Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Automation

14 hours ago, Sarge said:

GULP.......$2400

Ouch. And then add more sensors. I thought her comment when she said she can get around 600 RPH manually was funny. I can do 1000 in an hour easily. I guess they wanted to make it sound like 2000 rounds per hour was a lot.

Be nice if there was a simple electric or hydraulic to add with a foot switch like the shotgun reloaders, just to pull the lever, my ponsness warren worked flawless for years that way, one switch for up one for down, done, make the unit about 1000 bucks no sensors just a up and down and im in

Edited by Sinister4

1 hour ago, Sinister4 said:

Be nice if there was a simple electric or hydraulic to add with a foot switch like the shotgun reloaders, just to pull the lever, my ponsness warren worked flawless for years that way, one switch for up one for down, done, make the unit about 1000 bucks no sensors just a up and down and im in

P-W makes that very unit for you at your requested price point!!!  

https://www.reloaders.com/collections/auto-drive-electric-system/products/dillon-super-1050-auto-drive?variant=26540421377

I have one Super 1050 on this system and another on the Mark 7.  Is the Mark 7 worth a thousand more?  I don't think so, until you start adding in all of the sensors (but then again, you're at much more than "a thou more" by that point....)

3 hours ago, Braxton1 said:

P-W makes that very unit for you at your requested price point!!!  

https://www.reloaders.com/collections/auto-drive-electric-system/products/dillon-super-1050-auto-drive?variant=26540421377

I have one Super 1050 on this system and another on the Mark 7.  Is the Mark 7 worth a thousand more?  I don't think so, until you start adding in all of the sensors (but then again, you're at much more than "a thou more" by that point....)

THANK YOU !!!   I never even checked that       8 months+ out right now but least they make one   When I shot trap a lot (40K registered a year + practice) I loaded and then just bought new ammo from Federal by the pallet, those days long gone for sure

Edited by Sinister4

That price point is painful, time to look at other options.

And I don't get the big marketing push that 'you can keep your warranty's since it's only 1-2 years for the press anyways. Maybe it'll matter for some businesses that may crank out a ton of ammo day one but not for the masses that will purchase it.

@Sinister4 the PW units show up on eBay sometimes for $600-800. I've been looking for one for my old RL as there aren't a ton of options for that press.

On 1/18/2022 at 2:42 PM, Sinister4 said:

THANK YOU !!!   I never even checked that       8 months+ out right now but least they make one   When I shot trap a lot (40K registered a year + practice) I loaded and then just bought new ammo from Federal by the pallet, those days long gone for sure

Just as an FYI in case anyone is interested.  I know you mentioned a 1050, but I emailed PW and asked if they also had any options for an RL1100.  They have not yet seen an RL1100 to see/test if their Auto-Drive works on it. 

On 1/19/2022 at 7:23 PM, michael b. said:

Just as an FYI in case anyone is interested.  I know you mentioned a 1050, but I emailed PW and asked if they also had any options for an RL1100.  They have not yet seen an RL1100 to see/test if their Auto-Drive works on it. 

It will not work. The 1100 and 1050 use entirely different bottom ends.  The old PW on the RL1050 will not work due to dimensional changes to the press.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:43 PM, Johnnymazz said:

Been a long wait. I currently own 2 of the Ammobot machines. I will be purchasing the new Dillon autodrive  also. Im adding another RL1100 to my fleet. Price isnt bad. I spent more than that on some of my high end pistols. Buy once cry once.

None of your Ammobot sensors or case kicker will work on the new machine. They have completely abandoned any and all support for the Ammobot.

56 minutes ago, markimm said:

None of your Ammobot sensors or case kicker will work on the new machine. They have completely abandoned any and all support for the Ammobot.

Are there any sensors with this Dillon autodrive?

1 hour ago, Balakay said:

Are there any sensors with this Dillon autodrive?

There are several sensors coming soon. At this price point and add the Dillon sensors it will be more than a Mark 7 possibly. 

I have a 1050 with the Ammobot V3 and all the Immortobot sensors and case tosser (at the swage station).

So I just priced the Mark 7 with the same sensors (no case tosser) and the total price is $3,000. As much as I like Dillon presses today I would order the Mark 7 over the new Dillon automation drive. It's just appears to be more refined and has a history of working.

I'm also a bit sad there will be no more support for my Ammobot, but until it breaks I'll keep cranking out the ammo.

7 hours ago, cool said:

''The PW autodrive is complete garbage compared to a Mark 7.  I had one for a few months.  Never got it to be 100%.''

Mine is gathering dust

There are a lot of them in that state.  Mine is only serving as a donor motor for the Forcht if that ever dies.  My old original Mark 7 is my favorite of the lot, but either of those last 2 are way better than a non-automated press for cranking out ammo.  I'd expect the Dillon/Ammobot to be similar.

3 hours ago, Kema said:

Video is not even visible without logging to Vimeo. Maybe Dillon needs some help to actually host video in their own servers😂

the link provided above works fine.

I received Dillons Blue Press today in the mail and they talk about the automation. Several pictures with Lana Miculek and the parts/pieces. Works with the CP2000 and RL1100 no joy for us 1050 owners. 

On 1/21/2022 at 2:37 PM, cool said:

''The PW autodrive is complete garbage compared to a Mark 7.  I had one for a few months.  Never got it to be 100%.''

Mine is gathering dust

20220121_212809-2.JPG

Did it not work or just too slow? I've been contemplating getting one solely for processing 223 brass on my old RL if I could find one cheap enough but it's really on the bottom of the list.

I had the PW the AmmoBot and the Mark7 all of them work great for me just have a little bit different abilities. 
PW is as basic as you can get but set up correctly I never had a problem. I would process 40 caliber d-priming sizing and priming and expanding. I had processed over 100,000 rounds with this set up letting it run at times for 8 hours. It served its purpose quite well for me. 
if you’re looking for something pretty basic and you are mechanically inclined with some patients to get it set up properly I don’t think you’ll have much problems as a processing machine. Here’s a video actually here’s two videos one I had set up on a 1050 processing and one I had set up on a 650 processing.