Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer issue is getting scary~

chgofirefighter

30 minutes ago, blueorison said:

Thanks sir! I heard they were stocking Ginex w discounts on large quiescent, just last month.

What is "large quiescent"?  Never heard of that with respect to primers, etc...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whats the most anyone here is wiling to pay for Ginex small pistol primers?

Ive found some, But want to hear what everyone is willing to pay!

The primers I found can be had for 9 cents a round if bought 10000 at time! A little to rich for me

Edited by ghost21

I found Ginex for $0.09 each in qty 10K, but... delivery is estimated for maybe July, or maybe Aug, or maybe Sept & they want a 50% down payment.  That deal has a little bit of a smell to it from my perspective.  If I could find them for 9 cents each including shipping with immediate availability I'd consider an order for 10K or maybe more.  But, I'm not going to buy what looks to be "options" on primers for some unspecified future delivery.

gotenda.com is out of stock on spp, but put the 9c per primer in perspective.  Pre March 2020 primers were selling in the 2.8 to 3.8 cents each and 9mm ammo was selling in the $0.17 to $0.20 per round range.  Fast forward to today and 9mm is in the $0.70 to $0.95 per round range, an increase of about 4x.  Those 2.8 to 3.8 cent primers are now 9 to 12 cents each (I'm excluding the gouging going on at gunbroker, gun shows, etc.).  That's somewhere in the 3x to 4x increase as well.  Bullets have only gone up a penny or two, so even at the 9c primer price, reloading is still significantly less expensive than buying new ammo (when you can find it!).

4 minutes ago, EEH said:

I was just on their website and they show cci primers in stock along with 9 mm ammo, at 17 bucks a box.

Have you bought from them before ?

primers 59$99 per 1000 

On their shipping info page they show "We only allow shipping within CANADA. No international orders."

On 1/21/2021 at 12:48 PM, ltdmstr said:

Primers will be available when ammo demand subsides.  Until then, we're SOL.  And prices will be up in general for a variety of reasons.  Winchester already announced across-the-board increases on ammo and components and you can expect the others will follow.

As for the gunbroker auctions, big surprise there.  Lots of people are lazy and/or just plain dumb.  As of last week, I found a guy selling Federal primers at $760/10k.  Not exactly cheap, but pretty reasonable considering the circumstances.  There's still stuff out there for not so crazy prices, just takes a little time, effort, and a functioning frontal lobe to find it.

Hmm, $760 for 10k?  I would've jumped on it... PM the listing or site plz :) 

22 hours ago, mvmojo said:

I found Ginex for $0.09 each in qty 10K, but... delivery is estimated for maybe July, or maybe Aug, or maybe Sept & they want a 50% down payment.  That deal has a little bit of a smell to it from my perspective.  If I could find them for 9 cents each including shipping with immediate availability I'd consider an order for 10K or maybe more.  But, I'm not going to buy what looks to be "options" on primers for some unspecified future delivery.

Thats the primers Im talking about ,and your right,something doesnt smell right!

3 minutes ago, ghost21 said:

If your willing to take the chance, here you go!

https://trifusiontactical.com/product/unis-ginex-small-pistol-primers/

Let us know how it goes!

That's the one that I think has an unpleasant aroma associated with it.  You're basically buying options on primers for some unspecified future delivery... NOT!

a promise is worth?

I went to a website where I was offered prices as low as 9 cents a primer

opted for 1k and was told 11 cents a primer and shipping and hazmat extra.

to be determined at time of shipping (...?... they don't have an estimate?)

we expect this time frame and hurry now to be included in this supply round.

and the 50 percent deposit.

looks legit.

didn't take them up on that kind offer.

I have to apply some perspective...

If the price of materials and the machine cost all doubled...

(I have a lot of reasons to think this is not true.)

the cost of primers could be set at 55 dollars per k.

so as far as I am concerned,

I  have given them the cash to buy my primers at retail

and then am expected to find the coin to finish the transaction.

the best part... whenever they can get the primers.

I see no capital risk on their part.

I can see a biz I need to look into.

miranda

I wonder if we will see "new" primer companies popping up in the US market in the next 12-18 months?  I am sure many have reviewed the process to manufacture primers but few will have the capital and are willing to go through the required regulations to become a manufacturer.......BUT.....I would almost bet 100 SPP's that in the next 12-18 months the US will have at least a couple of new start up primer companies......

4 hours ago, blueorison said:

Many are worried that the same thing that happens every 4 years will occur to them if they spin up new factories or businesses; going out of business first from the lack, then from the abundance.

I suspect for this go-round of shortage, it is a bit late to get a solid profit...

and lets face it ammo and reloading looks like the definition of

low margin and therefore  move a lot of units to make a profit.

It is not easy to start a 'reloader's corner' biz.

the problem is that lowest price wins once availability is 'normal'

and to make ends meet... you end up selling anything else.

and forget to stay stocked ahead in primers...

to succeed you have to have a primer making factory...

and get a rep during the ammo/primer shortage.

and mothball it when the 'rebates' happen...

what does it take to keep customers during the non-shortage periods?

miranda

• 2 weeks later...

Any more political posting will get this thread closed. Please follow the Forums guidelines.

Restricted Content
Politics
Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the Forums.

This is not a free speech issue. As a privately funded and collectively ran "information exchange," we have found that the emotional nature of political discussions weakens the informative impact of the Forums.

I did place an order with Trifusion. They sent an update email out, here is some of the content. I also have talked to 2 of the people there an got a good feeling / vibe from those conversations. It is walking out on a limb a little bit, but I have all the other components for this next year, except for primers and 30 cents each is not in budget. 

We are writing to you today to share some insight into what is happening in the ammunition industry. We will be brief and to the point.
We are seeing unprecedented chokeholds in the supply chain. Demand is far out pacing supply.
Rest assured though, the entire team at Trifusion Tactical LLC are working hard to create a solution.

Yes, we are literally CREATING new ways to bring ammo and components to the marketplace. Our President, Mike, is traveling to Europe next week to develop the necessary relationships with the necessary people in order to impact this change.
We are working tirelessly sourcing powder, primers, ammo, etc…We are 100% committed to this journey. We can’t speak in specifics to availability; we’re not certain of anything other than our certainty to get this figured out.