Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GX holsters - contact info needed

nxfedlt1

10 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

@StartSignal so you are saying the GX holster won't wear the slide? Come on. 

As for holster wear, they will all wear the finish. It is the nature of the beast. Especially with a kydex holster. 

As for GX, IMO from the holsters I have from them. Some fit the gun great and others are too loose for my liking. The one for my tanfo stock 2 is great, the one for my 1911 is so loose I ditched it for a black scorpion and then for a custom leather holster because I couldn't get the gage ammount of wiggle out of it. I hate a holster where the gun moves around all over. 

Wait time so far: ordered 10/28/21

No shipping info or any update. Previous to that I tried contacting him multiple times through Facebook, and email and got no response so the gift certificate from locap nats just sat in my gun room while I decided if it was worth using. I did end up using it simply because the holster was basicly free except for the 2 upgrades I did. 

Will I ever order from him again? Nope. Especially when many other companies make the same style holsters and have much more reasonable wait times and communication.

Similar experience.  Eventually cancelled and got my money back.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2022 at 6:36 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Similar experience.  Eventually cancelled and got my money back.

How did you cancel?

I am in the similar boat; tried FB, email, and phone text. No reply back. I tried email today, hopefully I could get a reply back.

Ordered on 12/14/21 thinking okay, I think that is enough lead time for the holster to arrive for the L2 match on March.

No holster then, and I doubt it if it will arrive in time for another L2 match in 2 weeks. GX holster is great: impeccable lines, form, fit & finish. I think its the best out there, I have one on my CO. But the very unpredictable lead times puts a sour taste in the mouth. Had the same experience with my CO holster. I'll wait a few days and probably going to cancel my order as well. 

On 2/24/2022 at 8:09 AM, X5SigChris said:

@StartSignal, was it really an “improvement” to your gear setup? I was going to go with GX before I bought my RHT but the lead times led me away. I wanted to get to training ASAP. But I absolutely understand what you

mean by the scratches from RHT. Would you recommend placing the order and waiting it out? Mind you, I can spend the money elsewhere too that could be beneficial such as classes, books, ammo, etc. 

Everyone that has a GX seems to love it. Just have to be patient. 

IMO, yes. worth the wait.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be honest, I’ve asked him to change my holster a few times, Sig to glock to sig, and he was ok with making notes on my account of the change. I’m sticking with my Glock but haven’t emailed or called to try to change again. Im just gonna sell the sig one if it shows up for whatever I paid.

I ordered Dec 5th 2021. Im sure they’re great holsters but the lead time is definitely not correct. I’d think stopping new orders to catch up would be a better way of doing business. 

4 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

It’s worth the wait. Also, you don’t know for a fact that it is he personally who is posting on Instagram, so don’t make assumptions and spread potentially false information if you don’t know that for a fact. He could have someone else helping with the social media stuff.

That’s unlikely. 

Ordered on 11-26-2021 and got mine a few hours ago.  This is my third holster from GX.  Quality is the same (very good) and delivery took longer than stated on his site, but I knew it would take a long time.  The site mentions to text him (number listed on the site).  I sent a text last month and he replied within a day.

19 hours ago, 625 said:

Just to let anyone that is waiting for their holster.  I ordered mine 7 Dec 2021.  It shipped today. 🙂

Thats crazy.  I ordered January 19th and I believe it was an 8 week wait time at that point.

I texted asking for an update on Wed, so 3 days ago, and haven't heard anything back yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do we have any one not from the US that placed an order some time during the spring?

I'm by no means in a rush but seeing orders placed in December starting to get processed some time ago I'm hoping my order, placed on January 10th, hopefully will get done soon (tm).

Not sure if domestic orders are prioritized over international ones or whatnot but I just wanted to check if there are other Europeans on here also waiting for their turn still :)

2 hours ago, Bamse said:

Do we have any one not from the US that placed an order some time during the spring?

I'm by no means in a rush but seeing orders placed in December starting to get processed some time ago I'm hoping my order, placed on January 10th, hopefully will get done soon (tm).

Not sure if domestic orders are prioritized over international ones or whatnot but I just wanted to check if there are other Europeans on here also waiting for their turn still :)

I placed an order two weeks ago, I guess I'll be lucky to see it this year 🙈

4 hours ago, Bamse said:

I would try a DM through IG, that's how I got a hold of him.. My order took 3 months but that was last year, it was US based order. Bug him until he responds.. 

1 hour ago, Bamse said:

Gotcha, thanks for the replies!

The only way I was ever able to get a reply was to text the number on his website.  

For anyone looking at this thread in the future..  I ordered on 01/19/22 and it was received on 05/07/22.  I believe I was quoted 10 weeks lead time at that point but it could have been 8.  That should give an idea of how long your actual wait time will be.

I ordered on 1/4/22. But found a lefty for the Sig 320 on Stoeger's website in February so I went that route.  Tried to cancel my order through text and email several times. Holster showed up last week. I'll have a backup rig setup now even thoughi don't think ill ever break the GX .

On 5/5/2022 at 11:19 AM, hiker88 said:

Just curious…how awesome are these holsters that people are willing to wait for months for one? 

please post pics. 😉

They are nothing special. Yeah the edges are a little more refined then RHT and he has that dumb locking lever cam lock but other then that..... nothing. And the last 2 RHT holsters I ordered were both shipped with in 30 days. That last I ordered from GX was 6+ months.