Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot Timer- CED7000 or AMG Labs?

Pink_Vapor

Have you used both of them?

I got a Pocket Pro II and really liked it except;

- With gun & mag holsters the only available real-estate is in front and keeps me from being able to pick anything up off the ground.

- It doesn't pick up dry fire

- It's quite bulky

The CED & AMG pick up dry fire & are a better size. The CED is a Chinese product. According to AMG, they use higher quality switches, and it doesn't have issues getting rained upon, and it's US made.

I don't mind waiting for delivery.

What are your thoughts? Go!

https://www.amg-lab.com/

https://benstoegerproshop.com/ced-7000-ced7000-electronic-shot-timer/

I have used Pocket Pros, Pocket Pro2s and CED 7000s for years as an RO.  I bought the AMG.  I love it.  You can set the sensitivity so you can pick up mouse fart sounding PCCs without having to climb up the shooters butt to record the last shot.  The pull or push to a tablet is great for scoring, and eliminates errors.

A a match just before all the BS hit, I was shooting on the same squad as the MD.  We synched to the tablet and pulled scores.  He loved it.  Now he wants to get rid of the 7000s and buy AMGs.  Honestly, I don't know anyone who does not like them.

I am now wishing I heard about the amg when I bought my ced7000. I haven't even used it yet, and while there's nothing I dislike about it, the amg being Bluetooth direct to practiscore is amazing, and only at 160, which is normal for most new timers. And I heard the ced doesn't like rain. We'll find out, as I now live in the Pacific Northwest.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, nhyrum said:

I am now wishing I heard about the amg when I bought my ced7000. I haven't even used it yet, and while there's nothing I dislike about it, the amg being Bluetooth direct to practiscore is amazing, and only at 160, which is normal for most new timers. And I heard the ced doesn't like rain. We'll find out, as I now live in the Pacific Northwest.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Can’t speak for the AMG but none of the front line timers in use are even remotely water repellent. 
And timers are closer to $100 not $160.

The other advantage of the AMG Commander timer is pulling match scores into PractiScore Competitor...  You can graph your shots on a stage...  or graph your shots against someone else on a stage...  or anyone who shot the match.

And you can find the time difference between every shot you took on a stage...  or anyone took on any stage.

We use them exclusively on our range...  We shoot a lot...  They get a heavy workout!

I bought one 4 weeks ago. Got to wait another two weeks until I get it in my hand. This really looks like the next level for competitive shooting. Thanks for the podcast. 

11 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

The other advantage of the AMG Commander timer is pulling match scores into PractiScore Competitor...  You can graph your shots on a stage...  or graph your shots against someone else on a stage...  or anyone who shot the match.

How exactly is that done?

1 hour ago, zzt said:

How exactly is that done?

When AMG Lab (or other supported BT timer) was used at the match and individual shot times are pulled in PS app (happens automatically when you pull from BT-enabled timer). These split times are saved with the scores and go to PractiScore web site with the posted match results. The PractiScore Competitor app is able to pull that data and use it to show additional stuff.

See more info about PractiScore Competitor app at

https://community.practiscore.com/t/practiscore-competitor-app-info/209

Though for practice at the range I'd recommend PractiScore Log app. It has the same visualizations of individual runs if you use AMG Lab timer, but it can be also used without a BT timer link to keep log of practice runs.

https://community.practiscore.com/t/practiscore-log-app-info/215

Edited by euxx

3 hours ago, usmc1977 said:

Very interesting. I can’t wait to see one first hand. When they stop the backorder I think people and clubs will jump on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are typically made in batches with finished timers going to fill preorders/backorders. 

If you wait wait for them to show up “in stock”, you will never get one. 

i have a ced7000 and my one local club uses them.  zero issues, pretty intuitive.  i wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, doesn't seem to be missing anything i need.  never used or even seen an amg (well other than mercedes).

• 1 year later...

I ordered and paid for an AMG shot timer in October. I have sent multiple emails and get no response, are they still in business? You think they took my money and ran? Any idea how to contact them to find out if I am going to get a timer or was I scammed?

1 hour ago, Tlog said:

I ordered and paid for an AMG shot timer in October. I have sent multiple emails and get no response, are they still in business? You think they took my money and ran? Any idea how to contact them to find out if I am going to get a timer or was I scammed?

Not a scam. Well worth the wait

More timer than I needed.  Fellow shooter was wanting one for his training with his wife, I was never going to use it to whatever its potential was so no reason to keep it.

the AMG is much easier for me to read, easier to use (no reset required), saves the last 3 strings so even if you hit the start button you don't wipe out the score, is MUCH more sensitive for pcc's and 22's, the batteries last a long long long time (over a year for me with almost daily use).  I almost never use the bluetooth and don't much care about it, but it is handy if you are doing both time and scorepad for steel challenge. It also makes it handy for shooters because the bluetooh downloads ALL the shots to the pad so you can fritter and fret and analyze your draws and splits and that sort of thing. It did take over 4 months to get ours, so if you think you want one, order it yesterday.

Edited by motosapiens