Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer issue is getting scary~

chgofirefighter

that is an encouraging e-mail. 

They may well be doing the start-up of a reloading supply Biz

I'll let them (and you investors) get through round one.

I'll purchase from them if their prices are only a premium on former retail.  

buuut I can't see them staying in biz

if they fail to buy or build a primer making facility with the profits made.

miranda

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DirtBag said:

Yea I have a order of about 10k in with them, will update when I get and test it. They said March.

Every time I call I talk with Jill there

Friends that put in the order said it would come in Feb. Haven't heard from them. Will check.

8 hours ago, Andy9 said:

I did place an order with Trifusion. They sent an update email out, here is some of the content. I also have talked to 2 of the people there an got a good feeling / vibe from those conversations. It is walking out on a limb a little bit, but I have all the other components for this next year, except for primers and 30 cents each is not in budget. 

We are writing to you today to share some insight into what is happening in the ammunition industry. We will be brief and to the point.
We are seeing unprecedented chokeholds in the supply chain. Demand is far out pacing supply.
Rest assured though, the entire team at Trifusion Tactical LLC are working hard to create a solution.

Yes, we are literally CREATING new ways to bring ammo and components to the marketplace. Our President, Mike, is traveling to Europe next week to develop the necessary relationships with the necessary people in order to impact this change.
We are working tirelessly sourcing powder, primers, ammo, etc…We are 100% committed to this journey. We can’t speak in specifics to availability; we’re not certain of anything other than our certainty to get this figured out.

I just checked with them and they have stopped taking pre-orders on primers. They are nice and they told me that their newsletter is the way to know when pre-orders open back up 

The update from them for an earlier order that was due for delivery in late February\early March has been pushed a month.  The status update which was sent late last week is appreciated and their customer communications thus far have come across as reputable and focused on customer satisfaction.

I continue to hold out expectations that this will be a viable, although more expensive option to US based primers for the near future.  If they can satisfy some level of demand over the next 12 to 18 months it will help with primer availability.  Much preferred over the mad scramble over limited stock when they come available as well as the astronomical prices from auction sites.  If it can put downward price pressure on private sellers, everyone that reloads would benefit.

• 3 weeks later...

Powder Valley had some rifle primers today. During check out, they said that I needed to add a "koozie" to complete my order. Of course, after adding the stupid $3 koozie to my order and attempting to check out again, I was too late. They were gone. Pretty dumb...

10 minutes ago, SJBriggs said:

Powder Valley had some rifle primers today. During check out, they said that I needed to add a "koozie" to complete my order. Of course, after adding the stupid $3 koozie to my order and attempting to check out again, I was too late. They were gone. Pretty dumb...

you have no idea how puzzled I am...

please don't explain, I think I understood the post...

but what a puzzle.

Thanks Sir - Glad to read that they are starting to move in the direction of what the “normal” price used to be....Only time will tell us if this or what the new “normal” will be....

Appreciate your reply....Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226

On 3/10/2021 at 5:03 PM, outerlimits said:

scored 5K cci SRP from brownell's yesterday.  

Dang seriously! Man powder valley had SPP CCI500 and ginex SPPs... I totally missed it. I can only refresh so much in between work and taking care of kids. 

Just now, ImpactDoc said:

Dang seriously! Man powder valley had SPP CCI500 and ginex SPPs... I totally missed it. I can only refresh so much in between work and taking care of kids. 

Even if you are one the ball, they are gone in 3-5 mins. Sometimes less. 

11 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

Even if you are one the ball, they are gone in 3-5 mins. Sometimes less. 

Yeah it's been frustrating....a month ago I was constantly refreshing and things become available (on midway), and I try to add when it says "available", and it won't even let me add it saying "not enough" or something like that not even 1 min passed by. Super frustrating.... I don't remember it being. this bad during Obama era...I got to do what others do and have a 10k primer stockpile at all times on top of yearly expected usage. 

1st world problems I guess huh...

28 minutes ago, ImpactDoc said:

Yeah it's been frustrating....a month ago I was constantly refreshing and things become available (on midway), and I try to add when it says "available", and it won't even let me add it saying "not enough" or something like that not even 1 min passed by. Super frustrating.... I don't remember it being. this bad during Obama era...I got to do what others do and have a 10k primer stockpile at all times on top of yearly expected usage. 

1st world problems I guess huh...

Yep, 1st world probs.

3 hours ago, JimmyZip said:

I got something similar.

7C3B3C3D-B0D2-43C4-9A34-2465F717210D.jpeg

I think I have some of those too! Just didn’t have the price tag on them. Actually those were some that a guy picked up for me and overpaid for them. Where I normally bought them they were .75 cents. 😀

14 hours ago, ImpactDoc said:

They sold out in about 5 seconds yesterday. I was trying to get the CCIs and the ginex popped up and I added immediately and the website dies out before I even made it to the checkout page.

I thought it was bad last fall but it's nearly impossible now.