Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GX holsters - contact info needed

nxfedlt1

Speak of the devil, I've been trying to reach GX using non-preferred methods (it's just the way I work personally, I always start out easy and it's easier to escalate than de-escalate ;]) with, as expected, no replies. Today I got a notice from customs saying to pay import fees and such on a shipment from good ol' KY. Hooray!

It's going to be borderline impossible to live up to the mental hype that's been building for 6 months but as long as it does it's job I'm honestly going to be be happy. Time to slay some level 1's! ;);)

Edited by Bamse

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hope I haven't been blacklisted! Placed an order for a Shadow 1 holster at the beginning of June, cancelled it a few weeks later as I decided I didn't really need one. Then I placed an order for a holster for the Phoenix Redback after it became available as an option, but haven't received an order confirmation yet...

• 2 months later...

I ordered one May 24, was told 14 weeks on wait time.  Sent him a text message and responded back the next day saying it would be shipped out this week.  I am waiting for it and have been told it is worth the wait.  

12 hours ago, Stuey said:

I ordered one May 24, was told 14 weeks on wait time.  Sent him a text message and responded back the next day saying it would be shipped out this week.  I am waiting for it and have been told it is worth the wait.  

My order was almost 3 weeks before yours and I haven't gotten anything yet. Guess we'll see.

I will never understand how anyone is willing to wait 22+ weeks for a simple kydex holster. And futher more think it's totally acceptable to have to text/email/dm/insta/Facebook the guy to even get some response. His locking holster isn't even special. It's a cam lock with a magnet. 

12 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I will never understand how anyone is willing to wait 22+ weeks for a simple kydex holster. And futher more think it's totally acceptable to have to text/email/dm/insta/Facebook the guy to even get some response. His locking holster isn't even special. It's a cam lock with a magnet. 

I don't think most people find that acceptable.  I think they thought the 12 weeks or so was acceptable as long as they knew ahead of time when they ordered.  Seems to me that the lead time posted on the website is pretty much an entirely fabricated number to keep people ordering. I suspect that most people would add their own(you can order the cam locks from places like Grainger) or look at other options if they were told up front that it was going to be 26+ weeks...

The Magnet is not necessary.  I was the first in our section to go out and buy a Cam Lever from Grainger to install on a Longs Shadow Kydex holster.  We have about a half dozen in our section that has followed suit, where I passed them the part number for the CAM lever.  you just have to make sure you order the correct thread size and you are good to go.  

The best part is the Cam Lever only costs $15 bucks, you don't have to buy a new holster and you do no have excessive wait times.

Edited by Boomstick303

I will pass these part number for others.

When ordering make sure you order the Cam with the correct thread count for your holster hardware.  I think the 20 mm screw length would work for most holsters.  If you feel like you need a longer screw or are unsure you can order Cam Levers that have longer screws, just search the Web site.

You can go one of two routes.  You can order a Cam Lever that has a thread count that matches the hardware on your holster or you can order one with a thread count that matches a Nylon Lock nut you buy from a store like Lowes or Home Depot.  I prefer using the Nylon Lock nut.  Both work fine as I have used both.

#20-24 Thread count matches the Nylon Lock nut I have used on some holster

Part Number  -  20WX06

https://www.grainger.com/product/KIPP-Cam-Handle-Cam-Lever-20WX06?cm_sp=Home-_-Products_You_Have_Recently_Viewed-_-AZHPRV_HPAD-080620&cm_vc=AZHPRV_HPAD-080620

#8-32 Thread count matches the hardware on my Longs Shadow Holster

Part Number  -  20WU97

https://www.grainger.com/product/KIPP-Cam-Handle-Cam-Lever-20WU97?cm_sp=Home-_-Products_You_Have_Recently_Viewed-_-AZHPRV_HPAD-080620&cm_vc=AZHPRV_HPAD-080620

On 9/28/2022 at 4:06 PM, Boomstick303 said:

I will pass these part number for others.

When ordering make sure you order the Cam with the correct thread count for your holster hardware.  I think the 20 mm screw length would work for most holsters.  If you feel like you need a longer screw or are unsure you can order Cam Levers that have longer screws, just search the Web site.

You can go one of two routes.  You can order a Cam Lever that has a thread count that matches the hardware on your holster or you can order one with a thread count that matches a Nylon Lock nut you buy from a store like Lowes or Home Depot.  I prefer using the Nylon Lock nut.  Both work fine as I have used both.

#20-24 Thread count matches the Nylon Lock nut I have used on some holster

Part Number  -  20WX06

https://www.grainger.com/product/KIPP-Cam-Handle-Cam-Lever-20WX06?cm_sp=Home-_-Products_You_Have_Recently_Viewed-_-AZHPRV_HPAD-080620&cm_vc=AZHPRV_HPAD-080620

#8-32 Thread count matches the hardware on my Longs Shadow Holster

Part Number  -  20WU97

https://www.grainger.com/product/KIPP-Cam-Handle-Cam-Lever-20WU97?cm_sp=Home-_-Products_You_Have_Recently_Viewed-_-AZHPRV_HPAD-080620&cm_vc=AZHPRV_HPAD-080620

Thank you, this is very useful, especilaly since I just lost one of the retention adjustment screws in my holster.

I ordered mine in June thinking it was gonna be a 12 week wait.  No biggie….  But now I’m hearing about a much longer wait.  I probably would have passed had I known.  Hopefully I’ll have it for next season. 

On 10/3/2022 at 6:53 PM, seabass1 said:

Been a minute since I ordered mine.

You ordered about a month ahead of me; That's insane.  If you want to be more annoyed, I just found out that a friend who ordered his 4 days and 55 orders behind mine already shipped.  Guess it's nothing resembling first come first serve...not sure if he just throws darts at a board or what.  I'd be inclined to give the benefit of the doubt and say that some color combos may not be on hand at certain times, but I ordered all black, so I kind of doubt he doesn't have that on hand lol...

Guess it's time to start trying to ping him so he can ignore my messages like he did last time around.