Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer issue is getting scary~

chgofirefighter

58 minutes ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

IMO - That auction has "flags" all over it 

Zero Feedback and

Payment by PayPal......

Even if the pricing was attractive the only way I would buy these primers would be with a Face to Face transaction.....

But this is just me...... 

your two comments about the zero feedback and paypal pay (if the only allowed kind of payment)

are good reasons for me ( or you ) to not bother with bidding.

However? who is doing the bidding to get over 3000?  I rounded down.

are there real people honestly paying that much for a 10k block of primers?

imported primers are a bit over 110/k  plus all the usual shipping surcharges

with a 2 month lead time right now.

miranda

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, stick said:

Has me thinking more and more about selling the 7k I have.  $2500 currently with 3+ days left.

Yep, you’ll sell them and then be like one of those guys who whine for years, “OMG I should have NEVER sold that gun!!” 😂😂

4 hours ago, Farmer said:

Yep, you’ll sell them and then be like one of those guys who whine for years, “OMG I should have NEVER sold that gun!!” 😂😂

Do you know me?  First off, I don't whine.  I'll happily just sit on them until I need them.  

On 1/28/2021 at 5:29 AM, stick said:

Crazy what people will pay!

I'm sitting on roughly 8k CCI small pistol primers. At the prices people are willing to pay for them,  maybe I should sell them to pay for my vacation or a new gun!

You could buy a new gun, but then it becomes an expensive paper weight.

6 hours ago, stick said:

Do you know me?  First off, I don't whine.  I'll happily just sit on them until I need them.  

😁😁Sorry don’t know ya but you probably know some guy’s I’m talking about. I’m the same way, I bought the stuff for a reason, to use it! Actually that post was directed at someone else and I screwed up. 

6 hours ago, Farmer said:

😁😁Sorry don’t know ya but you probably know some guy’s I’m talking about. I’m the same way, I bought the stuff for a reason, to use it! Actually that post was directed at someone else and I screwed up. 

It's ok.  No worries!

10 hours ago, Andy9 said:

You could buy a new gun, but then it becomes an expensive paper weight.

No more new guns.  If I add another gun, I'll need another safe.  I have to break down some of the AR's to get all the guns in the safe now.

7 minutes ago, mvmojo said:

No primer sales for me.  I'll happily sit on my little supply using them judiciously until this passes.  And, it will pass, just like in the past!

That’s the big question will it pass this year or four years from now, maybe we can get some non us companies to start importing them.

14 minutes ago, Dwbsig said:

That’s the big question will it pass this year or four years from now, maybe we can get some non us companies to start importing them.

I've been buying Ginex primers from Bosnia-Herzegovina for the past several years - have bought maybe 60K of them.  Availability (pre-Covid, of course) seemed to be hit and miss but when I found them they were maybe $22-$23/thou including ship/haz-mat.  I'd buy 20K at a time.  What a dumbass, should have been buying 100K (or more) at a time!!

2 minutes ago, mvmojo said:

I've been buying Ginex primers from Bosnia-Herzegovina for the past several years - have bought maybe 60K of them.  Availability (pre-Covid, of course) seemed to be hit and miss but when I found them they were maybe $22-$23/thou including ship/haz-mat.  I'd buy 20K at a time.  What a dumbass, should have been buying 100K (or more) at a time!!

Have you been able to get any lately?

2 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I've thought about selling some but when I think about it, $2000 in profits will impact my life less than having no primers if this shortage holds for a few more years. I'd rather shoot and enjoy live.

Zackly!

the increase in value is not enough to get me to sell the few primers I have.

I am curious who does want primers that bad.

I am thinking a company that sells reloads may be interested...

it also would explain the lack of waiting for the imported primers to arrive.

hoarding tip for the next primer shortage... get over 10k as spare...

ah well.

a bigger wallet is also nice to have.

miranda

1 minute ago, Don_B said:

"hoarding tip for the next primer shortage... get over 10k as spare...

ah well."

Is this hoarding or being prepared?

For me, that's only maybe 4 mo supply.  I used to buy 20K at a time... now 100K is my new "being prepared" level!

2 hours ago, Don_B said:

"hoarding tip for the next primer shortage... get over 10k as spare...

ah well."

Is this hoarding or being prepared?

ah.. um...

my thinking was having enough to share/sell and be worth the effort

miranda

On 1/29/2021 at 6:32 PM, mvmojo said:

Are they any good? I heard someone say that they read on benos that they weren't great.

1 hour ago, blueorison said:

Are they any good? I heard someone say that they read on benos that they weren't great.

I'm a dumbass for not buying 100K of them, but I'm not enough of a dumbass to continue to buy them if they weren't any good!  I've shot close to 50K of them and can't recall a time when one didn't go bang.

6 minutes ago, mvmojo said:

I'm a dumbass for not buying 100K of them, but I'm not enough of a dumbass to continue to buy them if they weren't any good!  I've shot close to 50K of them and can't recall a time when one didn't go bang.

Thanks for the feedback. I read here just now that a guy's Glock wasn't setting em off. What pistols did you use em in?

Let's see, for small pistol primers I've shot ammo made with Ginex primers in a Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, 3 different 1911's, an STI 2011 open gun, a Sig 938, a Springfield Hellcat, and probably a few others that I can't think of right now.  In large pistol primers I've fired them in a Glock 21, a Glock 36 and at least three 1911's.  My friends have shot some of my rounds in their PCC's and various pistols.  Never a problem.  They also work well with my DAA Primer Pro collator.  I can't say anything bad about them, just like I don't have anything bad to say about CCI primers or Federal primers, all of which I've loaded/fired thousands of rounds with.  Several years ago I decided to give Ginex a try because they were less expensive than CCI or Federal.  I stuck with them because they worked and continued to be lower cost.  I'd buy more in a heartbeat if I could find them!