Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

18 weeks for me today. I should have one of the first black Friday orders if your in that group or after. I just think we should all agree not to blow up PT with calls and emails that can only hurt each other. We need them on the phone with the coater or whatever the issue is. If your coming up on 14 please be patient were probably looking at 20 weeks right now so 6 weeks of emails is not helpful. Am I a little frustrated? Sure, A bit concerned about spending thousands on a proprietary pistol from a company having some challenges delivering? Yep, But nothing I can do now but be a patient and hope they get it sorted.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am okay with waiting...as long as I receive a courtesy update or the like.  Its what I do for my customers.  I am in no great hurry other than anticipation.

We are in unique times and working from home tends to lead me to watching Honcho videos which does not help....

The wait time to have a custom 2011 built is well over a year according to all well known smiths out here in Cali. I'm just fine with our increase Honcho wait time, especially considering the current state of things. 

Honcho are great guns, no doubt, you can't expect turn times to be as advertised when orders start going through the roof, it's just not possible. Be patient it's well worth the Waite. You can always go with an Atlas, both my of blasters where turn times as promised not sure what they are today with the state of the country? 

• 2 weeks later...
I just came across this on the PT instagram...Of course I have been waiting on Silver PVD.  Anyone else in the same boat?  Have you been contacted with an alternative finish choice?
========================================================================================================
 This is Silver PVD it’s no longer a option on the race shop.
3w1 likeReply

@phoenixtrinityfirearms why isn’t it available?
3w1 likeReply

@n.. If the silver PVD gets into the threads it is sometimes causing the thread tech to not engage properly. We have a solution for current orders. But are currently testing a different silver to avoid an up charge

6 hours ago, Balakay said:
I just came across this on the PT instagram...Of course I have been waiting on Silver PVD.  Anyone else in the same boat?  Have you been contacted with an alternative finish choice?
========================================================================================================
 This is Silver PVD it’s no longer a option on the race shop.
3w1 likeReply

@phoenixtrinityfirearms why isn’t it available?
3w1 likeReply

@n.. If the silver PVD gets into the threads it is sometimes causing the thread tech to not engage properly. We have a solution for current orders. But are currently testing a different silver to avoid an up charge

Oh boy. Mines silver. No issues yet. But I’ve only Shot about 400-500 rounds 

I am at almost exactly 19 weeks.  Was told coating is now on Nov30-Dec1 orders...mine was ordered on Dec 3 so was told should be getting feedback that its being coated soon.

I ordered the silver PVD on slide and frame and all else black.

With regard to the Silver PVD, I emailed Tiffany a few weeks back about if the option was going to be available again anytime soon. She responded with:

"We should have a silver option soon pending some testing. You can list the request in the notes section of the build sheet. "

Seems like they are anticipating having it back pretty soon, I'll be speccing it my notes section upon ordering and hoping it will be available again by the time my build is ready to be sent out for coating.

Edited by kamber

4 hours ago, Pinhead said:

For those waiting on there guns, are you paid in full?

i just did a deposit, ......2 tone color, Silver PVD  on frame and barrels, slide and grip black, magwell, slide racker, optic mount, etc all red. 

Edited by Divejay

I think these long wait times and delays will be a make or break for Honcho’s..people like what they like and are very brand loyal..but right now, no one is shooting and the delays are easier to take..once shooting starts back, I think people will be lots less understanding..I hope they get their production problems worked out...nothing like have a great product, people standing in line to give their money away, and having problems getting the products out. On same note, it says a lot about your product when you have so many people waiting to get one..

Edited by falconpilot

13 hours ago, jose121962 said:

I’m on 19 weeks 3gun with upgrades paid in full

Week 22 ish for me, also paid in full. I bit longer then I thought. I fully paid beginning on the mouth . As long as I don’t drag on for another month or two, it all ok for me.

though I think mine might be done soon.  I am more worried it was get lost in the mail with all the shipping slow downs due to the virus.

usps lost 2 of my packages in the last few weeks .

Edited by Pinhead