.14 each now. I used to order they'll because they were cheap.

Now I use RMR at $0.10.

Have you looked at SummitCity bullets? I recently bought 3k for $270 free shipping. 2k 9mm 147's, and 1k 180's.

On 2/15/2023 at 7:38 AM, ysrracer said:

I really like Zero bullets, but they're about $0.14 each now. I used to order them because they were cheap.

Now I use RMR at $0.10.

I really like them too but not at 14.5 cpr. I figured maybe it was temporary while they worked through some supply chain stuff so I've been working through what I had stockpiled but now I'm gonna have to switch, too.  Sucks.