GX holsters - contact info needed

nxfedlt1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten two of his holsters. 

After a long wait for delivery on the first one, I too tried to contact him several times. After many weeks

I finally got a response that the order was on the way. 

Disappointed as I was, I ended up liking the holster so much I ordered a 2nd and waited and waited. But knowing there would be a long lead time, 

and not urgently needing it, I didn't get up tight like the first order.

Yes he could be much more communicative and professional and save himself and his customers a whole lot of head aches. BUT, in the end 

I love these products and am completely glad I stuck it out. I get the idea he has grown faster than his internal infrastucture can cope with.

Customer Service - 2 out of 10

Product - 10 out of 10

• 2 weeks later...

His website states major delays and he's only one person filling your order. I went to his site and it states to send him a text. Witch I did, he replied back within 24 hours about the status of my holster. After comminating, he told me I was next in line and it showed up about 3 weeks later. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I ordered my GX holster in Sept of 2021. Thereafter I got my tracking info in Jan of 2022 and arrived a few days after that. I can tell you, it was well worth the wait. I absolutely love this holster. Not just for the cool locking feature, but the quality and fit are the best I have come across. This is someone who has been through many competitive holsters over the years, including BladeTech & Red Hill Tactical. Gun draws smoothly with no rough edges to scratch up your slide. In fact, I just repainted my slide from using the Red Hill Tactical holster, which caused a lot of deep abrasions from drawing. The thing is, I never could figure out what exactly was causing this. I must of Dremeled that holster more ways than Sunday in attempt to smooth out the material with no luck. Anyways, the GX solved that issue. 

Edited by StartSignal
typo

@StartSignal, was it really an “improvement” to your gear setup? I was going to go with GX before I bought my RHT but the lead times led me away. I wanted to get to training ASAP. But I absolutely understand what you

mean by the scratches from RHT. Would you recommend placing the order and waiting it out? Mind you, I can spend the money elsewhere too that could be beneficial such as classes, books, ammo, etc. 

Everyone that has a GX seems to love it. Just have to be patient. 

@X5SigChris For me, an absolute YES! I was originally motivated to buy the GX holster simply for its innovative locking feature. All other holsters have in my opinion, make-shift solutions for keeping your gun secure when you're not shooting. The Red Hill Tactical holsters have those 2 thumb-screws, which are a pain in the ass and just got tired of having to remember to tighten/loosen. I had to replace those screws several times and have to keep a spare as well. In the end, I just threw some Blue 242 Loctite on them and just dealt with a loose-fitting gun. And yes, it popped out many times. 

In addition, I am a CRO and RO every match throughout the season in both USPSA & Steel Challege (I save like over $500 in match fees) up here in New Hampshire which also caused issues with no real way to lock my gun securely in my holster.  I've tried all sorts of DIY methods to keep it in the holster and none ever solved the issue where I didn't have to worry about it. I found myself always fiddling with it in fear my gun would pop out unexpectedly. 

It wasn't until I mounted the GX holster and started to use it in competition that I realize just how well made it is. The Kydex is much thicker and all edges are nicely rounded and smoothed, which resolved the slide scratches. Personally, I would place the order and just wait it out. I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Here's a pic of my slide showing just how much damage the RHT holster inflicted on my slide. The one on the bottom is the newly painted and stippled mod. Even after 3 indoor winter USPSA matches, not a single scratch or abrasions. Very, very happy with my purchase and my willingness to hnag in there until it arrives. 

Comptition_mags6_small.png

MyX5Mod barrel side_small.JPG

Edited by StartSignal

Wow. Yea, mine isn’t that bad but I have only about 1.5 months of dry fire with it and no matches with it yet. But I can see it forming. I don’t mind it a ton but I understand that means I’ll have to eventually coat the slide again and that’ll be money that can go elsewhere. 

Because of no matches yet, I can’t say the tightening/loosening the screws poses an issue for me. But it very well may. And knowing myself, I’ll probably end up not tightening after a while then getting comfortable. Then poof, gun pops out because I bent over weird resetting and going home for the day. 

i may just hang with what I have for now but revisit the idea after this season. My track record for having to withdraw from matches recently for whatever reason has been insane which makes me hesitant on dropping more money this very second lol. 

@X5SigChris Yeah, based on what you stated and relatively not much dry, live or match time. I would agree to hold off for now. My situation is a bit different, I'm shooting 48 to 55 matches per season that includes 2 Area 7 state matches, plus all the dry & live fire training I do.  I was desperate for something else. 

I will say this, you will see once you get up to speed in every aspect of your competition shooting how this will evolve. It's a knowledge nugget to for later.  

1 hour ago, Rich406 said:

I just received the order I placed on October 11th. 4 months 2 weeks.  

the web site states 10 weeks, it’s way off..

Potato, potato lol. Sucks the wait was longer than expected but I’m sure you’re still thrilled it’s in before the season gets going good. I would be. Then again, I’m happy when new grip tape arrives in the mail 

2 hours ago, Rich406 said:

I just received the order I placed on October 11th. 4 months 2 weeks.  

the web site states 10 weeks, it’s way off..

I placed my order on October 23rd. Lead time back then was 8 weeks so I thought I was getting the run around. Hopefully I'll get it soon.

1 hour ago, X5SigChris said:

Potato, potato lol. Sucks the wait was longer than expected but I’m sure you’re still thrilled it’s in before the season gets going good. I would be. Then again, I’m happy when new grip tape arrives in the mail 

Not really, the guy should be more realistic about his wait times. He’s running nearly double what he advertises. 

1 hour ago, Rich406 said:

Not really, the guy should be more realistic about his wait times. He’s running nearly double what he advertises. 

Fair enough. I can also understand wanting what you paid for when delivery is prescribed. 

• 2 weeks later...

@StartSignal so you are saying the GX holster won't wear the slide? Come on. 

As for holster wear, they will all wear the finish. It is the nature of the beast. Especially with a kydex holster. 

As for GX, IMO from the holsters I have from them. Some fit the gun great and others are too loose for my liking. The one for my tanfo stock 2 is great, the one for my 1911 is so loose I ditched it for a black scorpion and then for a custom leather holster because I couldn't get the gage ammount of wiggle out of it. I hate a holster where the gun moves around all over. 

Wait time so far: ordered 10/28/21

No shipping info or any update. Previous to that I tried contacting him multiple times through Facebook, and email and got no response so the gift certificate from locap nats just sat in my gun room while I decided if it was worth using. I did end up using it simply because the holster was basicly free except for the 2 upgrades I did. 

Will I ever order from him again? Nope. Especially when many other companies make the same style holsters and have much more reasonable wait times and communication.

Edited by Bakerjd
More thoughts.