Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Optics

Rich406

12 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

I'm quite familiar with Trijicon's products.  I currently have four rifles with MROs on them.  Also had a couple RMRs.  One failed.  The other was the same one the military uses, whatever model that is.  I put it on a G17/5 for the nightstand.  Did a trial where I set it as low as it would go.  Then set my alarm for middle of the night.  Woke up grabbed the gun to check it, and the dot was so bright I couldn't even look at it.   Thought I screwed up the setting so tried again the next night.  Same problem.  Turns out it was reverting to the default setting which was like midpoint on the brightness scale.  Sent it back to Trijicon to get it fixed and they called to tell me it was fine and that's how it's supposed to work.  So, basically it was useless for the intended purpose.  What a joke.  In addition to the failed RMR, I've also had Holosun and Shield sights that failed.  As for your experience, that's fine and dandy.  What exactly is the advantage you get from having a dot on a carry gun?  Aside from the tacticool factor?  And if you don't think it adds size, weight and complexity, then you're living a different reality, I guess.  Bottom line is, I don't need a dot for EDC and don't see any advantage to having one.

Red dot on an edc is a security blanket for the masses, for those who train it could be comforting or not.  For the casual shooter it's easier to be accurate, more fun.  For Leo I could see some advantages at longer distances.  For competitors it all comes down to training.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy s#!t, there are a lot of fudds on this forum. .40 is dead in the real world. Let it fade from competition too. The entire reason major and minor were created isn't even a thing in the real world anymore.

IMO, just to piss these guys off further, Limited Optics should just be called Limited, and the old Limited should be changed to Limited Legacy or Limited Classic. :P

2 minutes ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Holy s#!t, there are a lot of fudds on this forum. .40 is dead in the real world. Let it fade from competition too.

Is it any more dead than .38 Super?  Does 9 major even exist in the real world?  So do you think we should s@*tcan Open?

Edited by deerslayer

6 minutes ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Holy s#!t, there are a lot of fudds on this forum. .40 is dead in the real world. Let it fade from competition too. 

lol, it's a LOT less dead than .45 or 38 super. Plenty of 40's in stores, and people are still buying them.

Anyone honest must admit that the migration to 9mm among some LE agencies is nothing but politically correct LGBTQ+ outreach, to try to diversify their ranks with people who can't hit sh#t with a grown up gun.

My agency is still all carrying 40, even the girls and sissies. ;)

Edited by motosapiens

4 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Is it any more dead than .38 Super?  Does 9 major even exist in the real world?  So do you think we should s@*tcan Open?

Don't F@%# with Open, or get rid of Major.  Open is just fine the way it is. Let the peasants debate the other  nonsense.

10 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

lol, it's a LOT less dead than .45 or 38 super. Plenty of 40's in stores, and people are still buying them.

My primary EDC is a S&W M&P C in 40. A 155 Gold Dot with 9 grains of Longshot will spoil your day.

38 minutes ago, avastcosmicarena said:

So will any 9mm 124 or 147 grain Gold Dot or HST.

especially if it's a non-binary pansexual guvmint agent shooting it.

the 45 will spoil it with a helluva lot more energy. If you're only shooting unarmed women, 9mm is probably fine. ;)

1 hour ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Holy s#!t, there are a lot of fudds on this forum. .40 is dead in the real world. Let it fade from competition too. The entire reason major and minor were created isn't even a thing in the real world anymore.

Maybe you think name-calling bolsters your argument, but your comment is utter nonsense.  Whether you're shooting 9, 40 or some other caliber, when it comes to defensive ammo, power is key to its effectiveness (along with shot placement).  Which is why it was included as one of the tenets of the sport.  If the manufacturers could safely increase the power factor for 9mm factory ammo, I can guarantee you they would do it.  And I can also guarantee you it would perform better than the lower pf stuff.  If you want to argue against the laws of physics, go ahead and try again.

This thread seems to have experienced some drift. 

Back on topic: it appears that Springfield prodigy plates are shipping. My order finally went to "awaiting shipment." One step closer to limited optics 👍🏻

11 minutes ago, RJH said:

This thread seems to have experienced some drift. 

Back on topic: it appears that Springfield prodigy plates are shipping. My order finally went to "awaiting shipment." One step closer to limited optics 👍🏻

I agree and I 100% purposely doing it to get people triggered. As it’s funny how upset people get about things. 

that’s exciting about your new setup!  I think I may slap a magwell on my 320 and call it a LO gun!

2 minutes ago, Bdh821 said:

I agree and I 100% purposely doing it to get people triggered. As it’s funny how upset people get about things. 

that’s exciting about your new setup!  I think I may slap a magwell on my 320 and call it a LO gun!

I can see a number of the CO folks putting the magwells back on and drifting over to LO.

44 minutes ago, RJH said:

My A12B plate, which I ordered mid-October, was delivered last week.  Unfortunately, the gun is still at H&M for finishing (did a full custom build on it).  I’m very much looking forward to see how I do with that vs my limited gun.  

9 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I would not be surprised in the least that is exactly more than a few people will do.

In doing so will trigger people as well.  🤣😂🤣

My carryops gun will be getting the magwell put back on it and will be a backup to my main LO gun.

Hopefully one or both will get used in USPSA modified division in three gun as well

Why do you guys think they did not close the door and require single action only for LO? I thought that this division opened up for the 9mm, 2011 that is the hotness today but other CO guns can play in LO as well. (at least that how I read it) I mean, I am not complaining but thinking what is their thought process in keeping it open to CO guns as well.

Because regular Limited is not SAO, nor is Open or anything else (except maybe Single Stack and nobody cares if Para LDAs are allowed there or not)   Generally there's an upward path with pistols legal for 'lower' divisions also being legal for higher level ones, so your Production setup can shoot Limited and your Limited setup can shoot Open and so on.  Why put an artificial block on that based on fairly arbitrary trigger criteria?  

Besides then all the 320 magwell people would whine :D

29 minutes ago, MikeRussell said:

Just put Prod & CO at 15 rounds, institute Limited & LO keeping all the current Ltd Div rules, get rid of L10 (provisions are already in the rules for mag ban states), leave everything else alone. Problem solved. 

I think this is ultimately what will happen; Just about every production gun out there has mag-wells available, either factory or 3rd party. Add in the thumb-rests and I suspect CO will lose a lot of shooters practically overnight.